• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How long do you play at one sitting?

Started by Masochist, November 11, 2006, 07:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masochist

I was wondering how long you guys play SimCity 4 in one sitting?  And I mean actually playing, the hour that it takes for the game to load doesn't count  ::) !  And actually, this doesn't have to be limited to just SC4, I'm also asking about BAT'ers...how long do you guys work on your projects  in one day?

I usually on average spend about an hour per sitting.  And 80% of the time, I won't do anything but look around my cities, or make minor changes to what's already been built (and I don't have any cities of any size that take a full map yet...).  Some days, however, when there's nothing to do, or when I'm in a SimCity mood, I can play for half the day...those are the good days!  :sunny:

So what about you?
(Under Construction)

bat

If I play Simcity 4, I will play it around 30 minutes. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
But sometimes I haven't any time for playing Simcity 4.

Edit: At the weekend or in holidays I play +/- 3 hours...

Take care!

TheTeaCat

On a daily basis about 2 hrs but when I play it can be any number of hours. The longest in one sitting was probably about   &drumm1 13 hrs to be honest. Shoulda saved that day  :'( so took a long time to redo that city. lol. Now that I got access to the net its even worse beccause Ifound all these sites and new stuff etc. have tried many other games but I allways end up playing SC4. Started with the first game when it was released and been loyal ever since.  ;D
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

NikNik

When I have time to play I play around 1,5 to 2 hours.
On the otherhand, sometimes I start a city and let it run for some hours while I am playing with the kids, doing groceries or cooking diner. Does that count as playing hours?

Average 2 hours. Max 3 times a week but most oftenonly once a week.

Started to play SC4 in August 2005. Started to play Rush Hour in December 2005.
Nik-Nik

Fukuda

About 15 to 30 minutes :P. I really don't play simcity, I only run simcity to test my creations, I play once
Back to europe ;D

shoreman905

::)Ok folks, here it the truth, I am retired from engineering, and after all SC4 is a lot of engineering, I also sorta miss building things, so I play way, way too much. I am sure I play three to four hours a day. I love it, I can't hurt the public if my designs fail and I don't really spend public money. I am a working photographer and have one client, a theatre across the Chesapeake Bay on Virginia's Eastern Shore, so when a production is under way, it cuts into my Simtime, but it is just as rewarding.

Alek King of SC4

i try and get in 1 or 2 good three hour sessions i can't stop at just one hour

pica

I don't have the time to play it every day :(
But when I play it is for 4 or 5 hours. And the next morning I hate it because I slept not enough.

Sometimes I play till 2 or 3 in the morning  ;D

TheTeaCat

2 0r 3 am   thats early for me.

once i start to play, it dosen't really matter what happens in real life,
I've seen major catastophies happen in the world
but whether my sims can get to work/school somehow seems more important ::)

so yes i play way too much ;D

kettle's boiling be right back ;D

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

emilin

1-2 hours of actual playing, often another hour just messing with the LE. And at least an hour just staring at the screen wondering how the heck to get rid of everything I don't like. It's most often the amount of staring time that decides the length of each session. If I can't figure out a decent solution I quit early.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jeronij

Well, this is not a bad question.... ::)

Lets make some history...1994...Suddenly Sim City 2000 appeared in the software shops in Spain...I opened the box at +/-20:00PM... I finished playing the next day at 06:50AM...time enough to go to work ( I started working at 07:00 AM in this period of my life  ;) )....so, let me count...the first meeting with this game took 11 hours....not that bad  &blush

Well, this was SC2000, but the same happened with SC3000 and SC4  ;D

Actually I have to quote Fukuda:
QuoteAbout 15 to 30 minutes . I really don't play simcity, I only run simcity to test my creations,

I dont spend much time playing at the moment, but when I play, I need at least two free hours in front of me just to start running the game. I like to play from 2 to 4 hours when I can.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

beskhu3epnm

I always have to have a big project on the go that I will likely never finish. I spend more time working on various maps and testing out wicked BATs than playing. That is, until I get the itch to play.

I can then drop between 4-8 hours consecutive (and at one time, I crashed the system for whatever reason and loast that much time off of my life) just on a few city tiles.

Therefore, it can be assumed that I am always dodging SC4, so that I don't spend all day on it. I find reasons not to play it!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

steVie

Depending on real life goings on, work and what not it's usually no less than 2-3 hours.  It's always one more zone  :P
Hi there..

Rayden

I play too much as well. 2 hours a day average, a bit more on weekends. Sometimes I make 5 to 6 hours sessions, dependind on what I'm doing on that moment. Sometimes I play until 3 or 4 in the morning, some other times, I play just as I wake up in the morning. It doesn't matter what time, whenever I feel on the mood. Once in a while I make a 2 or 3 days break to play another game, like last month, I made a 3 day break and played NFS:Carbon. It took me 3 days to finish the game, and get back to SC4  ;D

Colyn

Well this is interesting ... in my world I have to be online for around 18 hours a day ... my companies deal with clients in the cellular industry around the world and I have server clusters in 5 countries. So timezones are spanned in a big way.

So I have a dedicated SC4 machine that sits on my main desk and most of the time I will have it in SC4 as my day goes on ... playing and watching as I do my work. If I am not playing I am BATTING and same goes.

So from what I see here I think I am way too deep into this game ...  &hlp

Truth is that between my programming job and SC4 I rarely moved from my desk so my partner, my wife, my kids and my brothers virtually forced me back onto a bike and nowadays I tend to go for long trips when work slows down instead of playing SC4.

Someday I will post dome of my cities and regions.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

jacqulina

i play for about 3 hours per sitting depending on what else i have to do throughout the day, usually i am too busy to play for too long and not everyday.

Alfred.Jones

I usually only go on sc4 now to test my bats and lots. I used to play until it crashed or i got kicked off the computer, which ranged from 1 - 3+ hrs

Sim City 4 Devotion

sebes

I play like two or three times a week. One entire weekend day, the other weekend day only after I have "played houseman", and one midweek evening or so. As loading the game and region takes like half an hour for me, once it's loaded I will play for at least 2 or 3 hours. If it crashes in an evening I go to bed and cry  :'(  A serious RLS from MON-FRI is keeping me from playing more....
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jaronamo70

i play for about 1 hour after school and homework on regular weeks (freshman year's a drag ::) ) however, since i am on winter break, i play waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, mainly just to pass the days until christmas (gettin a 360!) :D

Yoder7652

minimum of 2 hours.....maximum of 4 or until my wife gives me a honey do list **"if you have time to play you have time to take out the garbage"** hehehehe