• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Planting the Seeds (Flora Works)

Started by Lowkee33, February 12, 2011, 02:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatevermind

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 18, 2012, 06:50:00 PM
You're on the right track.
Well that's good to hear  :)

2:  You don't need this, I already provided it..
Yeah, I meant it's necessary from a functionality point of view, obviously no need to reinvent the wheel.

3:  Yes.  Or you can use RKT5 (like the Maxis trees that grow), but if you don't have your own models, you will need permission (and then do a bunch of modding).
I've barely touched on RKT5s, though I know they're out there.

Anyway, that helps to know it's at least possible.  By the way, awesome job on the terrain mod, I'd say you've more than earned some relaxation time.

Lowkee33

Quote from: whatevermind on February 18, 2012, 10:14:15 PM
Yeah, I meant it's necessary from a functionality point of view, obviously no need to reinvent the wheel.

It's necessary to have the patch.  Maybe you are making a controller that only plants trees in the first 100m of terrain.  There isn't a patch for that, so in that case you would want to include your own.  All you have to do is open the Flora Tuning Exemplar (the patch file) and change the "Flora: elevation scale range" to whatever height you want.

Utvaw

I know this has been inactive for a while, but this is really relevant to my interests. 

I have recently been looking for a seasonal god mode tree controller and was wondering if anything ever came of this or the other folks that have mentioned making one in this thread?

Swordmaster

Epicblunder and Vortext are working on one. I also have one, but I didn't intend to release it.

Cheers
Willy

Lowkee33

The biggest set back for me was that people kept making better trees :)

But yes, as of now I have no drive to make a tree controller.  In fact, for all of the flora work I've done, I don't have a single MMP in my cities.