• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LEXDVD Police Car Mod

Started by jerel2k9, July 17, 2012, 04:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerel2k9

Does anyone know which police car mods the lexdvd is using.    It appears that the automata has been modded but not the vehicles at the police station which are the default maxis police cars.  I wanted to use one of the police car mods by SIMFANATIK but when I install one it does not work.  Any ideas?   Many thanks.

catty

Hi jerel2k9

Sorry we can't help we need more details from you as there are over a dozen different police stations all with different creators and dependencies on the LEX and DVD, some may allow different police car mods but without knowing which police station you are using we can't help.

%confuso

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

jerel2k9

Actually, I'm seeing the original Maxis cars at the Maxis deluxe police station (not the one with the helo).  Do you think other police stations on the LEXDVD could cause a conflict with the cars?

If so, I could probably do a search on the plug-ins folder and remove each police station until I find the offending one.   Do you that is worth a try?

Thank you for replying.

catty

No I don't think that's your problem, can you try putting your police car mod in a zz folder so it loads last and see what happens
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

jmyers2043

Quote from: jerel2k9 on July 17, 2012, 04:34:23 PM
Does anyone know which police car mods the lexdvd is using.   

There is no police car mod on the LEX DVD. At least none that i know of. I looked at the SimGoober and Matt325 police stations on the DVD and didn't see any evidence of a vehicle mod.

The deluxe police station you refer to may use props on the lots. This would be different than a spawning vehicle.

Quote from: jerel2k9 on July 17, 2012, 07:40:10 PM
Do you think other police stations on the LEXDVD could cause a conflict with the cars?

The answer would be no.

If I understand your question, you are referring to vehicle's that are spawned, as you referenced automa. From what I gather, a vehicle that is spawned has a unique ID. For argument, 0x000D1111. A police station needs to have that ID number as one of the occupant groups to spawn that vehicle.

A police car replacement mod will have the same ID, 0x000D1111. It loads after the Maxis police car and the new model is seen in the game instead of the maxis version.

The DVD police station is merely requesting that 0x000D1111 is to be spawned. I'm not certain that the SimGoober or Matt325 lots actually do that. I'd have to dig deeper. But if they did, I think that they only care about 0x000D111 and care less what the actual model is.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

jerel2k9

Quote from: catty on July 17, 2012, 07:48:11 PM

No I don't think that's your problem, can you try putting your police car mod in a zz folder so it loads last and see what happens

I put the mod in a folder beginning with zz and it works!  I'm still curious about the offending mod though.  Many thanks for that suggestion.

catty

Quote from: jerel2k9 on July 18, 2012, 07:16:10 PM
...I'm still curious about the offending mod though.  Many thanks for that suggestion.

No idea, my best guess is you have a plugin that is selecting the maxis cars, which is why I suggested you have the police car mod load last and overwrite it.

Glad its sorted   :thumbsup:

-catty

jmyers2043

Quote from: jerel2k9 on July 18, 2012, 07:16:10 PM
....  I'm still curious about the offending mod though.  .....

Nerdly Dude is the best person to ask. He has a thread here. There may be a list of police car mods somewhere.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4904.msg155448#msg155448

Good Luck

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)