• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New heavy elevated rail viaducts

Started by ArkenbergeJoe, October 29, 2007, 10:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The railway viaducts are to have which texture?

grey natural rocks texture
45 (77.6%)
yellow brick texture
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: November 12, 2007, 09:05:48 AM

Andreas

Thanks. :) I should point out that ArkenbergeJoe did the transit modding, I only adjusted some other building stats and made the quick test run.
Andreas

vester

Wow that looks great Andreas.

It reminds me of an idea I had for an EL-station.

allan_kuan1992

Ahem...

Not to be the bringer of bad news, but the right side column looks terribly thin for a support column... :D

- Allan Kuan

Andreas

Well, that's a graphic glitch that is caused by the model. Unfortunately, this cannot be fixed without modifying the original gmax file, which only morifari could do.
Andreas

BigSlark

Andreas,

You and ArkenbergeJoe have made my day.

Cheers,
Kevin

bat

Looking great all the work on these viaducts! :thumbsup:

Diggis

Quote from: Andreas on November 18, 2007, 05:11:28 PM
Well, that's a graphic glitch that is caused by the model. Unfortunately, this cannot be fixed without modifying the original gmax file, which only morifari could do.

No I believe that is a new, thin, very very strong material called morifarium, which is only able to be used in those situations.  :P

Pat

^
Too Funnie diggis way too funnie lol.... Andreas and ArkenbergeJoe great job on this  :thumbsup: &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dragonshardz

quick addition to make:

if you ever un-installed the NAM and then re-install it, this mod seems to have no effect after re-installing it.

just thought i would throw that out there.

Andreas

Quote from: dragonshardz on December 05, 2007, 10:01:00 AM
if you ever un-installed the NAM and then re-install it, this mod seems to have no effect after re-installing it.

Well, the beta version that ArkenbergeJoe posted a while ago contains a modified NAM controller - so if you reinstall the NAM, it will change your installation back to the default NAM controller. I suggest to wait for the final version, which should be released soon. :)
Andreas

dragonshardz

yeah. dl'ing it agian fixes it though.

ArkenbergeJoe

Happy XMas

Here is the 3. Texture-Mod for the El-Rail

ATTENTION:!!!! "$Deal"$

The new Name for the Haevy-El-Rail is CITY-RAIL 

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Pat

Oooooh WOW that is sweet AbJ!!! Love the new name as well!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

I love how you captured a crash scene... they must have been soo amazed at the great work you have done

Its amazing thank you so very much

Joe

EDIT by Andreas: No need to quote images. ;)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Palpatine001

So it will be City Rail by name and City rail will be its use in Solaria.

With the extensive heavy rail network (as well as subway [see transit pic]) taking preference over GLR in Solaria for the rail based mass transit network this City Rail will go great in the Core with the amount of high density development

Those pics are examples of where the rail runs if you can see it

So I await the City Rail with great anticipation  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

cammo2003

Quote from: ArkenbergeJoe on December 14, 2007, 08:52:55 AM
Happy XMas

Here is the 3. Texture-Mod for the El-Rail

ATTENTION:!!!! "$Deal"$

The new Name for the Haevy-El-Rail is CITY-RAIL

Attention passengers! The train on platform 4 will be delayed by approximately 5 minutes *chorus of groans erupts on platform* CityRail apologises for any inconvenience caused.

:P

(sorry, the rail system here happens to be called CityRail (often nicknamed CitySnail and CityFail due to it's unreliability).

Tonksie

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes. Need i say anymore.

Krio

Shadow Assassin

Quote(sorry, the rail system here happens to be called CityRail (often nicknamed CitySnail and CityFail due to it's unreliability

And I know how bad it is. Every time I want to catch a train from one of the North Shore stations, they're always doing "track work".

Venting aside (well, there's more, but that's for another day), that looks great, ArkenbergeJoe!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!