• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Good news. Noah has been helping me out, things have started to run smoothly.

Cheers
Willy

rooker1

:D LMAO &apls......Congrats on 200 posts and now I'm getting really hungry!! The Pizza Line.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

That's awesome :D  My pizza's in HD  ;D

Oh yeah, and congrats on 200 posts and some amazing improvements to the rail curves of late ;)  I can't overstate how awesome the latter is!

MandelSoft

Well, there's only one reaction to this:

That just made my day  :D
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

vortext

:D  :D  :D

The shadows are outstanding Willy!   $%Grinno$%

Jokes aside the new curves are seriously awesome! &apls And draggable I presume?

The catenaries are shaping up quite nice as well. I like how the wires stand out on the RRW textures! :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

metarvo

Did someone mention pizza?  Oh, my mouth's watering.  :D  It's not even fair to tempt me like this.  ;D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Indiana Joe

Oh dear, I don't think I can compete with those textures  $%Grinno$%

I have been away, and I see I've missed some cool stuff! (Besides the pizza!)  I love the wider curves Willy.  That's something I've always wanted to see done to the RHW MIS ramps--there's too much wasted tile space.

But getting back to railroads, I need to finalize my own master textures and get going for real on the grey version.

I've taken a liking to semi-shiny rails, but I'll probably end up ditching them when I run into curve problems like Willy.  We'll see.

-Matt

chosenreject

will the different rrw textures be optional in the next nam? i prefer pepperoni on my pizza :D

GDO29Anagram

I just wanna throw this out as a disclaimer (and a progress report):

We don't exactly serve pizza. (We typically only ever serve one topping.)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Indiana Joe

You positively must leave that in the final version.   :D

(Hawaiian pizza is one of my favorites...ham and pineapple...mmm...)

vester

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 12, 2013, 10:24:28 AM
We don't exactly serve pizza. (We typically only ever serve one topping.)

Damn it, was just looking forward to some pizza :P  :D

Wiimeiser

That should be in there. That's probably something Maxis would do...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

art128

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 13, 2013, 04:59:55 AM
That should be in there. That's probably something Maxis would do...

Exactly, it's just like the " Sadly, we've got no Off " from maxis... :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Geometry123

Ooohh! So no NAM exclusive special 256 sq. m pepperoni pizza? :D $%Grinno$% :P
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Indiana Joe

Willy, I have a question that I'm sure you, working in the industry, have a good answer for.  Do rail viaducts/overpasses usually have ballast on them?  Maybe it will just take some getting used to, but the new viaducts in-game look a bit awkward.  I would think that, being off the ground, there is no need to lay ballast, since I understand its purpose is to keep the ties/sleepers from sinking into the ground or being overgrown.  Then again, I can imagine a ballast layer would be the easiest way to keep the rails flush.  But it looks weird to me in SC4.  What's the real-life verdict?

agunter999

Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin

Swordmaster

Stone and brick viaducts would usually have ballast as you see in agunter's pics. Wooden, steel, or concrete viaducts can go either way, depending on the construction methods (waybeams vs plates/tray basically). So the viaducts currently in the game wouldn't work well without ballast, but something like the HSRP viaduct and some of the rail bridges may.

Cheers
Willy

agunter999

That is the best way to do it, the nam viaducts should have ballast
Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin

Indiana Joe

Excellent, thanks for the info you two.  :thumbsup:

yann

hi all, I have an answer with respect to the colors of the ballast, the gray ballast is new and brown ballast is old, the brown color is due to oil, diesel etc. But I have a question, where can I download the RAM?