• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Car scaling can be kind of tricky.  Of course, it goes without saying that the Maxis cars (how did we ever make it with those) are tiny, but I still believe Girafe's cars are the gold standard out there.  Good call on the color selection, it works here too; if I just eyeball the cars going down a busy road, the vast majority will be black, white, red, or burgundy (simply a dark shade of red).  The same result is apparent on Google Maps, too; mostly black, white, and red.  Silver and grey show up a lot too, along with dark bronze/champagne.  The exceptions, for me anyway, are small cars and sports cars, which might get oranges and bright blues and the like.

Nice update, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

art128

In my opinion, Jim's automata are the absolute best at the moment. Nice job resizing them! It actually looks pretty amazing with bigger cars now.

Curious to know how they look on parking lots. I assume we will have to create new textures to fit them.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

fantozzi

I'm deeply impressed how much realism this adds - everthing seems so much more right - even sims now look 'normal sized'.

Merry christmas to you too.

matias93

My only sensation now is: how is that I didn't note how underscaled automata were on all those years playing SC4?

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mattb325

Seeing the automata correctly scaled on the Z axis certainly lends weight to the claims that the Sims (and only some of the other game elements) were scaled at the last minute just prior to the release of the game to promote the Sims Franchise.

reddonquixote

These look amazing, adds a lot more realism to the streetscape - I too never really noticed how tiny the maxis cars are.

That bumper to bumper city traffic is making me wince though  :D
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Girafe

Fabulous work Cedric  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks much more realistic and I am pretty sure people would love getting their hands on them.

Have a Merry Christmas my friend  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Themistokles

Interesting aspect and incredible work in turning that idea into reality. My worry is how they will fit in the streets, the way the roads look crammed.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Akallan

Wow, it's really more beautiful and realistic! You should release a mod like this, using the same vehicles! &apls &apls And happy Christmas! :)
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Badsim

Thanks !  :thumbsup:

Two months later ( or something like 350 hours of work ... ) I'm finally ready to present you my Automata Revolution Chapter 1 : Beautiful as a truck ! ...  euro trucks replacement and additional models for Jim's trucks automata .

1  -  Classical ones ; most of them are french ( but from international transportation companies ... ) , a few others are from Quebec or other european countries .

01 E.Leclerc Fuel

02 Total

03 Dyneff

04 Asia Center

05 Brandsource

06 CrocBox

07 Déménageurs Bretons

08 WWF

09 Monster Energy Drink

10 Despi Caterer

11 Red Bull Energy Drink

12 Pomona Passion Froid

13 Norbert Dentressangle

14 Picard

15 Grand Frais

16 Toupargel

17 Miko

18 Miko Relais d'Or

19 Pasquier

20 Transpolaire

21 Ben & Jerry's

22 Geodis/Calberson

23 Metro

24 Milles

25 Hertz

26 Intermarché Rental

27 MultiRecycle

28 Chronopost International

29 Transiberica

30 TNT

31 Burn Energy Drink

32 EuroTransPharma

33 Robert

34 Interflora

35 ADM

36 Carrefour Rental

37 Sernam

38 STEF

39 Decathon

40 Le Relais

41 Lactalis ( with a personal pun in french , related to recent events ... )

42 Jammet

43 Gefco

44 FlexaTrans

45 FedEx

46 Demeco

47 Jacob Primeurs

48 Gondrand

49 Mazet

50 Europcar Rental

51 Demenager Seul

52 Rondeau Caterer

53 VIP Caterer

54 Légaré Rental

55 Street Courses

56 La Poste , regular version

57 Petit Forestier Rental

58 Fraikin Rental

59 Sud Primeurs

60 NTT 1

61 NTT 2

62 Simelio

63 Liefer Service

64 Amazon Prime

65 Promocash

66 Carrefour

67 Olano

68 Dachser

69 Delanchy

70 E.Leclerc combustibles

71 Cool Liner

72 Alloin

73 Kuehne + Nagel

74 Sylvain & Co.

75 Poissonerie Côtes Catalanes

76 Ageneau

77 Fruehauf

78 Delifresh

79 Primafrio

80 Orly Gel

81 Frais de la Ferme

82 La Poste , Star Wars livery

83 Ilios

84 Doyon

85 Bisson Experts

86 C-Roy

87 Univers Maçonnerie

88 France Express

89 Geodis

90 Intermarché

91 Danielou

92 STAFF

93 Simply Market

94 Lidl

95 Coca Cola

96 L.Kim

97 Pelforth

98 Heineken

99 Hillebrand

100 Darty

101 Jost Group

102 DHL

103 Waberer's

104 Duval

105 ASVA

106 Jacquemmoz

107 Rent And Drop

108 Thiriet

109 Trazit

110 LKW Walter

111 Chereau

112 Sofrilog

113 Enterprise Rental

114 ExpoZ

115 Food Truck

116 Fruth Group

117 Milka

118 Butagaz

119 Cledor Primeurs

120 Goessens

121 Mory Ducros

2 - Special editions :

121 NAM Truck ...

123 Ikea , that one is fictive ( from an advertising )

125 Pinder circus trucks , using one of Gobanboshi Japanese Art Trucks model...

127 Truck 1

128 Truck 2

129 Samsung Safety Truck

130 ... with video screens adapted when this truck drives on an SC4 avenue ...

131 Astre Palet System , just in case you would think « Too many trucks ! »

136 And , finally , ProBoy Nick's  Truck , a tribute to Nikita Golubev , artist ... and poet !

Considering the amount of pictures , just 5 pics to see them in game :

For testing purposes , all are currently Moded to be generated by commercial zoning , but of course ,  a lot of them will be at the end Moded as industrial trucks . I can spend 10 minutes - and more , just looking at my SC4 urban traffic , waiting for a particular vehicle to appear . The next chapter will be devoted to vans and revamped vehicles , again , tens of things to show ... the third chapter will be devoted to motorcycles ( Have had so good surprises with them ...) and the massive Moding coming along with these visual works to finally get  the perfect european traffic I dreamed of since always . Then , will come the discussion to define if the community is willing to switch to that new standard ; it has its inconveniences like the fact that only HD car props can be adjusted to the new sizes ( There's a resized car from Girafe car pack vol.4 parked in front of Emerald Plaza , so you can judge ... ) and , indeed , no current parking texture matches them . So you can also forget SAM-1 Parking Textures ... I can extract hundreds of perfect props from these automata ( ortho , 22°5 , 45° , 67,5° or any other angle) and I'm able to create corresponding parking textures but it's gonna take ages ( ... plus , I'll be , for RL reasons , inactive from March to October , like every year .) Well , despite all these inconveniences I personally won't come back to Maxis standard . No way  $%Grinno$% , and , to tell you the truth , I wouldn't understand that you don't want to pay the same attention to the realism of automata than to the quality of BATs , HD trees , props , terrain/highways/railways textures and so on ... but no need to speed that discussion up from now .

See you next week for chapter 2.

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

mattb325

Brilliant!
I am so excited to see the possibility of automata that is Z-scaled in line with the rest of the game (between 133% and 160%)

feyss

That's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of trucks  :D

Awesome and impressive job so far!

fantozzi

How much I did learn about geography and culture from SC4 modders! Didn't know until yet there is a star wars livery of french post - they have even r2-d2 like post boxes? And the cow on the lactalis truck - can't help, but with the slogan she looks half salmonella to me or at least little sick. Great artwork.

This is a truely amazing work. So much details and artistry quotes and variety in a single post. Amazing, amazing. Ah, and did I mention already this is amanzing?   

Girafe

Awesome job you have done there Cedric.
Indeed automatas have been quite left behind compared to the development of NAM, HD BATs, seasonal flora...
And what a surprise to see you with a tons of French liveries for different trucks, you will never stop to amaze me  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Seaman

wonderful!

I really like the truck with the NAM livery! That's a nice gag nod.

oh, and the truck with the cool artist painting on it is awesome. Thanks for both: the truck and the info and pictures about Nikita Golubev.

Quote from: Badsim on February 25, 2018, 01:45:24 PM
Well , despite all these inconveniences I personally won't come back to Maxis standard . No way  $%Grinno$% , and , to tell you the truth , I wouldn't understand that you don't want to pay the same attention to the realism of automata than to the quality of BATs , HD trees , props , terrain/highways/railways textures and so on ... but no need to speed that discussion up from now .
tbh, the old scale didn't stand out to my eye (yet). But on the other hand, in my early days of SC4, I didn't care for slope mods neither (and I will definitely not go back to that time, ever!), so I will not trust my own judgement here. If you walk down the way to realism in SC4, it seems to be a one-way street.

belfastsocrates

This is incredibly exciting!! I'm also loving the obvious love lavished on Euro-style trucks and cars for the HD automata!

Fantastic work
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Badsim

REPLIES :

Quote from: mattb325 on February 25, 2018, 02:46:19 PM

I am so excited to see the possibility of automata that is Z-scaled in line with the rest of the game (between 133% and 160%)

Thanks Matt , I'm currently around 140% so , I guess , I could try an higher value ( when one of the highest sims , as  pedestrian , crosses over that intersection through a truck , I can see his head still overhanging the cabin  $%Grinno$% ... but most probably I would encounter problems of compatibility and coherence with some other stuff , so I think that's a good compromise . ;)

Quote from: feyss on February 25, 2018, 04:04:54 PM
That's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of trucks  :D

Awesome and impressive job so far!

Thanks , and glad you like them all ...I could create tens of more trucks that we still wouldn't be close to reality ... in fact I stopped to create new skins  when it became rare to see twice the same truck in the same picture . I hate repetitions ... ;D

Quote from: fantozzi on February 26, 2018, 12:48:29 AM

How much I did learn about geography and culture from SC4 modders! Didn't know until yet there is a star wars livery of french post - they have even r2-d2 like post boxes? And the cow on the lactalis truck - can't help, but with the slogan she looks half salmonella to me or at least little sick ...

Thank you , :thumbsup:  I did learn so much too ( and still learn almost daily something ) with SC4 community ... about the postal truck , Star Wars editions , I found these liveries :

To release them all is on my to-do list . And , indeed , Lactalis' livery evokes salmonella : « Faire les malins » meaning « be a smartass » , « les » being replaced by « lait » ( having the same pronunciation ) which means « milk » ... well , haven't the feeling to be perfectly clear , but I hope that you'll get the idea !  ::)

Quote from: Girafe on February 26, 2018, 02:38:31 AM

Indeed automatas have been quite left behind compared to the development of NAM, HD BATs, seasonal flora...
And what a surprise to see you with a tons of French liveries for different trucks, you will never stop to amaze me  ...

Thank you  Antoine , glad to be still able to surprise you  ;D , and thanks for the K-point ( ... but we should stop to regularly credit each other with K-points before it looks like some cronyism for the community ...  $%Grinno$% )

Quote from: Seaman on February 26, 2018, 04:31:03 AM

tbh, the old scale didn't stand out to my eye (yet). But on the other hand, in my early days of SC4, I didn't care for slope mods neither (and I will definitely not go back to that time, ever!), so I will not trust my own judgement here. If you walk down the way to realism in SC4, it seems to be a one-way street.

Thank you .  :thumbsup: That's a one-way indeed . But as long as we have challenges like that one , this game will stay alive . ;) ( Accordingly to that sentence , I should die first . :D )

Quote from: belfastsocrates on February 26, 2018, 04:46:52 AM
This is incredibly exciting!! I'm also loving the obvious love lavished on Euro-style trucks and cars for the HD automata!

Thanks for your enthusiasm !  :thumbsup:

Chapter two is late but in the pipeline , I need still to edit tens of pictures and that's a veryyyyyy boring task ! And so it would be great to turn that page before , just one more post needed ... in the meanwhile , I've started to extract pops from these automata with , as usual , new ideas coming in mind to test promptly :

06 LKW Walter truck , back doors open

07 LKW Walter truck , partially cleaned

08 Express LOT editing ...

I'm always incredulous in front of the quality of these props extracted from automata ( a true 3D model having a single FSH ) , so much possibilities , even if you're not a BATer as long as you respect the UV map of the model ( S3D file ) ... and so little time . :(

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

feyss

I also hate repetitions, but who doesn't? :D

Great idea with the open back doors. The last picture is very good, even if it's just a picture "for showing work in progress".

kbieniu7

Wow  :o How did you find enough time to do all of it? :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

mattb325

Amazing - I love the extra trucks.  :thumbsup:

And you are quite right about the potential for over-scaling automata...they have to fit in under 7.5m network pieces &hlp