• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pop up to zone commercial offices

Started by BusyBee, July 30, 2019, 04:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusyBee

It keeps coming up. When I zone for it, it doesn't build. I looked through all my plugins and nothing that would prevent it from building. I have enough education safety etc too. What else would be wrong?? Tired of seeing that pop up, it's annoying lol.

Swingarm1032

I have been playing SimCity 4 for a long time. (Several years actually)

In the past I have noticed that Commercial Office Buildings don't start to appear till your city/region has reached a certain size - not sure what this actually is but for a while commercial zones will only build the "Services" type of building.

mgb204

Usually this message is just triggered by a very simple formula. I checked the scripts and the message "Sims Scout for Office Advantages" appears when either CO$$ or CO$$$ demand is greater than 600, but commercial offices have not been growing to fulfil such demand. As such, it's pretty easily triggered and doesn't necessarily indicate a big problem.

CO likes to develop in areas with low pollution and traffic. Placing mass transit stations also has a positive effect on CO growing nearby. Additionally CO responds well to the effects from placing plazas. Try checking the desirability map, you can filter just the CO types and check suitable areas to zone. Otherwise make existing zones more attractive by placing the appropriate YIMBY items.

If this doesn't seem a problem and you simply wanted the message to go away, it's possible to mod the trigger to a higher number than 600. Either using a reasonable number to decrease the frequency or you could use such a high number, the odds of ever seeing it would be pretty low.