• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show Us Your Car Accidents/Traffic!

Started by Haljackey, October 25, 2007, 03:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankmank

My train stations are over capacity so sometimes there is a lot of trains or one really big one

A200

Here is something different. 16 buses caught in a bus jam in the Faire Busway Bridge:

A200

sim-al2

It's a bumper bus!  :D Quite interesting, maybe a road train? ::)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

tankmank

lol thats a lot of busses in one que, do your people use lots of busses?

A200

To be honest my city only has a few bus routes on major roads and a few in some suburbs, and the bridge next to that bus bridge was heavily congested so I built the bus bridge to make the trip quicker (like the Victoria Bridge and Eleanor Schonell Bridge/s in brisbane) and the buses can skip traffic!

tag_one

Quite realistic actually  :thumbsup: This is a daily experience for me when traveling by bus towards the city of Utrecht in the Netherlands :angrymore:

j-dub

This was an attempt to do a double left turn. This intersection is made with one ways for the turn lanes, and avenues. You guys probably will never be able to recreate like I did. There is no option that allows you to have 1 part out of four of the avenuexavenue intersection, but did you see what happened to the traffic here?

It didn't work, because the traffic got grid locked, literally that there were so many cars, they got stuck and couldn't move, because the interecection consisted of 9. I had tried this in a variety of ways.

See the issue of the traffic circle?

tankmank

tag_one

Simpson

Oh tankmank great pics there I love your city  :thumbsup:

EDIT: This is my 400 posts  :)

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Some nice pictures there of your traffics, @ both!

and congrats on more than 400 posts, Simpson

tankmank

Quote from: Simpson on August 05, 2008, 03:31:19 AM
Oh tankmank great pics there I love your city  :thumbsup:

EDIT: This is my 400 posts  :)

thanks and congrats on 400 posts

sim-al2

I don't even want to know.??? :o $%Grinno$%

Can you imagine trying to drive through that thing!?  %confuso
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

j-dub

Hey tankmark, would you mind getting the traffic lights to the left side of the road from- http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5161.0  ()what() I can see why traffic backs up, thats nuts!

deathtopumpkins

Dang, j-dub. That traffic jam's insane. :o I guess double left turns aren't possible right now from a practical functionality standpoint.

Oh and I see somebody's using my textures! ()stsfd()
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

tankmank

j-dub

@Deathtopumpkins, yeah its too bad double left turns couldn't work better and not have traffic get stuck! If that idea is figured out, it may take 20 years. It involves new irregular criss-crossing in the pathes. This is current pathes and stop points. Wether something can be done to solve the cars not following the lights at all... Oh yeah, and thats still the RHW, just not transitioning into the intersection, because I used puzzle pieces here.  @Tankmank, glad to be of help, I hope the game is more enjoyable now.

deathtopumpkins

I'm sure something could be done about it. In 20 years we probably will have modded every aspect of the game so much it's not even anywhere similar to the original. Pathing just completely loses me though, so I don't have a clue as to what you could do.
And is there anything that could be done about the cars actually being related to the timing of the lights? It's really annoying when all directions are going at once, and I often get regular maxis intersections where the lights for both directions turn green at the same time, so I never know when to go in UDI.
I was wondering about the funkiness of that intersection. It looks like an avenue has been pulled apart with a tile in the middle containing a OWR, but I'm clueless as to how you did the intersection(s). Care to explain?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

tankmank

j-dub

Explanation: The avenue IS pulled apart with OWR in the middle. The half avenue does continue one tile further where the diagonal OWR meets. The only way to get it to curve diagonal into an avenue is to push it towards, then switch direction after its built. I did have to use rail to split the avenue up, but I also used on slope pieces to start the intersections. Those yellow crossings in the middle is RHWxOWR, thats why there is no signals. The second picture was done with roads, but the traffic circle tries to appear but splits into a wierd one lane intersection. The pathing is messed up here, part of the back up, is cars getting almost in head on crashes, and they also drive in the wrong lanes, but thats Maxis programing. Those are oneways going under the overhead siganals, but as you know, its not pathed right. Now 3 networks at one tiles isn't possible, but I say its really OWRxAvexRoad, due to how it pathed itself two way traffic at the avenue corners. Basically this is so messed up, you shouldn't be able to do this.

Unfortanetly there is nothing that can fix the timing of the lights. I'm telling you they run red lights in my game, even though thats not suppose to be the case, or their just blocking the intersection, like this picture. The all lights on green first happens to me too, but then they change after finally loading. When you don't know, you have to pretend its a real life intersection with no stop signs. There is plenty of those in the older suburbs without warning, but stop signs get blown anyway, even though there is something riddiculous to get your attention, thus CRASH!