• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Diggis Contemplates BAT

Started by Diggis, June 23, 2008, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Thanks for all the kind words.  I've all but finished the basic pond set up. 

There are 11 lots:

1x1 water
2x2 water
1x1 straight bank
3x2 straight bank
1x1 inner corner
2x2 inner corner
1x1 outer corner
2x2 outer corner
1x1 bridge left
1x1 bridge right
1x1 bridge centre

Next up I plan to do the single tile streams for this.  I've made a start on them, but nothing serious yet as I figured finishing the ponds would be a better idea.  I've got a couple more pieces (4 I think) to render up and then talk to the goddess this week to fix a couple of issues with the query and I'm done.  I already had a great respect for those people (*cough* barby *cough*) who lot and mod the lots, but after trying to Mod these myself it's gone up 100 fold.

Joan: Well, you wanted to see them in game, what did you think? ;)

T1: Glad you like it.  My first attempt at niteliting.  I guess having a father for an electrician paid off.  :D

Zaphod: Yes, I had considered that.  You could add them in the LE, but they would have to be raised 1m.  Not a big issue as long as you keep them by the centre.  I know a guy who has some people in inner tubes I might try and steal.  At the rate I'm going a good portion of this work will actually be chris's.  :D

Speaking of which, does anyone know of a good fishing boat model?  I'm not really after a prop, but the actual gmax or max model to render with the water.

Jmouse

I like! :thumbsup: Looking forward to working with them some more.

JmS

Alfred.Jones

Looking forward to them

They are looking great

Sim City 4 Devotion

kimcar

Hey mate i`m happy that you got talent for batting. And you are a great batter. &apls &apls &apls Very nice set and i just can`t wait to use it ;Keep it up

WillG_75

Hey Diggis, these pond and river pieces look great :) I have 2 questions though: Do you plan on releasing a set without trees? These would look great going through a city center or urban renewal area. And have you ever thought about making a piece for diagonal bridges? Lol I always run into that problem when using river and pond sets. Anyway the set really looks good, can't wait until it's released :thumbsup:

Diggis

Thank you all for your comments.  The first set have been uploaded for beta testing and I hope to have them available soon.

Will, I agree they would look good there.  You could remove the trees pretty easily if you wanted.  I hadn't thought of doing a set without the trees but if I get the chance I will do one up.  It's not really that much more effort I don't think.

I also will do diagonal bridges, I have the same problem you to.  :D  Once I have the stream set done I will start on some extras sets, one of which will include a variety of bridges.

MAS71

Hi Diggis san!  :)

At first, I'd think that want to make any LOTs of JRP which connected with your ponds(water). :)
so I got your Pond from PV-Lex and tried to plop test with my JRP's in a game. ;)
I was surprised that they are not have a big difference with both !!  :o
I am very glad of this chance result !! :D

Do you understand which LOT is yours quickly ??  Do you feel big sense of incongruity with them ?? ;D

and I have a suggestion about a 2x2 Water Lot. "$Deal"$
Now, Lot size is 2x2 you already made it.
Would you change a Lot-Size to 1x1 ??  ;)

I believe that various possibility spreads by doing so it.  ;)
(It would use for just like any Ploppablewater as well)

Thank you for reading Diggis san. :)
I'm looking forward to upload on a LEX !!

-Mas'71

Diggis

That is great news indead Mas San.  I used the texture from Lee for mine, but am very glad they match.  I do intend to do a 3x3 overhanging piece, alond with some 3x1 pieces on a 1x1 lot too.  These may make it into the pack before release as I've decided to do the streams and release at the same time.

MAS71

QuoteI do intend to do a 3x3 overhanging piece
Oh! I see. It's good Diggis san.  :thumbsup:
My suggestion was a little of extra meddlesome.  :P

I want to look and use early your these beatiful ponds with streams and some extra sets !!  :)
Thank you again Diggis san and good luck for your beatiful ponds set !!

FrankU

Diggis,

I just found this thread today.
This is a great accomplishment upto now.

But of course, my wishes are different again.
I would like to have these canals with green borders. Just like the canals we have here in the Netherlands; usually the grass grows into the water, with some reeds, cattails and grasses. Would that be possible?

It might be handy to make the lots with not too much flora on it, but with the possibility to add these with Chris' ploppable stuff. So: lots on which you can plop. Not like PEG's that do not allow to plop things on.

Please? ()flower()

And, P.S. by the way, what are Lee's canals? Is he retexturing Cal's already almost perfect retexturing of Simgoober's beautiful canals? Do you mean that I have to plop all the canals for the second time???? Please don't! :'(

Diggis

Frank, Lee is Cal.  :D

These are like Pegs ponds in behaviour.  However I will do some overhanging ones which will allow some stuff to be plopped on them, Hopefully.

I plan to do a set with grass and a set with sandy banks, as thats easy now I have the base set done.  It's just a case of changing the base textures.

bat

Great work there on this stuff, Diggis! Looks wonderful! :thumbsup:

callagrafx

Quote from: Diggis on August 06, 2008, 07:05:52 AM
Frank, Lee is Cal.  :D

And Cal is Lee.  and a cast of thousands  :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Pat

*in Dark Heart's voice from Ghostrider* We are Leeegion hehehe  ;D sorry I couldnt resist that one Lee...  OK Shaun you asked if I would take a crack here and so far what I noticed is on the streams I think for the curve there should be a placement arrow, cause dang it can be a pain to get these wonderful curves....

I have also noticed a wee bit of problem at this zoom level though, when looking at the pond area you can
see the grid even though the grid is off...

you can see it clearly ingame... I dont know if its a matter of limitation on my video card or what but I thought either way I should let you know....

but anyways here are a few more pics....

so that is what Ive been upto and even though I am not done yet with getting the shore line area done I thought at least show how its looking so far....  Shaun check your PM for a link to the rest of the pics....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Fantastic pictures there of this stuff, Pat! :thumbsup:

And looking forward to more progress here, Diggis! ;)

Simpson

Superb bats Diggis it's looking very good  &apls &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Diggis

Just a small update, sorry no pics.  I've finished up the stream sets, just need to get em tested.  I've also added a couple of overhanging pieces to the pond set so they need retesting.  I'll hopefully have these up early next week, if I get of my behind and sort them out.

tag_one

I'll try to look at your wonderful creations as soon as possible  :)

Diggis

Coming soon...

CabraBuitre

Looks good, can't wait to try them out!  How do they look next to Cal's canals?  I know the water is the same, but does the bank flow well too?  And how about next to PEG's river/pond set?

Also, (and I don't know how difficult this may be, so it might be out of the question) but any thought once this set is done of doing a similar set with SG's original texture?

Keep up the great work!!

Check out Abelfarei!