• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsh

Sandalwood starts on page 30
Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms [v.2] starts on page 21

Table of Contents

Page 1
Update-2:Zukuraai - Zukuraai
Update-3:From fish to Farm - Zukuraai
Update-4:Rain rain... - Zukuraai
Update-5:Swazi Wadi River Valley - Zukuraai
Update-6:The Zukuraai Docks - Zukuraai

Page 2
Update-7:New Borders
Update-8:*Teasers - Zukuraai
Update-9:Fushan Quss Oil Co. - Fushan Quss/Zukuraai
Update-10:Growing Zukuraai - Zukuraai

Page 3
Update-11:Zukuraai Gets Connected - Zukuraai
Update-12:Gansbaai Wildlife
Update-13:Al Adjidaai Strip - Zukuraai

Page 4
Update-14:Zukuraai International - Zukuraai

Page 5
*teaser:*Lost Stuff - Various
*teaser:*Teaser - Nouadhibou
Update-15:Nouadhibou, The Oasis City (Part 1) - Nouadhibou

Page 6
Update-16:Nouadhibou, The Oasis City (Part 2) - Nouadhibou
*teaser:Nouadhibou Regional View - Nouadhibou
Update-17:Nouadhibou Central El. - Nouadhibou

Page 7
Update-18:Coming in to Land - Nouadhibou
*teaser:Garden of Eden? - Nouadhibou
Update-19:Just Some Random Scenes... - Nouadhibou

Page 8
Update 20:Imposible? - Nouadhibou
Update 21:The Quay's Grand Opening - Nouadhibou

Page 9
Update 22:Onward to the Pole - Antarctica
Update 23:Welcome to Paradise! - Antarctica

Page 10
*teaser:Gansbaai Space Program Poster
Update 24:The Quay of Nouadhibou - Nouadhibou
Update 25:The Oasis - Nouadhibou

Page 11
*teaser(s):Regional View & Other teasers - Various
Update 26:The City of Lemsid - Lemsid
*teaser:Al Shams Islands - Nouadhibou

Page 12
Update 27:My Terrain Mod

Page 13
*teaserThe Lemsid Coast - Lemsid
Update 28:Over the Horizon - Nouadhibou
Update 29:Cowboys and Indians - Wild West

Page14

Page15

*teaserCracktooth Gulch - Wild West
Update 30:Cracktooth Gulch - Wild West
*teaserHappy New Year! - Al Aauim

Page 16
Update 31:The City of Al Aauim - Al Aauim
Update 32:Kittredge - Wild West

Page 17
Update 33:Terrain Work
Update 34:Silhouettes
Update 35:Lake Garcener - Wild West

Page 18

Page 19
Update 36:Serindriea - Serindriea

Page 20
*teaser: Poster - Serindriea
Update 37: Tree Controller Fun - Serindriea

Page 21
Update 38: Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms [v.2]
Update 39: Location, location, location, again.
Update 40: Sleep Tight Under the Sands... - Nouadhibou

Page 22
Update 41: HD Beach Mod?
                HD Beach Mod.
*teaser: Large Mosaic (10,000 pixels tall) - April 1st

Page 23
Update 42: Al Aauim Pt. 2 - Al Aauim

Page 24
Update 43: Where is Al Aauim?
Update 44: Ghazuo International Airport - Al Aauim

Page 25
*teaser: Riverside Desert - Khrsybicat
*teaser: Air Gansbaai Advert
Update 45: War - Serindriea

Page 26
Update 46: Attack at Sea - Serindriea
Update 47: 1 Year Anniversary

Page 27
Update 48: Another Beach Mod
*teaser: Teaser

Page 28
*teaser: Ithihat, first look

Page 29
*teaser: Aperture Laboratories
Update 49: The City of Khrsybicat

Page 30
Update 0: Welcome to Sandalwood

Page 31
Update 1: Sandalwood
Update 2: (Old)I-16 Coastline

Page 32
Update 3: New Prospects
Update 4: Francisca Bay/Inlet Bridge

Page 33
Update 5: Subtle Changes
Update 6: A Bit More Growth

Page 34
Update X: Is this real life? .. yes it is.
Update 7: Business Opportunities
Update 8: The Four Year Mark

Page 35
Update 9: A Fair Farm in Fall

Page 36
Update 10: 5 Years; Quick Break

Page 37
Update 11: Christmas

Update 50: The End; A New Revolution

Flag

Coat o' Arms
*none*

Infos

*wr means "World Rank"

General

Official Name: The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms

Short Name: Gansbaai

Demonym: Gansbaaian

Capitol: *No official capitol*

Largest City: Al Aium

Currency: Moroccan Dirham (MAD) 1$ = 11MAD

Languages: Arabic: 93.65%
                         Spanish: 3.21%
                         Portuguese: 1.59%
                         English: 1.11%                       
                         French: .08%
                         Other: .36%

Religions: Christianity: 6.4%
                       Islam: 86.56%
                       Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.22%
                       Hinduism: .2%
                       Chinese traditional religion: .01%
                       Buddhism: .25%
                       Other: 5.56%

People

Total Population: 9,596,982 *wr-86

(all based on # per 1,000)

Growth Rate: 50.15 *wr-1 (Gansbaai Recently had a massive surge in population. Going from 500,000 to 4 million in less than 2 years.)

Birth Rate: 39.54 *wr-15

Death Rate: 2.49 *wr-222

Migration Rate: 37.34 *wr-1

Life Expectancy: 75 years *wr-78

Litercy Rate: 90.5%

Economy

GDP: $360.8 billion *wr-29

Most Exported Good: Oil

Most Imported Good: Food - Seafood, corn, rice, ect...

Current Acount Balance: $1 Billion *wr-3

Reserves of foriegn exchange and gold: $21,540,000,000 *wr-40

Communication

Phone Code: 111-111[111]

Phone Lines in use (land): 2,991,000 *wr-62

Phone Lines in use (wireless): 3,816,000 *wr-41

Internet Code: .rgk

Internet Users: 2,321,000 *wr-42

Transportation

International Airports: 5

Kilometer's of Railroad: 2,800

Kilometer's of Road: 8,000

Pipeline:gas 3,152 km;
                    liquid petroleum gas 220 km;
                    oil 2,310 km;
                    refined products 212 km

Location/Climate/Cities

The The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms is located on the west coast of Africa and is south of Morocco. It is mostly arid lands being located on the far west side of the Sahara. Coastal areas receive plentiful amounts of rain, but the land gets very dry very quick due to rapid evaporation. A Mediterranean Style climate exists on the Northern coasts, but traveling inland the climate changes to arid desert very fast. Moisture here evaporates before it even hits the ground. Urban areas in the nation are Massive; with large diversions between urban and rural. The largest city is Al Aium. Other major cities are Nouadhibou, Zukuraai, Sidi-Sabi & Bir Moghrein

History

In 1993; After much dispute over the lands in West Sahara, It was decided by the several West African countries disputed over the area, (Morocco, Algeria, Mauritania, and Mali), that citizens in the boundaries would have independence as their own country, The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms. This new country was officially deemed a country on June 21st, 1994

In 1997, Major Oil Reserves were found in lands disputed by Morocco, The Gansbaai Kingdoms, Mauritania, Algeria, Mali, and Songhai. The lands were originally disputed over Political issues and "Power". This gave even more reasons to want the area. Tensions between the countries grew over the years.

Recently in late 2008, the disputed lands were given to Gansbaai. The revenue from the oil soon made the population of Gansbaai skyrocket, and Almost every major city in the country is a commercial epi-center.

The Future... Gansbaai is looking for new land acquisitions. One is Antarctica, were it wishes to set up a research facility, and also is starting to fund a space program.

Conflict

The country is the most peaceful African country. This is highly due to its new formation, which sprang into existence only in 1995.

canyonjumper

Great info marshy! I can't wait for pics!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

marsh

Quote from: canyonjumper on May 12, 2010, 04:27:55 PM
Great info marshy! I can't wait for pics!

Thanks! Me either. Thats why im updating tonight   :P

Zakuraai is a small rural village on the coast of the Royal Constitutional Republic of the Gansbaai Kingdoms. The village has only 623 residents, however it is the third largest city in the country. The first is El Aaiun, after that is Nouadhibou. There are many other larger population area's, However these ar not official townships. They are just small nomadic tribal villages, and have no permate location, so they are not considered a town. One of these tribes has as many as 1,000 people.

Zakuraai is a amall fishing village on the Gansbaaian coast. Many of the town'sfolk are fisher's. And many own their own boats for this. There is only one dock in town, and it is used by a ferry that goes to other towns in the country.

The town center is a gathering place for many residents in the village. A small hotel was recently built here to atract tourists to try and grow the town. A small solar panel was built a few years ago by a humanitarian group. Almost all Humanitarians have now left, since the county now has some of the highest, (average) standard of living in Northern and Western Africa.

Nearby the church on the hillside, a small medical clinic funded by the goverment has just been built. It is the earliest in many projects to improve the standard of living in The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms, and with only 1 year of existance since 1995, the country is already setting an example for other African countries to follow.

Nearby the church a field has just been cleared to make room for a farm. The town is slowly growing, and a food source other than fish is needed to feed the town'sfolk.

Thats all for today.
Untill next time,

,marsh   :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Yay! Pics! Excellent terrain mod marshy! Zakuraai looks great! I like the detailing in the second pic ;D

Aspirin4o

Great concept marsh! I will be rooting for this MD :thumbsup:
"Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā!"
"Gone, gone, totally gone, totally completely gone, enlightened, so be it!"

io_bg

You're off to a great start! I particularly like those Mediterranean houses and you've put them together very well! Looking forward to more!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

nbvc

i_love_lamp

Facinating, an Islamic nation with a distinct Mediterranean flair. I like it! Keep it up bro!

planetechef

great start, you choose a really difficult style, just on my opinion  ;D but the result could be really nice and interesting, i keep a eye around here for the developement  :thumbsup:
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

Black Elephant

Is just an excellent and beautiful region, I'm impressed! I did something like that years ago, but it wasn't so perfect as this!

Congratulations  &apls &apls &apls

marsh

Quote from: canyonjumper on May 12, 2010, 06:47:29 PM
Yay! Pics! Excellent terrain mod marshy! Zakuraai looks great! I like the detailing in the second pic ;D

Thanks man. Ill try to keep detailing it.   8)

Quote from: Aspirin4o on May 13, 2010, 06:34:58 AM
Great concept marsh! I will be rooting for this MD :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Glad you likey  ()stsfd()

Quote from: io_bg on May 13, 2010, 06:42:52 AM
You're off to a great start! I particularly like those Mediterranean houses and you've put them together very well! Looking forward to more!

Thanks. I like them too  ;D

Quote from: nbvc on May 13, 2010, 08:04:08 AM
Nice start. &apls

Why thank you!  $%Grinno$%
Quote from: i_love_lamp on May 13, 2010, 06:11:08 PM
Facinating, an Islamic nation with a distinct Mediterranean flair. I like it! Keep it up bro!

;D ;D ;D

Quote from: planetechef on May 13, 2010, 07:33:42 PM
great start, you choose a really difficult style, just on my opinion  ;D but the result could be really nice and interesting, i keep a eye around here for the developement  :thumbsup:

Thanks! Im not going to follow the exact style, things will change later in time.  ;)

Quote from: Black Elephant on May 13, 2010, 08:34:59 PM
Is just an excellent and beautiful region, I'm impressed! I did something like that years ago, but it wasn't so perfect as this!

Congratulations  &apls &apls &apls

Thanks man! Thanks for the triple aplause  :P 

Zukuraai's a growing village, and has just hit the 2,000 population mark. The growing town uses more and more water, which helps more trees grow further inland and the coast is actualy looking lush. Farms are even able to grow without irrigation.

The churche's vineyard has just grown in and is almost ready for the seasons first harvest. A rare fog bank covered the town yesterday. Perhaps the rainy season is coming.

The major types of farming most sutible for the region are vineyards and also Lavender. Wine and dye ar not major neccesities of Gansbaai, but they are traded for more basic needs such as meat and other livestock.

Further out of town a local citizen has just bought a parcel of land for a new farm. The expanding town makes it possible for irrigation to not be needed near the town. Trees hold the water, grass groes under the trees, and then soil forms which holds moisture unlike the hard dessert dirt.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Polls are Open!

The town of Zukuraai needs to grow. But if it does it definitly needs more food.

So currently the goverment has a few ideas. The first is a large scale farming plan. The picture is only phase one, a (realy) short road to provide transportation for a few people, and marking out plots of land to be put on the market. This area is currently faily well irrigated naturaly, but the project consists of building roads and irrigation ditches up the coast. (Which is the real hit on the budget)

Or a dock could be funded. This will allow villagers to park boats at the dock. The fish can then be more easily sold at a market. A dock can even open up commercial fishing oppertunities.

Option 1: Fund the construction of roads and irrigation ditches so that people could build farms. This will be cheaper than a dock, but is more risky. most villagers will build Vineyards and Lavender fields. These goods will then have to be sold or traded for food. Prices and demand always change, so if it suddenly drops, there may be a crisis.

Option 2 Fund the construction of a dock. Villagers can park boats at the dock instead of no the beach and caught fish can be more easily sold at a market. The introduction of Commercial Fishing is also a possibility.

canyonjumper

Great update marshy! Zukuraai is looking great, and I vote for the marina. With prices fluctuating, veggies are not the priority.

kwakelaar

Nice choice of terrain mod in combination with the Mickebear bat's.

io_bg

Another great update! The overview shot looks so realistic! I think I vote for the marina. The farms will have to wait :P
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Black Elephant

I think the farms would not be a bad idea, but I vote for the marina. I think docks should be located on a sheltered bay,  for not having accidents, but the sea looks very quiet. Zukuraai will need it!.

Congratulations, and keep it on! :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

i_love_lamp

I vote for option 3: Build a gigantic platinum monument commemorating my comment in this MD. Jk, i vote for plan 2

marsh

Quote from: canyonjumper on May 14, 2010, 05:28:12 PM
Great update marshy! Zukuraai is looking great, and I vote for the marina. With prices fluctuating, veggies are not the priority.

Yes, i also agree  :)

Quote from: kwakelaar on May 15, 2010, 01:02:36 AM
Nice choice of terrain mod in combination with the Mickebear bat's.

Thanks man. I like it too  ()stsfd()

Quote from: io_bg on May 15, 2010, 01:26:41 AM
Another great update! The overview shot looks so realistic! I think I vote for the marina. The farms will have to wait :P

Thanks for voting. It looks as most people agree  :P

Quote from: Black Elephant on May 15, 2010, 10:21:29 AM
I think the farms would not be a bad idea, but I vote for the marina. I think docks should be located on a sheltered bay,  for not having accidents, but the sea looks very quiet. Zukuraai will need it!.

Congratulations, and keep it on! :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

Well there are not many sheltered bays, (nearby), and im still debating that. The sea is calm but not in the rainy season. well see what happens.  ;)

Quote from: i_love_lamp on May 15, 2010, 12:34:42 PM
I vote for option 3: Build a gigantic platinum monument commemorating my comment in this MD. Jk, i vote for plan 2

Hmm, your proposition is tempting. Ill consider....  :P

Thank you all for voting! The polls ar not closed yet, so please continue!

Well that fog bank in Zukuraai last week was a sure sign of the rainy season coming. And when it comes,  it hits hard.

With water comes life, and thats exactly what it does. Lush plants and grass grow nearby the houses, and peoples gardens flourish with plants.

The town center is empty today. It always is this time of year. Inside city officials are still deciding on the food issue. The coming rain washes down alot of fish from upstream, but it also alows plenty of water for crops.

The small shanty town south of Zukuraai is getting harder hit than the city itself. Its dirt roads are turning to mud, and the poorly built housing may start to sink.

To be continued...

kalvar

I remember the game, Tropico 3, I like the rural, peaceful and quiet.

marsh

Quote from: kalvar on May 15, 2010, 06:58:44 PM
I remember the game, Tropico 3, I like the rural, peaceful and quiet.

I do too. I still play it actualy.  :P Does my city remind you of it?

Here we see a large part of the Swazi Wadi. A rail line used to travel through here, but now is long abandoned. The remaining track is covered by large mangrove trees know. And is noe byond repair.

Many boats crowd on the river with large nets, catching all the dead animals washed out such as snakes, and also alot of fish.

The water in the river gets less murkey once the river empties into the bay.

Enjoy my first ever cross-city image. Came out kinda crappy... but I'm still happy with it.

RickD

Good to see you back, Marsh! I like the setting of your new MD.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)