• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Akallan

Wonderful images! The first is bluffing, I love these pastures with these few farms that seem abandoned. "Rio Pinturas Canyon" is also superb, we really realize the relief and everything spring well!

Great and thank you again for the huge work, it was an update I was looking forward to! :popcorn:

&apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

praiodan

Dantes

I like your detailed urban city!  ;D Your landscape is epic beautyful!

korver

- UPDATE 17: Český Krumlov -

Today we take a tour through one of Europe's most charming cities - Český Krumlov, located in the Bohemia region of the Czech Republic. We begin in Svornosti Square - the town square located in the heart of the city. Its been here since medieval times - and today its lined by a number of old shops and antique stores.

The Český Krumlov State Castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. Built on top of a steep cliff on the banks of the Vlatva River, the views from here are great - especially during sunsets. Its one of the most marvelous sights in the entire region - built back in the 13th century, today it houses a museum with exhibitions running frequently.

Nighttime is often quiet here - making it a good time to get away from the crowds. The Virgin Mary statue located in the middle of the old square is one of the best sights at night - its hard to miss.

Christmas markets are a time tested tradition in central European towns and cities - and the one hosted yearly in the town square is quite the popular attraction. With its towering Christmas tree, countless stalls, and falling snow - it truly makes for a magical atmosphere.

The Vlatva River snakes and loops around the city, adding to the charm of the old town. Restaurants and shops are located along its banks, making for a picturesque experience - especially during the colors of fall.

One of the most amazing times to visit Český Krumlov is during autumn - the fall foliage, crisp weather, and smaller crowds all make it a perfect time to visit the city. The atmosphere coupled with the historic buildings of the old town makes it a fairytale experience!

-korver

---

Replies

Simmer2: Thanks for the comment!

reddonquixote: Thank you for the praise :)

vester: Thanks, glad you liked it!

feyss: Thanks ;D

Nanami: Thanks for the kind words. Mountains like that aren't easy to do, but I think I did a pretty good job getting that steep mountainous look ;)

Alan_Waters: Thank you, glad you enjoyed it :)

Themistokles: Thanks for the comment! ;D

mattb325: Appreciate the kind words, thanks for stopping by :)

Akallan: Thanks for the comment - glad you enjoyed the canyon and the farms! It took quite a while to get that barren, old look to them - but I think all that work paid off ;)

praidodan: Thanks! Appreciate the comment :)

Dantes: Thanks for the praise, glad you enjoyed my landscapes and cities :)

Nanami

Another update! your work never cease to amaze me :thumbsup: . Since I dont know that much about the city in that area in the world, is road in real life on such town that narrow? it must be very hard to navigate car throughout the town though..

samu64

Your work is one of the best CJ ever   &apls &apls

romualdillo

As always, you've nailed it!   &apls Another masterpiece for your growing collection!

c.p.

Akallan

Beautiful as always. A small update, but very beautiful and the charm of this small village is taking! The picture in the autumn is fabulous! I also want to say that it does not seem to me that you do not have much use PS (except for the lights and the mist), it always proves your talent as a director! Congratulations! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

manga rivotra

This makes long have you evolved alone in your own category, but I see that you still manage to surpass yourself !  ::)
I particularly like these last 2 updates. The first mosaic of your Patagonia's update is a real canvas masterpiece. I think probably the most beautiful picture I've seen in a MD. &apls &apls &apls
Thanks you very much.  :thumbsup:

Krasner

It's like a touristic guidebook without any real picture needed  :D As always, very enjoyable to look at - the complexity of this town looks very auhentic to me, you greatly used these few oddly angled czech buildings  (which are from a korean blog I remember, all of a sudden  &idea)
ANARCHIST !!

praiodan

This is simply incredible. I've been to many places in Czechia and, despite the fact that there a lot of lovely towns, Krumlov indeed is overwhelmingly charming. And what shall I say? You nailed it!  :)

feyss

I always wanted to go there. You perfectly portrayed it  :thumbsup:

Themistokles

Having just travelled close to this region, this feels incredibly recognisable. And such a charming place. Great job as always!

edit:is this monastery a bat of yours or is it available somewhere? :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Abrams124

korver

- UPDATE 18: South Asia (Preview) -

For our next destination, we're traveling to an area very rarely seen in SC4... India and South Asia. As you might imagine, it has been quite the hassle finding suitable buildings - but after many, many hours of scavenging around - and even doing some BATing in addition to bringing in some custom models I found... I've been able to track down *just* enough to make it work.

The full update is nearing completion, but in the meantime - here's a couple of previews to enjoy :)

One of the most impressive structures in the world... Delhi's Red Fort.

(full size link here)

One of the many beautiful tea plantations that dot the rolling hillsides of rural Sri Lanka.

-korver

---

Replies

Nanami: Thanks for the kind words :) Many of the streets in the town are about that narrow - but I'd agree with you that the bridge is probably just a bit too small. Perhaps I should have used a smaller car there, or just shrunk down the cars a bit more for that scene so it would be a little less obvious :P Thanks for the feedback!

Samu64d: Thank you for the high praise!

romualdillo: Thanks for the comment - glad you enjoyed it!

c.p.: Thank you for the kind words!

Akallan: Thank you! Yeah, I didn't use much PS on the update at all. But in general, I don't use as much PS as you would think :P There were some fun pics in the past like Victoria Falls/Angel Falls, but I don't really plan on making pics like that anymore. I only use it to make whats already in the scene look a bit more interesting, or to perhaps give a certain scene a feeling (like for example, that dark, ominous filter I gave my Moynaq pic.)

manga rivotra: Thanks for the praise, always cool to hear that regarding one of my pics :thumbsup:

Krasner: Thanks! Yeah, I've been wanting to use some of those buildings for quite some time, so I'm glad I was able to give them a good home ;)

praiodan: Thank you! Always good to hear from someone who's been to the area. Glad you enjoyed it.

feyss: Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it :)

Themistokles: Thanks for the comment, always good to hear that :thumbsup: I actually didn't make that one though - I believe you're talking about buildings featured in the "Český Krumlov State Castle"? It's actually a collection of buildings (not one building) - I believe some are random assorted buildings from SCPolska and a few are from Wallibuk. Unfortunately though, I believe the DL link to the main building in that complex became broken recently ("Town gate") &mmm

Abrams124: Thanks for the comment ;D

reddonquixote

I don't understand how you do it... looks amazing  &apls &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

vester

Its always a joy to see your updates.
The last two is no exception.  :thumbsup:

Still amazed that this is sc4.

kelis

I have no words for that picture of Delhi's Red Fort  &apls &apls &apls I really like how you did those slums too... fantastic job  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||