• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Wider one-way roads (5 lanes wide)

Started by mikeseith, April 23, 2007, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

So, in other words, you Photoshopped the photo in your last post and aren't sure how to explain this would be possible to make in the first place?

You should have realized that the Transit Modders of both the NAM Team and the general community share their ideas and techniques, therefore they all have a decent idea of what is currently possible and what isn't. If you had spent some time researching what they have done and are in the process of doing you would not have had to endure this embarrassing situation.

If you honestly do you have any Transit Modding ability, opening a dialog with anyone on the NAM Team to share what you have done and understand would be an excellent way to start.

Either way, you have caused the pollution of the development thread of an interesting and on-going project. And that in itself is something to be ashamed of.

Since you're wishing to "move on"  and "tell the truth," an apology, evidence of actual work, or disappearance from SC4D are all viable and relatively easy paths to take. The choice yours.

-Kevin

vester

wouanagaine

I don't understand your point, either you're willing to share something and then just share it and explain us how you successfully changed something hard coded in the exe, either you just can keep quiet or even move to another place

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Pat

OK who's up for a bit of distraction???

Now one thing i think is cool is the fact a fire truck is causing some flamage and the other thin i think is we should really go back on topic here about OWR 5 Lane... So whats happening with it and whats the project status  :)  really am curious - pat

btw is there a fire chick in that pic lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Traff

Not sure Pat. Its a small image.
She kinda looks photoshopped-in or like a cardboard cutout.
But then again that guy is staring at her ___.

So this 5 lane OWR would look great in downtowns. Even better It will help funnel our rush hour commuters home when merging with RHW and other busy traffic interchanges.

:thumbsup:

Ryan B.

What would also be cool is (and I'm not sure if our texturers / RULers / etc. are already working on this):

Lane splits (for a park in the middle or something), splits to various other networks (roads, avenues, one-way roads, maybe even MIS ramps).

iamgoingtoeatyou

i'm almost certain that picture is photoshopped, badly aswell... you can see how some of the cars are missing pieces and a lane in the right side has two of those little lines in the middle...i wouldn't count on that highway any time soon &mmm

el_cozu

I have downloaded these updated files.... but how do i install them... can somebody help me please!? &ops ()what()

rickmastfan67

Quote from: el_cozu on November 23, 2007, 09:00:16 AM
I have downloaded these updated files.... but how do i install them... can somebody help me please!? &ops ()what()

The wider 5 lane OWR's can't be installed yet.  There are no files publicly released to download and use in SC4.  Only thing that as been shown are some basic textures and pictures from the people that are working on them to get them to work in SC4.  When this is officially released, you'll probably see this thread finally moved into the NAM area and sticked.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

el_cozu

thank you all for your replies... i'll be waiting this mod for the next nam alright??

good job everyone...  &apls keep up

how about making some mexican style transportation?! XD

jplumbley

J-Dub, that has absolutely nothing to do with this project.... Why are you posting something about HOV Lanes in a 5-Lane One Way Road Thread?  I just dont see the relevance.  Please dont waste space in project developement threads if you have nothing to add.

@el_cozu  This wont be in the next NAM Release.  It will be atleast one more release before this will be at a point o be released.  There arent enough textures for this yet and it is still essentially experimental, althought we have prooven that the functionality will work.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Starmanw402007

Howdie mayors, just got done reading up on this project. I love that idea of wider one-ways roads. More ideas of solving our traffix problems for everyone's cities :D. Keep Up The Great Work with this project. Looking forward to more updates.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

simonut

Wait, how come cantescape's email address is the same as Kellydale's username?
Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?
-Garth Nix, The Old Kingdom Trilogy

Come visit us over at 

DrPepper

sooo, what the progress on this Mod?
-DrPepper  ;)

R U A Great Bat Lighter? Great I need one!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3571.0

Filasimo

DrPepper: As a kindly reminder Projects will be updated pending on its high priority list. At the moment We are mainly focusing on the RHW and TLA Project. When the time arises we will update this thread when we have updates. I do hope you come back and check back but RL comes first this second and when projects have not been updated, that means we are focusing on other projects. Thank you and come back again.
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jonoboo

Quote from: Kellydale2003 on November 19, 2007, 01:24:34 PM
Yes it me again. I am working on a similiar project. I have never uploaded to STEX, PLEX, nor LEX. I have about 30 something NAM wanna-be mods. Diagonal bridges, Dual networking, and overkilled tri networking. My highway is just a plop and drag. A few bugs. On the left middle land its kind of big. I have a mod that makes Automata travel in inner lanes. So empty lanes is not a problem.

A few texture problems also.

I don't like making threads because We (CEP {Cant-Escape Productions}) end up getting critisized. We don't lie. My friend CAntEscape is kind of rude. His thread got locked. Oh well.

Heres a photoshop of what I think that picture use to look like.

Also while I was making that, I noticed there are 5 lanes on the left and 6 on the right. That seems strange.
Meh!

Pat

LoL Jonoboo we all knew that the pic was a fake back in Novemeber...  As you probley noticed that the cars are even traveling in the wrong direction...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RebaLynnTS

Me thinks someone just likes attention.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

jonoboo

Quote from: Pat on April 06, 2008, 01:25:24 PM
LoL Jonoboo we all knew that the pic was a fake back in Novemeber...  As you probley noticed that the cars are even traveling in the wrong direction...

I couldn't resist doing it though :P
Meh!