• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How long do you play at one sitting?

Started by Masochist, November 11, 2006, 07:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameron1991

I play until the zoom crash bug sends me back to the desktop which can be anywhere from 5mins to 1hour

Fred_Ginger

Cameron1991, get the SC Data packer from the LEX, I use to have the same problem and believe me, the Data packer changed that!  Besides, the game loads so much faster and cities load faster too!  The Data packer is better than sliced bread!  &dance &dance &dance
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Diggis

For me about 1 1/2 hours on my hour long lunch break at work when I can. I'm rebuilding my Plugins so play is on hold at the moment.

FanG: Vicky and I were discussing a tool that would to some of that stuff you were asking for, in addition to telling us if we were missing dependencies.  We were going to get Wouanagaine to make it.  He seems to be able to do anything.

M4346

I play for quite a few hours, but it's not really "one sitting." As I am on my laptop for the most part of the day I have SC4 minimised so I just pop in whenever I have a chance. :P

Especially now, thanks to the DAT Packer!!  &hlp I LOVE it!  :thumbsup:

Okay, I can sometimes go to 3 /4 am. lol
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Shadow Assassin

It really depends on my mood. Since I do weekly updates at ST, I'd say I play a few hours every day. But when I go back to school, I won't have much time to play, lol, since I'm focusing on my studies.

To tell you the truth, I have trouble starting things, but I'm great at finishing them. ;)

Sometimes, I just spend hours modding one thing, then forget about it... :P
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

oyd

when i want to play i make sure i have enough time to put in the game so it can go from 1 and up to 4 hours of one sitting time.... (unless the game crashes and i dont have the patience to load it up again).....
but its not on a daily basis... maybe twice a week....
"Dear Prudence wont you come out and play..."

bwatterud

Aaaaaaargh!!!!  I keep hearing how great dat packer is, but I can't use it, cause I'm on a Mac!!!   :'(

Menotyou

I usually play for about a 1/2 hour at a time. But I do this several times a day.

DuskTrooper

*Cries* Uni, and RL have been taking me away from the game lately.  I still put in at least an hour on weekdays(I try to do only small projects; I like to finish what I start in one sitting), but the weekends are all mine! :satisfied:
SC4, forevermore!

Doc

If I can't give it an hour minimum, I don't bother to open the game. My sessions usually run from an hour and a half to many hours. My average would probably be about two and a half per sitting. If I have the time, I'll play every day. With a tight schedule, I still usually manage to get in at least four days a week. I do have the luxury of being able to set my own working hours, though, and that makes a big difference.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

M4346

With me starting Uni again on Wednesday (timetable in my CJ -> click!) I seriously have to cut back on my SC4 time again.  :'(
New Horizons Productions

Alek King of SC4

thanks to SC4 DAt packer i often find myself playing for 4+ hour sessions late into the night-crash free of course.

Frankie

i wanna say an hour or so..sometimes if a city is going slow i will leave and become interested in something else :P If I had more time to play i would though  ;D

Giligone

Does dreaming all day at work about how I'm going to play sim city when I get home count? lol. I used to be able to play sooo much longer than I do now. I guess life just went and got busy on me. I used to do 3-5 hour sessions where I'd just build and build and build. Add 200 000 people to my region.... Goood times. Since I started my CJ over on ST in october my play times have plumetted. I rarely play more than 2 hours. I figure this is due to 1) I'm becoming a perfectionist    2) I usually do only enough for my next CJ update and 3) I usually don't have enough time (ahhh RL  :angrymore:  ahaa j/k).

I guess I'm really lucky because my game never crashes   :satisfied: **knocks on wood** so I play as long as I can concentrate.  ;D

mrgscottc

I play about two hours a day during the weekdays.  On the weekend, if it is a lazy day, it can turn into an all day thing until, I break it off with SC4 to perform routine maintenance, i.e., conversation, dinner, Discovery Health, and shopping with my significant other. 

Cali

at most about 3-4 hours. especially when i'm terraforming or working on a layout for neighborhoods
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

dioangel

I'll pay it maybe for 1 or 3 hours depends if I'm not busy or tired aaaaand no one bothers me the whole day..  &Thk/(

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

thundercrack83

It depends on what I'm doing in the game, though it's never less than an hour. If I'm terraforming or something like that, it could be 4 or more hours. I built a harbor that I think I worked on for about seven straight hours, pausing only for necessary functions...And I still wasn't finished! All in all, I think the harbor took about three days to fainlly complete. As an insomniac who stays up until 6 AM on some nights, I have 3-6 (glorious) hours by myself to dedicate to playing after my girlfriend goes to sleep.

Swamper77

I don't play SC4 as much as I used to. I used to spend 12-16+ hours playing the game. Now, I've been spending more time modding it and creating additional content for it than actually playing it these days. So most of my time goes into modding and creating instead of playing. The fruits of my efforts can be seen in the BSC section ;)

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Citynut

Most of the time its about 15 to 20 mins to test out a new BAT - but most of the time I spend an average of 2 to 12 hours working new BAT's ;). But lately I have been bit by the play bug again so I'm finding myself playing about 4 to 6 hours at a time. Sometimes everyday : :D. The longest I ever played on one city was 25 hours then passed out at the keyboard and banged my head when I fell off the chair &ops
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again