• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Highways!

Started by Travis, April 21, 2007, 09:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: kassarc16 on September 19, 2011, 03:20:21 PM

And the pretty darn nifty FLEX-SPUI in action!

Hey, that's awesome. Just sayin... :D

Some RHW 5.0 stuff:

RHW-10 splitter.

RHW-6S under some flex.

The swril.

Swordmaster

Great shots, Haljackey, as always.  :thumbsup:

Here are some of my experiments with the new double-deck network. It's supposed to be a downtown freeway.

An exit:

Trumpet with transition to RHW-4:

From another angle:

Another exit, one with the very cool avenue exit pieces:

I love the minimal width this network takes up (exits fit on three tiles), but there's a sacrifice in ramp length, of course, which limits the number of exits you can fit in. Overall, it has (as per usual RHW standards), a very realistic look.

io_bg

Awesome pics, very realistic :thumbsup: I'm downloading them on my PC right now to use them as inspiration source later on when I play the game :D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

banditp61

The main interchange from the Interstate (I-25) to the turnpike (Denver Colorado Springs Turnpike) to the industrial sector:

"The Collector" just north of Denver Colorado Springs Turnpike. Wilcox Ave Via Duct then the Westone Exit serves as the beginning of the "The Collector"

Risu

Neat recreation! :thumbsup: You gonna turn it into an MD?

I think I know where that's at.... Isn't "The Collector" between Castle Rock and Denver? I remember making that drive several times. It's funny going north on I-25, becos' once I cross over that ridge, BAM! Denver is right there!

banditp61

Kinda sorta. It's a mix of the I-25 and I-225 interchange and the whole T-REX project area along I-25 starting at I-225 to about Santa Fe and I-25. I get most of my ideas from there, and the City of Denver.

I would just like to say, that this city project I'm working on is based on a map of Denver and I'm trying to make it look like Denver, but with my own stuff in it too, Again, a lot of my stuff is inspired by the City of Denver.

By the way, I would like to thank Nine Inch Nails for helping me think of what to call my interchange. They have a song called "The Collector" and I was listening to it when trying to come up with a nickname.

clemenclm2001

This is my acces to the airport. I hope you like.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Risu

Wah, that's pretty close between the avenue on/off-ramp and the junction. They don't have much time to weave.... Otherwise, not bad.

Oh and, I like your rock & water mod. :D

Swordmaster

Yes, that's a very dangerous stretch of weaving going on there! You might try to move the ramps to the other side of the interchange unless you don't care.

By the way, here's the other end of the double-deck freeway I posted above.

Haljackey

Derp.

How it was done:

(RHW)
(Road)
(RHW)

Don't worry I know how to connect the two correctly. Just messing around.  :D

joelyboy911

It would look pretty cool if the lines corresponded though! Just a different median style...
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

j-dub

Quote from: HaljackeyDerp.

Thats strange, when I do that, it gives me TLA instead of an Avenue 6.

eggman111

Quote from: j-dub on September 28, 2011, 07:15:39 PM
Quote from: HaljackeyDerp.

Thats strange, when I do that, it gives me TLA instead of an Avenue 6.

Yes, it depends on which way you drag it. If you start with RHW, and drag a road out of it, you get a TLA-5, but if you start with an AVE-6, you drag out a RHW-6C.

... unless I mixed that up. I remember seeing a post on here about that, but I don't have time to look it up right now. I'm sure you'll figure it out once you play around with it.

jdenm8

Here's a few intersections int of my cities that are all a little too close to one another.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

kbieniu7

Looks nice, and well-planned  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Haljackey

oczomajster

One picture from my MD. More HERE!

Wildlife Crossing over A116

Enjoy!

Sorry for any mistakes! I'm writing with translator!

RickD

@oczomajster: Neat idea! Very realistic.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

aragornjdl

Quote from: kassarc16 on September 19, 2011, 03:20:21 PM
And the pretty darn nifty FLEX-SPUI in action!

Beautiful elevated SPUI! I want one! Are you using the on-slope Avenue transition? If so, when I tried to do this, I couldn't get the turning lane on the on-slope piece. How'd you build that?