• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanantonio

In the gallery section, City is missing a "y" and the placeholder text is still in the box below that.  Nitpicking, I know, but you have a great site here. Also, is it possible for other members to create galleries? I saw that there is only one (with 9 albums), but could not find a link to create a new one.

jeronij

sanantonio, the thing is that I have the galleries a bit abandoned... :-[
I have some plans for them but in a medium/long term. In the meantime they are a simple pictures depot, where I started uploading Sculpting Columbia River.
The members can not create galleries at the moment. Give me some months, and or they will be removed, or they will be in active use  ;) $%Grinno$%
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vab423

Some, but not all, pictures do not show up for me, instead I get a white box with a red X through it.  Typically, this is because there is an issue with the site hosting the pictures being unavailable.  However, it's not consistent and it's not always the same pictures or the same messages.  As an example, in Badsim's mayor diary, I can see the first picture and I would assume all the pictures are hosted at the same site.  But because no one else seems to be saying anything, I'm wondering if it's just me. 

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

jeronij

vab423, which browser are you using ?¿. I use IE but I never had these issues so far. Maybe you are using Mozilla FF ?¿
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Fred_Ginger

Quote from: vab423 on January 25, 2007, 10:33:49 AM
Some, but not all, pictures do not show up for me, instead I get a white box with a red X through it.  Typically, this is because there is an issue with the site hosting the pictures being unavailable.  However, it's not consistent and it's not always the same pictures or the same messages.  As an example, in Badsim's mayor diary, I can see the first picture and I would assume all the pictures are hosted at the same site.  But because no one else seems to be saying anything, I'm wondering if it's just me. 

I have to wait for a really long time for the pictures to load, if I don't wait and start scrolling I get the boxes.  Are you waiting long enough Vicki? ::)
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

vab423

Quote from: Fred_Ginger on January 25, 2007, 12:44:02 PM
I have to wait for a really long time for the pictures to load, if I don't wait and start scrolling I get the boxes.  Are you waiting long enough Vicki? ::)
Vic, you really don't know me well enough to know me as well as you do.   ;)

Jeronij, I'm using IE 6 and it's true what my friend FanG said.  I usually scroll down before the page fully loads.  I'll try exercising a little bit of patience and waiting to see if that makes a difference.  I will let you know.

edit:  Vic, you were right.  I guess my patience isn't quite fine-tuned.  Jeronij, as it turns out, the pictures don't show unless they all load first.  thanks !!

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

jeronij

Yes please. Keep me informed about these testings. Thanks in advance  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vab423

QuoteThe LEX link should be under your user menu, on the link column. There is not actually a link in the header, but it will come soon.
It's doing it again.  I logged in and there's no link. I even backspaced over the url that had defaulted to sc4devotion.com and typed in www.sc4devotion.com and still nothing.  Do you think it could be the result of logging in from someplace other than the home page?

edit: I just logged out and logged back in from the main page and the links are there.  If this is not a known issue, jeronij, will you please test it to see if my theory is correct?  thank you!

jeronij

vab, are you login from different computers some times ?¿

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vab423

Yes, Jeronij, I do use multiple computers.  But it seems to me that when I use the login link from the forums, like now, I do not see the user menus in the sidebar.  However, when I log out and then log in properly from the home page, then I see the menus.  (I'll test the next time I use a different computer, tho, because I'm not positive)

jeronij

Somtimes the forums show wrapped ( and you can see the left menu) and sometimes unwrapped ( you can not see the left menu). If this is the problem, then you should go to the home page (www.sc4devotion.com) and you should be able to see them. We are working in this issue, and we will fix this asap.
Actually you can access the LEX from the forums always using the link near your username at the top of the forums screen. I hope this helps until we can fix this issue.

I have tried to cause the missing pictures problem. With IE7 this does not happen, because the page does not show until it is loaded. So you have to be patient with some pages. And I can not reproduce the problem.
I have tried with FF last version, and with that browser, the page loads before the pics, but I can scroll down and the pics keep loading.  %confuso
Maybe it has something to see with the site where the pictures are hosted. If you can tell me an specific page here where that happens, I will keep searching.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

NikNik

Hi Jeronij,

I have just entered SC4D again and I do not see the links to LEX anymore. Is this because I installed MS Internet Explorer 7 yesterday?

Where is it?

NikNik

sebes

NikNik,
it's on the left bar,under user menu.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jeronij

NikNik, clean your browser's cache, the site cookies, restart the browser and try again. We havent moved the LEX  $%Grinno$%
I hope this helps

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

sam

This sounds like the same problem I had a few days ago. The side bar was still present but the three links for "Upload a file", "User Profile" and "BSC LEX" were gone, ie only the user menu from the side bar but the rest of the bar was still there. This was occurring both in FF and IE.

Two screenshots are here if they will be of any use in solving the problem (they are of the same page at the same time, but one is scrolled further down than the other to show the whole sidebar:

LEX Link Problem View 1

LEX Link Problem View 2

I have it back now, but from the post above I think all that may have been required was to log out and back in again. Unfortunately in trying to fix it I installed two new versions of Firefox, and now have a lot more problems (and not just with sc4d) than I was originally trying to fix.  :'(

I wonder if FF has a downgrade available. &ops

Fred_Ginger

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this, but here goes...   Yesterday I was on the LEX and D/Led something then clicked on a link to D/L a dependency and it took me to a screen the said I wasn't authorized and had to login (which I would have done but there was no place to log in again).  I closed that window and looked for the file I needed manually but ...., well, you know, kinda a bummer if the links don't work right, especially for people like me who have short attention spans or bad memories (or both!)  In case you need the file it was Jeronij's lovely rural walls and I needed the dependency file, although for the life of I can't recall if it was the cool walls or the warm walls who's link I clicked on....
My name is Vicki
RIP my babies

jeronij

Quote from: Fred_Ginger on January 28, 2007, 01:04:16 PM
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this, but here goes...   Yesterday I was on the LEX and D/Led something then clicked on a link to D/L a dependency and it took me to a screen the said I wasn't authorized and had to login (which I would have done but there was no place to log in again).  I closed that window and looked for the file I needed manually but ...., well, you know, kinda a bummer if the links don't work right, especially for people like me who have short attention spans or bad memories (or both!)  In case you need the file it was Jeronij's lovely rural walls and I needed the dependency file, although for the life of I can't recall if it was the cool walls or the warm walls who's link I clicked on....
This one is my fault.... :-[ the link points to the old exchange which is closed actually...I will have to fix this...sorry for the inconveniences  ::)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

moganite

You might have a problem with the links in some lots etc
I would like the post i made in general support issues to be deleted
the post I want deleted reads and I discovered that here is the more approiate place to put something of this nature.

This is to report what appears to be a bug in the BSC LEX ATM I dont know whats going on but I am using the latest firefox 2.0.0.1. I dont know if this is happening to anyone else yet  but if so we have aproblem.

The bug is that some files appear not to have images  and links as illustrated in the 2 images below as they are 1024x768 they are links.
BSC LEX bug1

BSC LEX bug 2
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

NikNik

Thanks Sam.

Today I am in the office and came back on LEX as I should. At home I will try to log out and log in again, see if that helps.
Probably it has to do with installing a new internet engine (whether FF, MS or any other).

Nik-Nik

Fred_Ginger

:angrymore: Okay, I'm at it again :'(, I click on the NAM updated scrolling line at the top of the page and it takes me to the "you're not authorized page" with no place to log in, yet when I go to the LEX and log in there is no NAM and when I searched for it I got the typing monkey (Ha, ha!) of course when I typed it in to search I didn't capitalize the letters, does that make a difference?  #?¿?¿?$ anybody else having this problem? #?¿?¿?$ &hlp &hlp &hlp %confuso %confuso %confuso
My name is Vicki
RIP my babies