• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your entire cities

Started by kevinaj, August 17, 2009, 09:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

louistsw

A half of this are incomplete :P

& Full size here
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

soulchaser

Do you have a wall around your entire city?????

reminds me to aeon flux

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

louistsw

Yes. :P
But the city wall is a remains now and do not seal the inner city anymore.
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

MCO1254

Nice work Louistsw, very impressive city.

Here is a smaller town of mine, only about 33,000 inhabitants in Daneville.

cammo2003

MCO, that's a great pic. Great use of the NAM curves too. they really help break the monotony.

io_bg

Downtown Manhattan in the early 30s

You can find more in my MD :)

Evillions8

Just a small one, larger and modern ones found at my MD.  :)

io_bg

Terring7

This is an attempt to make a city that's both an autonomous town and a district of a bigger metropolis. The idea is to make cities act like cells that all together form a bigger body, without losing their individuality. Districts with their own personality, separating each other by small green belts, but working all together at the same time. Something like a hive mind, but without the loss of personality. Here is one of my cities.

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

CasperVg

Not quite an entire city, but as close as I can get on a large tile without resorting to mosaics :P

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

kbieniu7

Nice smooth highway ramps! Looking nice in the landscape :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Terring7

Yet another one city-district.

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

N1_2888

Quote from: Terring7 on July 06, 2019, 04:55:15 AM
This is an attempt to make a city that's both an autonomous town and a district of a bigger metropolis. [...]
--- pic ---
Well, I hope, that huge skyscraper won't bring your city tile out of balance. $%Grinno$%
_____

Lutetia Nova Sinistra (2016; population: 92.252) and Lutetia Nova Dextra (2020; population: 90.092):

(Click to enlarge!)

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

mrbisonm

Doomdon City, 4.2 million and growing, has a little of everything.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

thingfishs

My kind of region!
I aim for something like this but am yet to have the patience to quite pull it off.
I am yet to layout a modular, realistically sized airport for example (fear of additional menu clutter) - but seeing yours looking great there on the island is motivation (at least I assume it's an airport?).
Nice work.

mrbisonm

Quote from: thingfishs on March 04, 2020, 05:26:13 PM
(at least I assume it's an airport?).

Motivation?......Just start it. It took me almost 2 years to get to this point (on and off),  and I'm not finished yet at all, as you can see mostly on the oleft side of the region, where the Res is still under construction. I yet have to figure out how to find jobs for them without creating too much Ind and Com in the same area.
Here included you'll find a clickable full-sized version of the region, it will show more details and confirm that it IS an international airport.

Use the lower link (safe) to download the fullsized picture (2500x1250)

https://www39.zippyshare.com/v/tF9O6Chv/file.html
......and click twice on the picture to see the Monster size of my region.

Fred

EDIT:  About the plugin problem. There's way to make life a whole lot easier, I have been playing the game like this since 2005 and it works fantastically well, no matter what computer or how many files.
Example, this region above, I use about 17 Gb's of files without blocking the game, slowing it nor having problems finding the files in my chart. And it's not my biggest region, since I have a 12 million pop region where I use 27 Gb's without any problems of any kind. Yap 27 Gb's.
Can't believe it, well......you don't know how to play the game properly with all these files.
It will take a lot of preparation and organization though, might take a day or two to do so. But it will be worth it.

To well explain this will take a few hours (at least a day), which I don't have at the moment. But here is what I am ready to do. If I get enough demands until mid April to write a tutorial about this subject[/b][/color], I will gladly do so, incl pics and charts.
Wouldn't you like to play a regionwith 250,000 files+ with a normal computer like mine (2007 regular sized model and win xp), find all the files, at Rush Hour time with full details on (I don't use waves nor clouds though)???

I do. ;)

Fred

YouBet

Howdy.

Like your region shot -- some great diversity.

I'm also very interested in how you can play with so many plugins: Would greatly appreciate it if you could assemble a tutorial.

Thanks.

thingfishs

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 05, 2020, 07:53:37 AM

Motivation?......Just start it.

Thanks Uncle Pete! (Don't worry, obscure reference).

Fair call Fred - I am in the process of a major overhaul of my plugins etc. for exactly that purpose; essentially I have started. However, it does feel a bit like deja vu - I have been at this stage on, shall we say, more than one occasion... It does help though to see what you and others have created - and I have gained fresh insight from reading stuff here and at ST. Plus I'm in a better and more stable place in my life and so that helps... ;)

Now I already knew you had a large plugin folder, but 27Gb in just insane!! I struggle with ~5Gb of plugins... Not so much with computing power, more the menus. When I recently played vanilla for half an hour it was a real joy to be able to move so freely through and around the menus, so different from my normal setup (but I could never go back to vanilla). DAMN hasn't worked for me, but I'm assuming you're not getting at that. The only way I can figure to do it, and something I had committed to trying recently, is to remove the lots from your plugin folder after you've built whatever it is (esp. for the big and seldom built areas like airports, golf courses etc). But clearly, based upon your estimate how long it would take to convey your approach, there must be more to it than this.

In short, any advice that minimises delay from gameplay, whether in loading times, or in menu scrolling or whatever else - is very much of interest.
It does sound like a mission though and if you can't do it as you would like, I would still appreciate the dot points.

Cheers,
Ryan.

P.S. plus there's that app, that I've never used, that automatically loads different plugins for different cities and/or regions - could that be involved? You have got me thinking... *walks away shaking head* "27Gb! Well I'll be damned..."

mrbisonm

I started writing the tut yesterday, maybe I'll have it next week ready.
It is not the DAMN nor that automatic Pluginchanging system. It is based on what you use and when you use it, a simple way to enjoy the game better. I will get to this in details.

I am using this "Playstyle" since the Lot Editor came out, realizing that the Plugin folder one day be full and slow the gameplay.

It is a little difficult to create in the beginning, but once done, it doesn't seem to have a limit. I am adding new Lots almost every week.

Fred

EDIT: btw, where should I post my Tut about Plugins handling?