• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Features and Extras

Started by Colyn, February 08, 2007, 03:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Well just checked my files. None of them had the add to download list.

Diggis

It only seems to be if you do a content creator search.  So Vester, if you checked yours by searching your name then the link probably won't be there.

It wasn't lots that I have downloaded, as I haven't downloaded for a while.  It was ones I was looking to download.

Colyn

Yep ... on the Main pages that "Add to Download List" will only available if you have "NEVER" downlloaded that lot ... I did that for old folks like me that sometimes forget what we already have ;) ... no need to add a thing to the Download List if it is already on the "Download History"  :P
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

pica

The LEX is getting better and better.  &apls

Can anybody say when the automatic dependancy download will be avaylable?
For me it will be very usefull. I'm always messing up the dependancies.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Colyn

Ok more updates ...

1. User Profile is now active and open. (With some goodies in there.)

2. Uploaders can now see the recent comments on their lots.

3. Admin can now see the RECENT comments on the LEX.

Have fun.
Come see CSX Play

vab423

Are these updates for uploaders/admins only?  What is user profile?

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

cammo2003

I just noticed more options in the category search, those are going to make things much easier!

A big round of applause for the little things like that.  &apls &apls &apls

One thing that might be a good idea is to have an option to reset your download history (would be handy for those of us who have *ahem* computers that like to crash (or for those of us who can't resist tinkering...

I just noticed there's no thumbs-up icon...

Colyn

User profiles are visible to uploaders only.

Resettin your HISTORY ... in my view if you should crash your PC ... you History list will be the fastest way to get all your stuff back ... jyst work it down ... we have no RESET features in place for this ... the history was originally designed for admin purposes and it turned out to have advantages for the users as well so it was sort of a spinoff.
Come see CSX Play

Colyn

The "My Files" and "Recent Comments" have been updated ... this is for UPLOADERS.

The LIST VIEW on pages has been fixed to show more items.

Please check you "Download History" ... a number of packages have been updated.

Thanks.
Come see CSX Play

JBSimio

Is it possible to edit or remove something from your download list without actually downloading it?  Like if you add to the list by mistake... or change your mind later... just curious.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Fred_Ginger

Re. the add to down list, I noticed that it showed on things I haven't downloaded for the first two items on the page but not the last item. (Did that make sense? - let me clarify, first row - list, list, no list, 2nd row - list, list, no list, 3rd row - list, list, no list.  It's not really a biggie, but a slight annoyance as I had to open them all to make sure I hadn't d/led already)
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Colyn

We will look at it Fred ...

JB that feature will come soon ... we had to develope such a feature for the Tripwired e-shop.

We also found a deeply hidden issue with editing images ... that will be fixed too.
Come see CSX Play

snorrelli

Just a quick question - will the "recently updated" sort feature be returning to the LEX or will those files be found in some different way from now on?

Also, I see that the "power search" option now available allows us to search according to three different categories of... categories... I've experimented around with it some and it seems powerful indeed, but I wonder if a simple keyword search feature would be possible. Not sure how the referencing and cross-referencing works for search options like this...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

SC4BOY

Primary Point:

Is it unreasonable, at least for the major people, to select the "creators" of the files.. for example I tried to do SOMY on the "power search" and he was not listed. I know I've seen things by SOMY on the LEX..

Secondary Point:
Since I can't search for it, is this lot on the CAM or the downloadables? To the best of my knowledge it is only known as "Condominium1". It may have other names.

If this is the wrong place for this, feel free to move it with my apologies.

BarbyW

The only names searchable are those who are registered and have uploads in their name. SOMY is not registered but we had his permission to upload his models as packs under the BSC name. Search for BSC and you will find the model packs.
Second point, neither of those lots have been used for CAM and have not been uploaded here.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

heitomat

This might be misplaced and a shot in the dark (last post on thread in 2007), but still:

Is it a "Log off"-button on the LEX..? Not that it's a life and death situation, just wondering.. I like to log off when I'm done, and so far I haven't spotted any..
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

BarbyW

No there is no Log Off button on the LEX. You are normally logged out when you leave unless you have a browser that stores the last page visited. I have to log in each time I visit.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Andreas

The login is stored in a cookie, so if you delete the cookie for the LEX, your browser won't log you in automatically when you visit the LEX the next time.
Andreas

heitomat

Thanks for the answers. It's really no big deal, I just wondered.. Still have to log on every time, though.
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

Stefan79

Hi,

because the LEX Wishlist thread is closed, I think this thread comes near to my request:
Would it be possible to add "Last Update" in the view list of LEX? It would be more
helpful instead of "Upload".

Thank you.
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions