• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Now I have taken onboard Mandelsoft's advice and re-rendered the models. It took a bit of reading and is still a work in progress but I think I have the Bridges done. At this point who should I speak to about getting these bridges into the NAM as additional bridges. I have some more Bridge designs so any help in this regard would be welcome. As you can see the pylon still kills the catenaries in the first picture, something I have been trying to avoid.

The models also work for the elevated viaduct bridge as shown in the last picture.

-eggman121

cmdp123789

I like the bridge itself, but I dont see why should the bridge have a lighter texture than the actual rail... In my opinion, the texture should follow a uniform path tranition, that way, you cant really tell when the bridge starts

roadgeek

Looking great!  :thumbsup: Would like to see STR bridges as well.

kassarc16

Quote from: cmdp123789 on February 17, 2014, 05:54:05 PM
I like the bridge itself, but I dont see why should the bridge have a lighter texture than the actual rail... In my opinion, the texture should follow a uniform path tranition, that way, you cant really tell when the bridge starts
Agreed. If bridge and non-bridge textures are going to be the same, it should have a seamless look.

MandelSoft

You know you can assign multiple T21s to one tile, right? You just have to change the patterns of them so they don't conflict with one another
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Shadow Assassin

The texture probably hasn't been colour corrected yet. Perhaps it'd be better to have the surface as a flat plane - that way it's also compatible with Maxis rail.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

FrankU

Hi eggman,

The bridges are really nice. I won't bother you with remarks on the textures, because that is not my cup of tea.
I will bother you with construction instead.  ;D

From a construction point of view the pylons are way too thin. This will especially show when the valleys become ravines and get deeper. Also in the last image I think the span of the bridge is too long. Either there should be a pylon somewhere, or the heigth of the construction should be higher. A construction of this kind usually can span about ten times its heigth. And of  course you may stretch that a bit in SC4, but not too much in my opinion.

But...  if you decide to ignore my remarks I will use your bridge anyway. Because I like it.

Gugu3

Lovely bridges eggman!whatever you're gonna do with them (change the texture,the distance between pylons,ecc.) i'll certainly use these bridges as they are really nice!excellent work

eggman121

Thanks for all the comments so far  :thumbsup:. I'm still getting used to bridge building but I have taken you comments on board and corrected the colour saturation and fixed the pylon length.

To proceed however I will need to add this bridge as an additional bridge since i'm using the warren under-truss bridge exemplar to show it in game.

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on February 17, 2014, 11:43:25 PM
The texture probably hasn't been colour corrected yet. Perhaps it'd be better to have the surface as a flat plane - that way it's also compatible with Maxis rail.

That is a great Idea. Luckily i still have the original models to modify.

Quote from: FrankU on February 17, 2014, 11:56:20 PM
Hi eggman,

The bridges are really nice. I won't bother you with remarks on the textures, because that is not my cup of tea.
I will bother you with construction instead.  ;D

From a construction point of view the pylons are way too thin. This will especially show when the valleys become ravines and get deeper. Also in the last image I think the span of the bridge is too long. Either there should be a pylon somewhere, or the heigth of the construction should be higher. A construction of this kind usually can span about ten times its heigth. And of  course you may stretch that a bit in SC4, but not too much in my opinion.

But...  if you decide to ignore my remarks I will use your bridge anyway. Because I like it.

I designed this bridge to cross small creeks as opposed to large body's of water. The pylons themselves taper so they will get wider as the water gets deeper.

Quote from: Gugu3 on February 18, 2014, 01:44:53 AM
Lovely bridges eggman!whatever you're gonna do with them (change the texture,the distance between pylons,ecc.) i'll certainly use these bridges as they are really nice!excellent work

Thanks. With help from others I hope to get it out at some point. Don't know when though.

-eggman121

Gugu3

Nice job on colour saturation and pylons! :thumbsup: are you actually planning to create some more bridges when this one is finished?

cmdp123789

WOW! you can definetly see a difference now... I like the transition now.. looks more consistant.. now do you think is there a way to make a texture transition for the pebbles in the bridge? Cause if that can be done.. there's nothing else much needed... GREAT JOB SO FAR! I love your catenaries, and I definetly love this new project

Indiana Joe

Looking pretty snazzy there Mr. Eggman.   &apls  The pylons are still a little awkward (plain, and the textures look stretched), but you've almost got a whole set of quality bridges.

trabman11

RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

FrankU

Yes!  &apls
Those last images look more realistic constructionwise. I don't know if you changed anything or just used a more fitting length, but this is OK.
There is a clear difference between your bridge and the other one, but I think you can keep it this way. The texture transition looks realistic in my opinion.

vinlabsc3k

Really great job with the fractional catenaries and the bridges. :thumbsup:

I would change the truss texture with a metallic one and the retaining wall with a brick one and make them a little bit dirty.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

eggman121

Thanks for all the positive comments  :thumbsup: If your wondering if I'm going to be making more bridges well here is the next one

Textures still needs to be colour corrected and some geometry changed but here it is...

-eggman121

Gugu3

Nice one eggman!good to see you're working on some new bridges! &apls

Geometry123

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

eggman121

Thank you

But wait... There is more...

Still needs some colour correction but that is it. A bit white for my liking. This is a box girder bridge.

-eggman121

Gugu3