• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

bsc park textues

Started by chester, December 10, 2007, 08:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

i use the bsc park textues that you can change out, made by deadwoods, and i was wondering if at all possible if anyone has made or can make new textures that match the ped mall tiles like the white tiles and the cobblestone. It would be great to be able to create a seemless look with the bsc parks and the ped tiles. unfortunatly the le is a completely foreign thing to me. in fact its taken me half an hour just to figure out how to post this request. thanks. :)

geoffhaw

Any texture can be 'put' into the BSC Parks Texture, and it is relatively easy to do.  However, if you want to use an existing Maxis (I assume) texture, you will have to find out the IID number of that texture.  The easiest way to do this is to open up any lot in the Lot Editor, choose the Base Texture option, and scroll through until you find the one(s) you want.  Write down the IID number of the texture, and post it here.  Once I have the IID number, it will be very easy to create an additional dat file to use as your own personal BSC Parks Texture.

chester

I would love to be able to do what you told me to do. &ops My problem is that for reasons beyond my comprehesion I have not been able to get the lot editor to function on my computer.  Is there anyting else that would help, like if i posted pictues of the textures that I'm talking about?&idea  I'm sorry for being so completely computer illiterate, my mom and i have tried several times to get it to work, it dosen't like me.  :'(

JBSimio

If you are trying to open the Lot Editor with a full plungins folder, it will take a LONG time to load up.  And since there is no indicator to warn you that it's still just "thinking," it is easy to mistake this for not working.  Try starting the LE with an empty plugins folder and see if this helps.

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

chester

Thank you! I will definatly give that a try.

MinGraphics

Quote from: geoffhaw on December 11, 2007, 11:10:51 AM
Any texture can be 'put' into the BSC Parks Texture, and it is relatively easy to do.  However, if you want to use an existing Maxis (I assume) texture, you will have to find out the IID number of that texture.  The easiest way to do this is to open up any lot in the Lot Editor, choose the Base Texture option, and scroll through until you find the one(s) you want.  Write down the IID number of the texture, and post it here.  Once I have the IID number, it will be very easy to create an additional dat file to use as your own personal BSC Parks Texture.

Hi Min Here, I am Chester's Mom, we did get the lot editor to open after removing the plugins folder.  My question is, the number you refer to as the IID, is that the set of numbers that are on the left of the name of a lot or texture?

BarbyW

The IID of the texture will be shown in bottom of the right hand window when you click on the square with that texture on it. If you are still having problems I'll get a screenie out of LE for you.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

MinGraphics

Thanks I know what the number is I saw them when I opened a few things in the LE.  As soon as my Daughter shows me what ones she wants we will post the numbers.  Thanks for all your help!!

Here are the numbers
White tile: 0x258f2000
Wave Brick 0x26313000
Brown Brick 0x262e3000

geoffhaw

OK, now I've got the IIDs, I can make the dats.  If you PM me your email address, I'll try to get them done in the next couple of days and send them to you.  One word of warning though... you've given 3 textures, but you can only use one of them at a time in the game!

chester

Thanks! Ya i know you can only use one at a time but i switch them depending on which of my citys i'm playing.Thank you so much for this. and THANKS!!!! to everyone else who posted here and answered my questions and helped me out. you've all been great. $%Grinno$% &apls &apls

geoffhaw

OK, I've emailed the three dats to you.  Any problems, please let me know.

chester

They work perfectly. thank you again.