• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fantozzi's Lotting Adventures

Started by fantozzi, March 01, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

I feel your dismay. Unfortunately asking mankind to learn from its mistakes is a very tall order. History has a way of repeating itself  &mmm

fantozzi

fantozzi

Looking out made me feel uncomfortable. Never saw a sky this black before ... right above my head.

Interesting how much our feelings are connected to the sky.

owlsinger

Hi fantozzi!

I'm testing a new plugin folder with cam 2.1, and I'm always on the lookout for new camified buildings. Thank you for your recent uploads!

I have grown all the Shriefer buildings, but I do have an issue with one of them - 667 Madison is showing a brown box. I have the model from the original, and I've tried both the DN and MN, demolished it and re-grew it, but still have the brown box. Can you take a look at that one please?

Thanks!
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

fantozzi

Thanks for reporting, owlsinger.

This could be my fault. In march 2018 Schriefer updated the bat and I think I confused the old and the new version, deleted the new and kept the old instead.

Please give me a few days to test this. 

fantozzi

So yes, indeed - I lotted against an outdated model of 667 madison.

To everybody who downloaded "CAMy goes to Schrieferwood" (camified version of lots by Schriefer) before march 15 - please redownload and replace the files.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  ()testing()

fantozzi

I tried this 5 years ago when I was a lotting newbie ... and I failed terrible. NICK's latest releases encouraged me to try it again.

1.The real thing: BASF Ludwigshafen, the chemical city on 10 square kilometers with roundabout 2000 facilities and 39.000 employees, 106 km of street. own rail yard with 230 kilometers of rail, 2800 kilometers of pipes ... with their own fire brigade and clinic.

In short: the biggest chemical production facility in the world.

2. The plan - dividing this facility into 4 lots to get a little bit close to the real thing but still usable inside the game.

3. Inside this facility there are driving fully autonomous transporter, carrying standardized tanks of different colours from the facility to the logistic center (next tu the rail is the river with docks - so they have a perfect network hub there:

So those autonomous vehicles run around and deliver to the point where the autonomous lift bridge pick up the tanks.

And if I could get a little help with those autonomious vehicles and the tanks with BASF logo I would be very glad. But most of the stuff - again thanks tio Simmer2 - is now there to make this project something sucessfull.

I will need also some high farts (or what is the correrct english word?):

But I will try to create this on my own.

But if someone wants to support this little project with an autonomious transporter or any stuff with the BASF logo on it or 2000 facilities (kidding) you are very wellcome!

Thank you

fantozzi

Ah, yes. A successfull day.

HopeIDS2 can forgive me one day ... but I turned his 100 Washgington Square from Minneapolis into the BASF hedaqarter.

Also I made the tank props with BASF branding and on the picture you'll see how they fit really nice on Simmer2's flatbed rail cars.

fantozzi

Unsuccessful day.

And still I don't know how this thing is called in English. In german it's a "Hochfackel" used to flare gasses you have no need for. Often seen in oil recovery.

Left is the one by Somy. So much better than mine. It has this overscaled steps and on each pipe (who would build four times the same access  ()what() ) - one step as large as a floor of the IDS2 building. Wo would climb there? But still its a much more interesting bat, better detailed. I must confess I like Somy's much more than mine.

fantozzi

Im very proud to present you ...

the first AGV (automated guided vehicle) for SC4. This AGV manufactured by VDL Automated Vehicles in Netherlands can load upt 78 tons and thanks to 8 stearable axis drive on normal roads.

The AGV reads information from transponders under the paving and therefore is guided. It runs fully electric.

Andreas

Now that looks pretty cool - and recreating the entire BASF sounds like a HUGE project alright! Did you make that fire truck as well? The BASF Werksfeuerwehr has some really interesting custom fire engines alright! Oh yeah, and if you search for "Hochfackel" at Wikipedia, you can find out the English term by clicking on the "English" link. ;)
Andreas

mattb325

I like the term 'high farts' much better than gas flare  &hlp

You models are looking really good and the re-purposing of IDS's building is very believable  :thumbsup:

Tag_one and citynut also made some modular props for oil/gas works
(I think this one: https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/15924-rnp-refinery-props/) and would be quite useful for your project assuming you don't already have it

Simmer2

Fantozzi I believe the proper name for that type of stack is "Flare Stack". Your reference to flatulence (your translation) is commonly referred as "Blue Flame" :D

Flare stacks are used in the chemical and petrochemical industries to safely dispose of excess gases through combustion.These may be unwanted waste gases, or flammable gases released to prevent unplanned  over-pressurising of plant equipment.

Simply venting these untreated hydrocarbons into the air creates an environmental hazard.  Burning these gases is less harmful – for example, if methane is burned to produce carbon dioxide  and steam, it is less damaging than releasing methane.

Environmental regulations require close monitoring of the flare stack to prevent pollutants, particularly unburned hydrocarbons, from entering the atmosphere.

I could make some BASF based models. Actually I think I made some oil tanks with that logo a while ago. Making 2000 BASF based models seems a bit daunting though   &Thk/(

I will post a pic or 2 soon-ish.

Simmer2

Edit* I just cobbled this flare stack together with some spare parts I had laying around. Oh and by the way, there is a small flame animation available that can be used on top of the model once rendered. Again this is just one example.
Flare stacks come in many different variations.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

@Andreas: glad to read you again. I missed you for some weeks. The freight part - should I make it a functional cargo rail station or just eye candy with IH-M jobs? The southern part is planned as I-M, there is the visitors center and the administration. Center and north are planned as I-D. As there will 12.000 or 15.000 jobs in total - I thought to split them up into different types. But there are several possibilites to split up the type of jobs. Any suggestions? Thank you. The fire truck is just a repaint of the one made for my THW lot. The "Notarzt" (emergency doctor's car?) is a new prop.

@Matt: Thank you. Well BASF doing this kind of press releases on the local level. "Sorry we have a rest of unneeded gas in our pipes. We'll deflate tomorrow night. Sorry for the inconvencience." Well they do exactly the same thing as me ("Excuse me Sir, I have to go to the balcony for an instant"). Only on a larger scale.
Tag_one and citinuts both already planned as props (together with Simmer 1 - 3)

@Simmer2: Your fart flare stack is perfect! Stunning - you nailed what I had in mind  :clap: Great stuff. Maybe to make it a little less higher than this monster by Somy? You are so kind! You make me feel excited about this project. I wrote a response over at your thread.

Thanks to you all.

EDIT (much later)
Looking on your flare stack again made me wonder if the last part of the outher structure could be removed?

Imho above the last transverse joint it's of no function. Maybe.

Simmer2

Edited the stack and added a few more BASF props...

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

I'm afraid I can't go at your speed.  :o This is absolutely fantastic.  :thumbsup: There are left a few little gaps hopefully I can close myself. Maybe this project can be finished until eastern. What you showed here is extremely helpfull matching perfectly how I plan/imagine the lots. Exciting!

Can you please put those props into one of your Mega packs? 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looking at your pictures it crossed my mind to use rivits tarsealed road textures on the lot. The road textures need to have wider curves. With the heavy traffic those 90 degree curves on 1x1 tiles will look silly. Another solution could be the texture pack rencently released by mgb. Which exactly contains such road overlays for lotting.

Simmer2

Thank you.

I will bake a couple more Iveco trucks (orthos, 45 etc) and then I will pass what I have made to you. As you build the ensemble and require more models, let me know.
Once you are finished, I will then add them to either SM2 Mega Prop Pack Vol3 or depending on the timing I may release SM2 Mega Prop Pack Vol4 because I already have compiled quite a few new model for other projects.

Simmer2

Just one of my new projects.

fantozzi

D'accordo. Sono molto contento. Non so come dire graze per tuo aiuto.

fantozzi

fantozzi

Sadly, when rendering in GMAX often the best details get lost.

F.e. the most hazardous material  in SC4: