• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Sports Academy

Started by tooheys, April 26, 2008, 04:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

You have probably seen my cricket lot which is currently up for candidacy. One of the people who assisted me greatly with that lot was Diggis who put together the oval fence that surrounds the pitch.

Diggis is currently working on some synthetic pitches to create some alternate cricket lots.

Paroch has also some ideas regarding variations to existing sporting lot props, tennis courst etc, as well as some new sporting lots not previously seen in the game. 

The lots will be a joint effort between us NUTs and Diggis, who has offerred his skills to help us out with some prop creations. It's only fair he receives equal recognition.

We have set no time frame around this project, but will keep you informed of developments.

Perhaps the group could be called the "NUTty Kiwi"  ::)

xxdita

The team name seems a bit redundant.  :P

tooheys

hehe, it is stating the obvious I guess  $%Grinno$% Nope, I wipe those thoughts from my mind, Diggis is a valued member of the team, and I will try to set aside all inbred bigotries. Jeez I'm struggling already  ::)

RippleJet

Quote from: xxdita on April 26, 2008, 04:47:02 AM
The team name seems a bit redundant.  :P

Unless the "T" means "twentyeight" ::)

CasperVg

interesting project. good luck!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

tooheys

Hmmm, I don't believe I said that Diggis was a full member of the NUTs team  ???. This is a partnership between NUTs and Diggis to produce a series of lots with equal billing.

Now if when he turns 30, Diggis would like to join the team. we would be happy to consider.

PS: Sorry caspervg, missed you post. Thanks for the support.

xxdita

So still more than a year before he can be certifiably NUTs.

tooheys

No, he already is certifiably nuts, a year or more til he's officially NUTs  :D

Diggis

Gee thanks guys, I think...  &mmm

On that note, how's this look? Bear in mind this was a quicky knocked up for effect.  I'll sort out some wear and tear, and some variations soon.  This one is brand new.  ;)

I've got no lighting in there or anything so need to check that too. Then we'll see how green we get it.  I also need to do some with that very Naff lime green you get, plus some school ones with holes through to the concrete bedding.  :D

paroch

Shaun,

That looks good to me, nice job.  I think that the texture would also work well for the grass tennis court.

tooheys

Great start Shaun. Looking forward to the school ones.  :thumbsup:

By the way, is it possible to have some half pitches, you might recall my idea re the practice nets.

Dave

bat

Nice looking grass texture there!! :thumbsup:

Diggis

Quote from: tooheys on April 27, 2008, 02:31:23 AM
Great start Shaun. Looking forward to the school ones.  :thumbsup:

By the way, is it possible to have some half pitches, you might recall my idea re the practice nets.

Dave

Yeah, was thinking about those too.  I'm going to do up a few varieties, but now I have the basic size and layout done should be easy enough.  :thumbsup:

Pat

heheh uummm yea you lot are NUTs that is all I got to say about it lol  :D OK anywho Diggis that is looking real nice so far!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

Dave will probably kill me for doing this while he is asleep, but first draft at some quality cricket nets

I'm going to do it in pieces so that we can assemble as many as we need and so we can put people inside.  I haven't tested the scale in game yet though.

paroch

Oh yes, that is looking sweet.  Nice work Shaun.

I have no idea how you do that, but it is very detailed.

Diggis

Its 2 basic shapes with some stretching applied. And a material with mesh only to creat the netting. Very simple although thinking of a few other tricks to try.

paroch

One thing that would be VERY useful for the tennis courts we have in mind would be a wire mesh fence, similar to PEG's one already out there, except being modular so that it can be big enought to go around multiple courts.  Can you picture the municipal parks with two, three or four courts side by side with just one big fence round the whole thing.

Could the same theory for the cricket nets be applied to that?

Pat

Daaaaaaaaaang Diggis that is looking sweet and beside I really dont think that Dave is sleeping lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

Paroch, I don't see any reason why not. I'll do it in 4m segments with an 8m double piece too, and maybe a corner piece as they are always a pain to do right.

Do you need nets too? Or are the in game ones ok?