• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

So, now that we have a new page.

Thanks guys for the comments! Much appreciated.

RickD - yes i can! You just have to lay down the bridge first, and then the railroad.

Some more words about this little project.

So as you know, places are going to be interesting places between Hiroshima and Fukushima. The Shinkansen trip is 1000Km long and get through the big cities of Kobe, Osaka, Nagoya and Tokyo. Updates will be each one closer to Fukushima. I already have three more updates ready, one just need a little developments ( Lake Hamana ) one need a custom Shinkansen station ( that thing is uge, 5x25tiles --- Shin-Kobe) and one just need the pictures to be taken.

In the mean time, I'm still working on the two other regions, Fukushima is growing well, and Hiroshima is being remodeled all over again. The last setup was horrible (in my opinion) and I was really not satisfied with it. (Speaking about landscape and networks)

Today we will take a look at a small village named Taishi, located between mountain and river.

A mosaic showing a part of the village, the Shinkansen viaduct as well as the sports fields on a river's island.

The town park and school.For College and high School/University, they have to move to the closest big city.

The train Station will be soon renovated, as this old building is falling down pieces by pieces.

A closer look at the shops in front of the train station.

Our Shinkansen passing by the fields and the houses.

Our Shinkansen and the river beds. People like to take a ride or a walk on the river beds.

That's all for today!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Nice work on the river and railways there! Wonderful new images. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nanami

Awesome work! I always wonder how everyone made the grass using MMP like one near the river...

Shark7

I find myself really liking your baseball/soccer park with all the cherry trees.   :thumbsup:

noahclem

Wonderfully Japanese mosaics and pictures once again  &apls  I'm inspired to give HSR a try when I view your cities since you make it look so good. BTW, is your Shinkhensen HSR-based or el-rail-based? Can't wait to see the promised updates and future projects  :thumbsup:

art128

Quote from: 976 on July 16, 2012, 08:59:02 AM
Awesome work! I always wonder how everyone made the grass using MMP like one near the river...

Mine is quite easy to do. usualy the ground (where the habitations are) is 15m high, and the river banks just as the high of the river, so i can still place trees.
Then after than I just draw the paths using Chrisadams' paths (the gravel paths does the work perfectly).  The grass is a mixture of Chrisadams' Green Grass and Girafe's Cattails (the evergreen version).
I usually add some bushes and trees after while.
if you want, and if you find it useful,  I can try to make a quick tutorial about that.

Quote from: noahclem on July 16, 2012, 11:33:07 AM
I'm inspired to give HSR a try when I view your cities since you make it look so good. BTW, is your Shinkhensen HSR-based or el-rail-based?

HSR is definitely  a good addition to try! With the correct mods it gives a good look of a modern high speed rail train. Not too modern though, as I don't like Sci-fi things. (and the basic look of the HSRP is a little too Sci-fi in my opinion.)

The only thing that bugs me is the lack of proper sized HSR stations.
Lets see for reference different High Speed Train around the world. A single TGV ( ten cars and two engines) is 240~ meters long. A double one ( they usually come double) is 480meters long. The Japanese Shinkansen is 400 meters long (Fourteen cars and two engines).
Taking these lengths into account, that makes a stations at least 480m long for the TGV. A SC4 tile is 16*16m (if i remember correctly).. 480/16=30. A normal sized HSR station should be 30 stations tiles in the game. Quite long eh? well definitely better than the tiny 4~10 tiles one. i'm working on Shin-Kobe station (Shin- stands for new, and not SHINkansen) for one of the next updates. It'll be 25tiles long.

Ehm, ah yes, your question. I was about to forget it.  :P
My Shinkansen is Monorail based. it looks that way thanks to Moonlinght's  新幹線MOD. ( scroll down until you find 新幹線MOD) It's a great mod. It gives a really good look to the monorail.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

Ol.S / Benoit

Great work on the last updates Arthur ! :)
I tend to agree with you for the size of the stations, and this is also the case for most of them, even if they are not designed for the HSR.  Anyway, I'm sure you'll be able to do something nice about that !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

noahclem

Thanks for the link  :thumbsup:  It's a shame it modifies monorail instead of modifying HSR itself because I really like the wider turns in the HSR mod, even though I don't like the textures themselves. I'm giving the mod a try now in any case.

I agree more realistically-sized stations would be great to have. Scale is so commonly a problem in this game  &mmm  I look forward to seeing how your new station turns out!

EDIT: Congrats on your MD going "Triple-Classic"  :party: &dance

art128

Good evening everybody.

I have a sad news.

At the moment I am writing from my mom's notebook.
Earlier this evening my hard drive crashed. Making me lost all everything. Yes, you heard well, I've lost everything that was on my Hard Drive. From my Animes to my plugins. Yes I have lost everything. I have nothing left.. nothing.

So, well.. yeah.. I's sad to say, and as I am currently writing I'm almost crying.. But I'm afraid I'll have to put on hold Simcity for some time, until I can buy a new Hard Drive and a new Windows Disk. And unfortunately, this will not come soon. As I have no money right now. And my mother will not be able to help. With my dad dying of its cancer at the hospital and the money we will have to use for that and all I'm not counting on before Christmas for a new Hard drive.

It's incredible.. Each time I have things to show things like this happens. Seems like I am one extremely unlucky guy.

But I'll continue to come on SC4D but I'll not be able to post updates.

So.. yeah, see you guys.. And I'm sorry.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

NOOOOOOOO   
:'(
&cry2  Nooooooooo...

:(   *schniff-schniff-schniff* 

*hug*

*give-you-my-plugins-and-animes*  &ops

cmdp123789

Dude... you are sorry? dad in the hospital an you feel bad for not playing simcity and showing updates?? dude Im feeling sorry for you... I didnt comment a lot in here.. in fact I think I did it once... BUT trust me... Ive seen every update... and it is sad that it wont continue.. but hey... dont worry... we enjoyed the ride... and GOOD LUCK with your real life things  :thumbsup:

noahclem

I'm really sorry to hear that Arthur  ()sad()  I hope things get better soon and will of course look forward to you continuing here once you get a new had drive. Take care.

metarvo

:(  I'm terribly sorry, Arthur.  You must have already been having a bad time with your dad being in the hospital, and then your HD crashes on top of that! ()sad()  RL hasn't been nice to you, but I'm hoping for things to get better.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

io_bg

Oh this is some really sad news indeed :( Isn't there a way to recover at least parts of that HDD? I was able to recover some of my things from my previous HDD which crashed a couple of years ago, so I think you should try that. And I'm praying for your dad. Let's hope they'll be able to cure him!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Uzil

Very sad news, I know what it is to loose its data, trust me.
I hope the situation will get better for you.

Nanami

Thanks for the tutorial! it's pretty useful...

and sad to hear that you have hd crash... just like what happened to me back in early 2011.. I lost plugins and restarted the city again.
hope you back soon!

art128

Okay.. I'll try to do something now.

If it works. I'll re start my Hiroshima region, just as I planned.

If it doesn't work. Well.. I'll wait untill I have a new hard drive, and will continue to use this old laptop for the time being.

I'll not cross my fingers, it never worked for me.

Some precision about my dad.

Some months ago the doctor discovered he has a Lung cancer. He started the Chimio therapy right away one time each three weeks. Everything was fine then. More or less a month ago, he finished the chimio. But in a lapse time of two days, he collapsed two time. At the hospital they said it was normal once the chimio is finished.. Okay.  But the last time they keept him at the hospital for some exams just in case, and it appears that the Chimio therapy failed and that his cancer is un-curable.
Now he is at the hospital in a almost vegetative state. He doesn't have all his mind, he is almost blind and he sleeps most of the time. He doesn't feel any pain because of the absurdly big doses of Painkillers they give him.
At the moment he/we are still waiting for a place in Palliative care for him. We don't know how many times left he has.

I'll tell you later in a new message if what I tried worked or not.

Props & Texture Catalog

Ol.S / Benoit

You and your family are having a hard time these months, life can be cruel and I hope you'll manage to make your way through this, hope you'll be able to find the balance you need... :)
Man's life is made with ups & downs, ups are easy to manage, downs are not... You will get lucky, be sure about that. :)

About the HDD,well that's annoying...
Do you still live in Paris ? I still live there half of the year, and have some HDD that I have no use off... If you can't fix it, I might be able to give you one. (But I will not be in Paris until the end of August...)
Also, did you try Montgallet in Paris (12°) ? Some guys there are pretty good at fixing dead computers... Just saying :)

Good luck with all that. See you. :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

kbieniu7

I wish I had time to look at your work, read and leave comments here before. Now I found a time to go through your thread and I read your last news. Don't care about HDD and sim city datas... It's just a game.
I'm very sorry about your dad, it's very sad to hear about such situations. Life creates sometimes very hard events. I pray for your father and your family, I hope it will get better and you will find some bright sides in the nearest future.

Take care
Kamil
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!