• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Nice pics Arthur!  &apls  The second one is a perfect use of the lens flare  :thumbsup:

kelis

Nice village, looks very Japanese, we see the Japanese feel. Hamamastsu during the four seasons also looks good, but for me the best is during the autum. Great job amigo  :)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

A beautiful city in the change of seasons, little brother.  :satisfied: Constructive criticism: I miss a real snow-mod.  &mmm

art128

Hello folks, thanks for the warm comments.  :)

Badsim - Thanks! Actually, it's not necessary to keep it a secret, the traffic was made using two traffic generator at the top of the hill, and two at the bottom of the bridge's pillars. :)

Dedgren - Thanks David! Ahah, headed for the million page view, lets keep this honour for 3RR first, as I won't get it soon I think. :) :D

Dantes - Thanks Onii-chan! yeap I agree about a real snow mod. To be honest, I was too lazy to install one xD

Okay, today is a small update about a town at the north of the region. The town is called " Nagano " and is directly located next to a Highway and  Shinkansen line ( high Speed rail )... However, it's still the Series 0 that are used since 1985 on this line.

A mosaic showing the full town. You can see the sport field near the river.

In this shot, you can see how near the shinkansen line is from the town.

A candy shot of a Shinkansen on another line.

I hope you enjoyed this update!

-Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Looks good Arthur, great city and rails  &apls  The bottom Shinkansen is my favorite  :thumbsup:

nbvc

Dantes

High-tech country japan.  ()stsfd() HSR has earned it finally emerge in a Japanese MD.  :thumbsup:  I like how you used it.  :thumbsup:  A nice contrast between modern and historical.  &apls  &apls  &apls

Great work again little brother *hug*  :satisfied:

bat

Great area of your city!
And the shot of the train is looking really nice. :thumbsup:

apeguy

great update, I love the pic with the shinkansen. ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kbieniu7

I'm still in awe because of those forests  ;D
The previous part of shots - I love playing with the seasons. Winter doesn't seem to be very strong :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

skyscraper

sky's Sim City Venus - Project (Start: 2013)

Only on Sim City (2013)

Current Progress: Planning

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

art128

HI everyone! Thanks for the warm comments!

Kamil - Yeap, Winter is not really strong... I don't like to make very strong winter scene in Simcity for some reason, I prefer charming autumn ones. ;P

Alex - Actually there are one ore two Shinkansen on every picture! But I know you meant the last one, it's my favourite as well. I'll try to enter the Picture hall of fame with it later when the 5 pages rules has passed.

Onii-chan - Thanks for the comment! Actually I though about it really later when I uploaded the pictures, it's funny as I didn't even had any idea of that contrast when I took the pictures ingame. ahah. :D

As a lot of people liked the bottom Shinkansen picture ( here as well as on Simtropolis and ToutSimcities ) I'll enter the picture competition with it later ( I already did, but it was to fill a long gap when the competition was a bit of -- Oh, if you haven't yet voted, competed or anything, do it! It i worth it and it can give some great surprise, plus it's a very friendly and funny place! :) )

So moving on to the update. Today we are going to see a new part of a city I showed some pages ago -- page 62 to be precise -- , that town is nothing else than the Etajima island. yeap the island is a city itself.

So lets start the update with a tiny mosaic.

This mosaic shows a large part of the city, from the bridge and the hill to the railway.

A group of apartment flats.

The railway running though the entire city.

A close up of a commuter train coming or going to the major city, I don't remember well.

The telecommunication antenna overlooking the city from its hill called " Telegraph hill ". It is also the same hill as the bridge rapid road.

Now three shots to showcase the superb works of two Great BATers and MODers, Vester and Xannepan! You can find their own topic  Here is for Xannepan's BAT thread and Here is for Vester train showcase

Firstly, A big congrats to Xannepan for his Samaritaine BAT which nigh lights are among the best I've ever seen.

And Finally, a giant thanks goes to Vester for his kind patience and for accepting my request of a Japanese Commuter train skin. Thanks a lot my friend!

I hope you liked this update, I don't have any good ideas for the next one without falling in repetitiveness. So if you have any, any idea at all, even something challenging, feel free to post'em all !

-Arthur. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Great update! The Japanese train skin looks really nice indeed. However I'm not a big fan of all these one-level rail crossings, so here's an idea for the next update - elevating the rail running through the city ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

RickD

I like it very much. And yes, an elevated rail would look great there.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Dantes

*hug*  Otouto-chan, In your MD, it is really urban.  :satisfied: I'm really looking forward to more pictures.  :thumbsup: I like the big bridge and the beautiful forest. 
The second picture I like very much. You have a really beautiful Japan. The Miku Plaza is a fun idea.

:P

kbieniu7

Yes, elevating rail would be cool  ;)
I love your green (and yellow-orange  ::) ) hills, with tunnels, highways, highway bridges and some windy roads, which fit excellent to neighbouring buildings - the most characteristic point of your current MD.
A big plus for naming it "Telegraph hill" - the same name has a small mountain in Poland (near Kielce), also because of the telecommunication mast ;D
What is more, I think this footbridge over the crossroad is the worst thing for the pedestrain. I guess, that's the most congested and problematic point in the road network? :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Hmm, where to start here  %confuso

First, great update as always! I particularly like you're photos of the Samartaine which I recognize from Alex's bat thread. Also your commuter trains look great  :thumbsup:  Arne was nice to do those for you. I'm actually a bit jealous because you got a new train skin from him and Framly got one from Girafe in the same week  $%Grinno$%  :D

Anyway, it's great of you to do a nice tribute update for them.

Elevating that rail does sound like a nice plan but it's already been suggested more than once. What I would like to see here is a city with canals made of game water. Your water transparency is perfect for it and I'd love to see what you come up with  :thumbsup:

apeguy

Nice update, the train skin looks very nice. :)

Elevating the railway would be a good idea, how about making the next update about building the elevated rail, rather than just showing it in its completed state. ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy