• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b22rian

This is as good as I have seen from you  :thumbsup:

Your hard work on all of this is a large part of why this is all going forward still after all these years..

A sincere thanks for all your continuing to do ..

Brian

Simmer2

Thank you b22rian, I really appreciate the comment.

So, I'm working on finalizing this fuel tank pack and the updated industrial style oil pipe set and wanted to hear your opinion on something.

This tank set along with the pipe set will make it possible to create almost any custom setup you wish. From a single unit to vast tank fields, hopefully enough to satisfy even the most hardcore industrialist.  They will also include rail loading/unloading and truck loading facilities. Its a DIY oil storage/delivery system. They will include some of the most popular brands but not all. (More could come at a later date)

The tank pack will comprise of around 20 different lots and combinations of them and decided that because they are energy related lots to place them under the Power menu. Another reason for doing so is that usually that menu is not cluttered as much as the Landmark menu.

The pipe set will be under the Landmark menu. What do you think about that menu setup?

Simmer2

PS the base texture will be the standard industrial one so that they will all match.
________________________________________________________________________________

Kitsune

Pipe network should go in the Water menu .. as they are pipes afterall :)
~ NAM Team Member

Jack_wilds

Thanks for the Ind Plant... you know that project could also be a gas power plant... watching all you projects progress a number of them are quit good

Tyberius06

Pipes either the Water or the power menu after or before the Tanks should go, but not to the Landmark.
Also this brought up a question in me. Could you make a little section where an aquapipe of yours crossing above or below one of these oil pipes, also do you plan to make onslope transitions (for 7,5m slope, 10m slope and 15m slope)? I mean for a future expansion of this set? This set is really nice and gives so many possibilities.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Jack_wilds Thank you.

Kitsune They are not water pipes however the reason I dislike putting a set this big under the water menu is because every time you pluck something from that menu, the game switches to underground mode. The larger the city the bigger the lag delay. Its very annoying. I may just drop them under the power menu along the the tanks and be done with it.

Tyberius06 I could make the crossover junction for the water pipe set I made a while ago. For the rest you will have to wait for a later expansion.
I will make 2 crossover on a straight water pipe model. One for the quad and one for the dual.

Thank you for the input

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Just testing a theory..

Simmer2

eggman121

.......(( :o )) ......   &idea

Please...... Hold my beer ;)

I have been contemplating this possibility for a while now as part of the Diagonal Bridge Enabler

-eggman121

Girafe

This curved bridge is amazing &apls &apls &apls

How does it work? is it eye-candy only or functional?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simmer2

Uh-oh Stephen's gears are turning  :D

Girafe
It is eye candy only..for now. I made it to experiment with the height rule, as you can see, this one is made to fit 30 meters heights.

Thank you!

And now lets release SM2 Enzo Aricci Boutique here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3888

Both plop and grow are included

Simmer2

fantozzi

Simmer 2 ist the Mozart of rust, bolts and steel girders.

:P :P :P &apls :P :P &apls :P :P &apls :P :P &apls :P :P &apls :P :P &apls :P :P &apls :P :P :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA

Simmer2

Thanks fantozzi but that bridge is actually made with wood. It does have steel couplers though  :)

Replaced the base texture on SM2 Reddington Concrete Plant Almost ready to go.

Simmer2

PaPa-J

:bnn: :bnn: :bnn:

Love the Rail Bridge!! Outstanding work SM2!  &apls &apls

Your tank and pipe pack is Excellent.  The pipe work would work best in the power or water menu.  IMO.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Simmer2

Papa-J Thank you. Yes they will be in the power menu.

Random pick from my vault.

SM2 Small Roundabout Bus Stop Is available here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3889

Simmer2

Simmer2

SM2 DIY Oil Depot Vol1 set is also almost ready. 22 lots so far, 18 of which will connect to my upcoming industrial pipeline.  More will come at a later date in Vol2.

Simmer2

Simmer2

SM2 Oil Pipeline Vol2 is here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3890

Tanks kit soon to follow.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Thanks for making it available. Also the oil depo pieces are looking awesome! Nice additions to our industrial areas!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

SM2 Faro de Santa Marta

Its all fantozzi's fault  :D

Simmer2

fantozzi

I feel guilty.   &ops

But very pleased.  :P

:thumbsup:

PaPa-J

WOW!! Awesome lighthouse!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.