• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo_su

Frank as "jdenm8" said before me, I found these great roundabouts in the German forum simforum.de and decided to share it with you. They are amazingly very similar to most roundabouts with the participation of trams here in Sofia. The only thing I can pray for now these guys to successfully complete their projects and to integrate them in the future NAM 31.

strucka

Hi!
I know this isn't the correct thread for this question/humble request, but it is the sole place on the community that represents trams and with that kind of also the other city mass transit on rail networks.
So my question is following: Is there a tram/elevated/subway depot lot that we could use? Don't get me wrong, I am aware of the 5x5 lot we have now, but real depots aren't this small are they not? No I mean bigger ones, real ones, lets say 10x7 tile lots and in two varieties, one with subway cars and one with trams. Now that would be awesome as hell.
Just an idea I had in mind, not for the NAM team but for a random LOT/BATer who would be prepared to do this.

threestooges

Quote from: strucka on November 28, 2012, 09:34:39 AM
Is there a tram/elevated/subway depot lot that we could use? Don't get me wrong, I am aware of the 5x5 lot we have now, but real depots aren't this small are they not? No I mean bigger ones, real ones, lets say 10x7 tile lots and in two varieties, one with subway cars and one with trams.
There are not any individual lots like that I'm aware of, however there are several separate lots which combine the features you are looking for. What you are able to do is place the several lots together and create a transit complex, one which can span as many tiles as you'd like, with more variety than a single lot would. There are a few modular parking lot sets out there too. Those, parking lots, paths, and park lots can all tie the system together. I think that would achieve the look you're going for.
-Matt

strucka

No, no, no...
Not cars as in automobiles, cars as in trains. Tram depot. I know there are some train depot pieces, containing freight and passenger locomotives and cars, but those are of course inapropriate for this.

If I misunderstood you, than a picture would be lovely! =D Thanks!

strucka

Another thing we lack of are the under/over passes between RHW and newer networks, which some are not even that new. GLR is one of those, and well of course T-RAM is one of the essentials of every larger city with trams. And therefore a big must do for NAM. This isn't the NWM place but there is no interchangability for that with T-RAM and very little with GLR.

What I wanted to say is. NAM is developing nicely, while RHW is developing furiously. As I know you guys won't put out anything not good enoguh for your very strict standards. I think it would be nice if RHW got a bit of a rest after this release and interchangeability got some more ''funds''. That way every thing would be really kickin' it in the kahuna's!
Cheers!

Tarkus

The RHW can already interface with GLR quite readily, as that functionality is already in place in RHW 5.0, and will be expanded further for P57, and GLR can interact with the NWM about as well as anything else can interact with the NWM (e.g. OxO setups).  The interaction between the RHW and NWM with Tram-in-X Dual Networking is admittedly a good bit more limited, and it is something we're looking to address at some point in the near future. 

There are some implementation considerations to work out, though.  With roughly 50 networks between the RHW and NWM, crossing 4 different Tram-in-X variants, in 4 different orientations, you're looking at several hundred crossings/overpasses, up into 1000-2000 if you start making elevated Tram-in-X setups (which have been discussed).  Obviously, the menu will (figuratively speaking) blow up, if you set them up as standard puzzle pieces.

As far as which projects get focus, it all depends on the interests and specialties of the members of the team who are active during a particular development cycle.

-Alex

jdenm8

Tram in Road and Tram in Avenue can cross GLR, there are puzzle pieces specifically for that, they just allow trams to leave the road and enter the GLR in addition to crossing the respective networks.

If you want Tram in Road to cross NWM, there will be puzzle pieces which will allow ElRail over Road to cross NWM networks, so I'd recommend that you switch to ElRail over Road through the intersection.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

cogeo

May I ask why there are no GLR/Ave and T-RAM crossings with mainline rail? Is there some technical restriction (eg automata jumping or what)?

jdenm8

Quote from: cogeo on December 02, 2012, 05:56:14 AM
Is there some technical restriction (eg automata jumping or what)?

It's perfectly doable, there's Rail Viaduct over Tram pieces I'm sure, but I think that the reasoning was that Mainline trains would realistically be elevated over tramways. There's kind of no arguing with the German modders who make the pieces on that point.

RogerRon91

Quote from: ivo_su on July 21, 2012, 11:43:00 AM
Look at what developments have for future versions of T-RAM. It looks very intriguing and beautiful, hopefully become a reality.

The round-about examples was created by me. The first example should demonstrate new options for the tram round-about in the city. An option which use some cities already. We have discuss the examples in the SFBT-Team.

The secound explame is a tram terminus. This example exist in Most and in Potsdam, Kirchsteigfeld.
Um well .... I know my English is enhanceable. =)

TEG24601

Quote from: jdenm8 on December 02, 2012, 07:02:29 AM
Quote from: cogeo on December 02, 2012, 05:56:14 AM
Is there some technical restriction (eg automata jumping or what)?

It's perfectly doable, there's Rail Viaduct over Tram pieces I'm sure, but I think that the reasoning was that Mainline trains would realistically be elevated over tramways. There's kind of no arguing with the German modders who make the pieces on that point.

While that may be true in some situations, there are a few places, where it isn't feasible, IRL to do so.  I know there is at least one instance in the Portland area.

Tarkus

There are quite a few places in the Portland area where the MAX or Portland Streetcar do cross over heavy rail lines, and a few places where they're parallel (and on the Steel Bridge, even stacked on one another), but to the best of my knowledge, there aren't any at-grade light rail/streetcar crossings with heavy rail, at least at present.  It's possible I might have missed one, though.

-Alex

Swordmaster

A very strange idea! Apparently, they exist, but I'm sure it's a hassle, especially when both networks are electrified. With two different catenary wires having to cross, that looks like overpasses are a simpler choice.

Cheers
Willy

ScottFTL

Quote from: Tarkus on December 02, 2012, 02:49:48 PM
...to the best of my knowledge, there aren't any at-grade light rail/streetcar crossings with heavy rail, at least at present.  It's possible I might have missed one, though.

There's one in Tampa, Florida.  The TECO Line Streetcar tracks cross the Amtrak line as it travels south out of Ybor City, as you can see HERE.

However, there's not a lot of traffic on this particular Amtrak line.  It's a spur that dead ends in Tampa.  In general, this sort of crossing is a no-no.

Durfsurn

Yes here in Melborune we do get the occasional spot like that!

jondor

Quote from: ScottFTL on December 03, 2012, 06:03:31 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on December 02, 2012, 02:49:48 PM
...to the best of my knowledge, there aren't any at-grade light rail/streetcar crossings with heavy rail, at least at present.  It's possible I might have missed one, though.

There's one in Tampa, Florida.  The TECO Line Streetcar tracks cross the Amtrak line as it travels south out of Ybor City, as you can see HERE.

However, there's not a lot of traffic on this particular Amtrak line.  It's a spur that dead ends in Tampa.  In general, this sort of crossing is a no-no.

It's also more than likely that there's a very complex signalling arrangement and most likely also a strict time separation between the streetcar traffic and the Amtrak traffic, or else the streetcars would have to meet FRA collision regulations.

That's one reason why Trimet's WES line here runs rather heavy DMUs instead of the lightweight Siemens and Bombadier stock that the MAX runs.  Since they run in tandem with heavy freight trains.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

chosenreject

I have a question about tram on road / tram in road. I swear i saw a post a while back talking about north american textures with the yellow lines in the road being available. I tried searching for it but i have not come across it, it may have been on the simtropolis board. I could definatly be mistaken, If no such mod exists it is no big deal, i love building with it just the same i just think it would match my existing roads better.

Also, a sort of unrelated question, as i know the name team does not create stations... i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a high capacity glr station that is not in avenue or road but can be placed next to a road. I have tried the LEX, SimPeg and the Stex thanks

jdenm8

The mod you're looking for should be able to be found at simtropolis.

As for the station, you're probably not going to find one with those characteristics.

Tarkus

As far as the textures, they're made by Moonraker0.  You can find them here.

-Alex

chosenreject

thanks again you guys are great. idk why i it was not coming up when i searched the stex