• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fukuda's NAM bridges do not show up

Started by markham22, August 10, 2007, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markham22

Hello.
I'm curious as to why fukuda's wonderful new NAM bridges don't appear in my bridge menus. I have his 3 or 4 bridges installed in the plugins\NAM\additional bridges folder. Any reason why they might not be appearing in the menus? I have jeronij's NAM bridges and they work no problem.
Any help would be appreciated.. ;D
Thanks...

markham22

How do I update the NAM Essential file. I have it istalled but am I supposed to update it myself?
Thanks

Sir Charles of Dunlap

Hi... I have tried several things to get additional bridges to work on my machines, but none have worked, does anyone have any suggestions? Here's what I have done so far: I reinstalled the newest NAM, and have reinstalled the essentials files a number of times. After I reinstalled the essentials for both bridges and add-ons the RHW quit working. I got that fixed but not sure how. So is there a trick to it I haven't done. Oh, almost forgot, I uninstalled the old files too.

-Charlie

ScottFTL

This may seem like a silly question, but did you install the bridges?  They are no longer included in the latest NAM.  You need the NAM Essentials, but there is also an installer for each and every bridge available on the LEX.

Sir Charles of Dunlap

lol Well, YES I did. But maybe I didn't install them properly, although sense you just click next accept next finish, or whatever it is I don't know how I could mess up. But it never hurts two double check, so what files should I have installed to have my bridges properly installed?

-Charlie

Diggis

When you say they don't show up in your menu, which menu are you looking for them in?  I haven't used them, but I would expect them to pop up in the drag bridges pop up.

vester

Some of Fukuda's bridges needs a long span to show up in the drag bridge pop up.

ScottFTL

Quote from: Sir Charles of Dunlap on August 12, 2007, 11:57:47 PM
lol Well, YES I did. But maybe I didn't install them properly, although sense you just click next accept next finish, or whatever it is I don't know how I could mess up. But it never hurts two double check, so what files should I have installed to have my bridges properly installed?

No, as long as you ran the installers, I think you are fine there.  You can see the bridge files under Network Addon Mod > Additional Bridges in your Plugins folder.  There should be a file for each bridge installed in this location.

I think Vester may be right, if your only problem is Fukuda's bridges.  You need to drag across a long span of the proper network type for some of them to appear in the bridge menu.  Do you have any other bridges installed that are working properly?

--Scott

jeronij

The old versions of Fukuda's bridges are not compatible with the latest NAM version. Make sure you download and install only the last NAM compatible bridges.

Btw, all the NAM June 07 plugins ( including bridges) are available at our LEX  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Sir Charles of Dunlap

Oh, well maybe that is why some don't work, I do have a bridge plugin from the old NAM and it works, but the others don't. I have taken it out and tried the others but they don't show up. Maybe some don't because I don't usually have huge things to span with bridges. I guess I could go to the LEX and redownload the bridges I have, but I don't like to get on the LEX. There is way to much good stuff there, and it really reminds me of how much I hate dial up, which just makes me mad that I have it, and my anger just grows and grows the longer I look at all the cool, make that awesome stuff on there.

-Charlie

jeronij

You can use the Power Search feature in the LEX to filter only the NAM files. You can add them to your download list there, you can even use Wuoanagaine's download manager to help you with this ungrateful task.... ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

simonut

Sorry to bump a pretty old thread, but I have the same problem with other bridges as well
How are you supposed to delete the Files in the NAM Essentials and reinstall them?
Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?
-Garth Nix, The Old Kingdom Trilogy

Come visit us over at 

SC4BOY

Quote from: simonut on December 02, 2007, 06:22:59 PM
Sorry to bump a pretty old thread, but I have the same problem with other bridges as well
How are you supposed to delete the Files in the NAM Essentials and reinstall them?

Just use the "uninstall" for the NAM and put it back in the way you want.. this is by far the safest way unless you know the in's and out's...

Jonathan

You don't have to delete or uninstall anything , just run the NAM essentials installer again and choose to update the Bridge controller.
Reinstall it without uninstalling it.

simonut

Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?
-Garth Nix, The Old Kingdom Trilogy

Come visit us over at