• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Wow! Thank You!

Started by M4346, June 24, 2009, 04:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Hi everyone!

I am just popping in and posting to share my recent experience with the community.

I bought a new PC in February and was incredibly excited about the possibilities it offered, particularly in terms of playing SimCity 4, especially with my immense custom content collection. Hardly able to contain my excitement I hurriedly put my plugins folder on a DVD, installed SC4, RH and all the necessary updates on the new PC and was about to transfer my plugin folder to the new PC from the DVD when I realised that - after stupidly having deleted it on the old PC - it was corrupted (some error due to a file name being too long and then the programme didn't even bother adding anything after that, or something).

Excitement became despondence and I was so frustrated that I resorted to immerse myself in Red Alert 3, Age of Empires 3 and even Sims 2 after that, very sad about the loss of my custom content collection and the reality that I will have to download it all, it all again.

After taking out all my frustrations on RA3, AOEIII and Sims 2 I remembered the one other option: the LEX DVD!

I quickly contacted Barby, discussed the procedure, transferred the money, and waited about a month for it to arrive (due to excessive public holidays in April in South Africa and a decrepit postal service! It actually arrived in the country from France 10 days after it was posted). I, naturally, first checked out the awesome Petronas Twin Towers and JB's University of Clayhurst - really amazing - and then proceeded to install what I wanted (great installer!)

I managed to save my favourite regions (all NHP maps of course), and installed the latest NAM, CAM, the SDP and the AC Functional Airports, my favourite CP terrain mods and tree controllers and all of JBSimio, SimGoober, JMeyers, CSX, BLS, SFBT and the amazing custom content of so many contributors to this community.

That is where the "Wow! Thank You!" part started! I have never had this much fun playing SC4! Being on holiday I can barely wait to start another session of - as my boyfriend euphemistically calls it - being "constructive"!

So, I wanted to come back and thank everyone involved in creating, first of all, all the content that went on to the LEX DVD, but also those who created this incredible "tool". But moreover, I wanted to thank those mentioned above, especially for all the hours spent batting, lotting and modding (particularly Barby!) and the creators of the NAM, CAM, SDP and AC Functional Airports - these have provided me with hours and hours of fun! I can hardly contain my excitement when I see my seaports or airports upgrade, and get so excited when I see my first CAM lots grow!

In sum, I am loving it, and am so impressed, and so thoroughly grateful! I am also very thankful for this community and the 'forum' it provides for discussing our favourite PC game. Even though I haven't been around (yeah, I've been lurking in the shadows), it is such an amazing pool of knowledge and very recently helped me run SC4Terraformer and SC4Mapper on Vista (I installed the latest DirectX and moved my Documents folder, respectively, as suggested on this forum).

Thank all of you very much, for all your hardwork, but also for allowing me to share in it and for providing me with such a great source of entertainment and satisfaction. You all keep this game alive, even 5 years after its release.

Baie dankie! Thank you very much! Merci beaucoup! Danke schön! Kiitos! Tack! Gracias!

M

PS. If you don't have / use any of the above-mentioned content by any of the above-mentioned creators / people, you are seriously losing out! Go and get it, like, right now! Especially the LEX DVD! Made my life so much easier!

Please move / merge this to the appropriate place, if necessary
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Gringamuyloca

Quote from: M4346 on June 24, 2009, 04:20:35 AM
But moreover, I wanted to thank those mentioned above, especially for all the hours spent batting, lotting and modding (particularly Barby!) and the creators of the NAM, CAM, SDP and AC Functional Airports - these have provided me with hours and hours of fun! I can hardly contain my excitement when I see my seaports or airports upgrade, and get so excited when I see my first CAM lots grow!

In sum, I am loving it, and am so impressed, and so thoroughly grateful! I am also very thankful for this community and the 'forum' it provides for discussing our favourite PC game. Even though I haven't been around (yeah, I've been lurking in the shadows), it is such an amazing pool of knowledge and very recently helped me run SC4Terraformer and SC4Mapper on Vista (I installed the latest DirectX and moved my Documents folder, respectively, as suggested on this forum).

Thank all of you very much, for all your hardwork, but also for allowing me to share in it and for providing me with such a great source of entertainment and satisfaction. You all keep this game alive, even 5 years after its release.

Baie dankie! Thank you very much! Merci beaucoup! Danke schön! Kiitos! Tack! Gracias!

M

I must quote the above words of M4346!

I lurked for 5 years, became a registered member ( and avid downlowder) in May 2008, and an annual subscriber this month.

I am awed, amazed, shocked, intrigued and educated every time I visit this site. I think am slowly beginning to understand the definition of the word Devotion. It is absolutely amazing where clicking on a link can take me... the conversations at my finger tips : the knowledge that is openly dispensed, the thoughts and ideas being discussed, the artistry that is displayed, the real life that is shared. The time! My word! :o The time that is devoted, the skill sets that merge to bring 'pipe dreams' to fruition, the gathering of all people of earth, and to top it off...for all ages!

Whoever would have thunk it.... back in 1989..my first ever gaming system SNES and Sim City... would lead here...some 20 years later. &apls ()flower()

Again I echo M...  Wow! Thank You!
Tamara

Pat

Mauris welcome back man its great to see you found the love of SC4 again!!! If you need anything at all lemme know K!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie