• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Hello F_G
this can olny happen if you click in the scrolling bar without being logged in. You can access the NAM using the Specials option in the upper main menu. It is actually not available at the LEX, but it maybe uploaded there soon. I hope this helps  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Colyn

For those that break the forums out of the wrapper ... there is a LEX link in the topbar of the forums too.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

mike_the_mayor

Hi, I made an account for the BSC, but even after successfully activating it, I cannot get it to work =(

I login at http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_login.php

But get an error on the next page:
You have entered invalid data !
The following seems incorrect ...
Problem with your login. Please login again.

mike_the_mayor

Quote from: mike_the_mayor on February 09, 2007, 01:14:11 PM
Hi, I made an account for the BSC, but even after successfully activating it, I cannot get it to work =(

I login at http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_login.php

But get an error on the next page:
You have entered invalid data !
The following seems incorrect ...
Problem with your login. Please login again.

Now it seems to be working?? Perhaps the site in the middle of being updated?

jeronij

Please Mike, post this request to the LEX support forum  ;) . Thanks
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Masochist

Hello!  Um...I have a quick question.  When I try and make a signature that uses exactly 300 characters, it gets rid of the last four and says I have four left.  For a long time, my signature said "Masochist's M".  I had to change it a bit, but I was wondering why it was doing that...does it have something to do with the url's?

<Edit> I decided to post my signature here to give a visual aid (minus the spaces in the brackets, of course):

: satisfied : [ size=10pt ][ b ]The Artist's Place,[ /b ] by Vandy[ /size ]

[ i ]Check out my threads -[ /i ]
[ url=http://sc4devotion.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=35&topic=190.0 ][ b ]El Arte de Palabras[ /b ][ /url ]
[ url=http://sc4devotion.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=35&topic=191.0 ][ b ]Masochist's Music

That's what I want...and if I put that in, it says that it's exactly 300 characters.  But it cuts off the "usic," so I took out ", by Vandy."  But I would like to put it back, so I'm just wondering if there's anything in particular that causes that, and whether it was a fixable thing...
(Under Construction)

jeronij

Counting the spaces, the signature is 302 characters....anyway, I have increased the maximum to 400 characters from now on. ( and edited your sig  ;) )

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Colyn

400 ... wow you are a generous webmaster  :P
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Masochist

(Under Construction)

Doc

I have a posting problem that I don't understand. Whenever I use one of the alternative typefaces by clicking the symbol (Bold, Italic, etc) I'll use "bold" here in the example to describe it, though it happens with all of them. The bold type will start, but then when I click again when I'm done to go back to normal type, the bold continues. When I look at the post before I send it, I see that the words are between the bracketed "B"s as they should be. But when the message gets posted, it's like the end "B" isn't having any effect. I know this has got to be a pain for anyone reading, so I've just eliminated any alternative type until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

As an example, I'll start doing bold type Here and I'll stop here. Now even though I see the four words between the "B"s, I'll bet the entire remainder of my post will be in bold. What am I doing wrong? Thanx.

EDIT: Yeah, it did it! HELP!!!

EDIT by Colyn ...

As an example, I'll start doing bold type Here and I'll stop here. Now even though I see the four words between the "B"s, I'll bet the entire remainder of my post will be in bold. What am I doing wrong? Thanx.

When you want to style you must be carefull because the highlighted are sometimes will jump ... so I want this in ITALICS ... and this UNDRELINED. It is done by first completing your typing and then apply it section by section ... make sure you dont let the highlight goes across tags and miss either starting tags or closing tags.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

Colyn

If you edit the post above you will see you have two sets of [ b ] tags and two sets of [ / b ] but look where they sit ... I suspectt it is you that are clicking to start BOLD and click to stop bold ...
Come see CSX Play

vester

In the Quick Reply, when something is marked and the link bottoms is pressed, this is what I get (where test what was marked):
[_url=http://test[_/url] (added the two _ to get it to show)
As you see the first end bracket is missing. I would love for the 'http://' to me gone too.

jeronij

vester, there is a mod installed which opens a popup window to allow the user to easily enter a text and a URL to create a link, when you use the standard reply option.
You have explained very well the drawback when it comes to use the quick reply window. Some PHP code must be changed to fix that. A note for the PHP master  ::)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

dedgren

QuoteI have increased the [sig] maximum to 400 characters from now on.

Whew!  Another whole 100 characters.

Don't spend it all in one place, folks!

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Doc

Crystal Clear, Colyn. Yeah, that's what I was doing, clicking to start and stop. Thanx for the edit example. I see how it works now.

Appreciate it!
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

Ct_sanderson

Hi.I have a one small problems:I send a register on the LEX,but the email is not passed to me.What are me doing?I register of one week(complete tomorrow) adn the email is not in my entering box.What i can do?

callagrafx

You're not showing up in the user list, so I would say your registration never got through...try and re-register...the email should come through very quickly, but remember to check to see if your mail system has filtered it as junk mail.  If you get no email, post in this forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=232.0 and either Colyn, Barby or myself will activate you.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Ct_sanderson

Gradonacelnik

Not sure what I am doing wrong but in the profile setup I cannot get the option to hide my e-mail address to make changes.

I have saved the profile with it checked and not checked and rinsed and repeated the whole thing again and I still have my e-mail showing up on my old posts.