• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

^^Yes, making the LODs taller made it work.

No such issue with this station, rendered correctly the first time despite being smaller  ???

Edwardian as a style is mostly overlooked by creators  in favor of late Victorian style or even the later art deco.
Edwardian architecture was obviously popular in Britain, Australia, and other Commonwealth countries whereas Art Nouveaux was popular in Europe around that time (Art Nouveaux being almost completely non-existent in game  &idea) & Beaux Arts in the US.
Edwardian buildings are often quite monumental and heavy set in comparison to Victorian architecture, and often the details are quite simplified and pared back.

Although it should be noted that Edwardian architecture is often just lumped into the Victorian Era Architecture bucket, to me there are both subtle & obvious differences.

This station is (I believe) the first for the 7.5m E-RRW system.

It is in the Edwardian style, but it is fictional, a 6x2 lot with workshops and garages at the rear and shops/offices/cheap lodgings at the front. The E-RRW props were very kindly provided by mgb204/rsc204  :thumbsup:

I will be making other versions of the 7.5m stations (including modern & eeeek, diagonal  ()lurker() !)

Also, mgb204 has given me some really useful templates and guidance based on the first two stations I sent him, so I am going to mod the other stations based on those standards. Each will be a 15m network (Monorail, HSR, El-Rail, Elevated L2 Rail) + the subway/bus/rail & parking interchanges which means 4 lots for each building so far + plus any additional building I dream up. Assuming I don't make a total muddle of the modding, at least these should start being released in the very near future.  :D

Tyberius06

Wooow! Woooooow! :)  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
I love this latest one too! It's so amazing.
Question: I don't know how much work would be to make, but could you make a "set" (well if it was only one piece, I wouldn't mind either) of props only from the "arcade" part of station without the roof and the station sign? It would be so awesome to make something similar to which can be found between the Fenchurch Terminus and Limehouse Station in London...

Thank you for making these very nice stations! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Kitsune

very nice ! Now we just need something like Circular Quay in Sydney (minus the expressway on top) ..................... :)
~ NAM Team Member

reddonquixote

That's very cute, love it!  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Unconstantean

Man this pack will be perfect 4 me  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls . In my downtown i plan to use normal elevated rail instead of el rail so those stations are perfect!!!!

Alan_Waters

Here and waited for the support of 7.5! Hooray! I was waiting. I knew.  :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:
Matt, you're done!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mattb325

Thanks guys. Something more modern  ;)

Tyberius06

Ok, you're definitelly spoiling us with these! :) Stations for the ERRW L1 are always welcomed.
I wish you would make some Terminus for elevated networks (ERRW L1-L2, and HSR too)

Really great work, I love this modern design!

Thanks!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Alan_Waters

What details! What accuracy! Perfectly! I want it!  &apls &apls &apls

dyoungyn

Very cool for L1 Elevated Rail. 

I to like to build my stations with multi-level (8) parking on one side with a ped bridge to parking over a road and on the other side, taxi space. 

This looks great and am to amazed at the level of detail. 

art128

Very modern... I like it!
The previous one was also brilliant, specially considering it's a W2W model!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Very nice indeed!  &apls

The roof structure along with the elevated rail tracks reminds me of Tilburg station.  :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Andreas

It's a bit funny to see such a modern station for an "old-fashioned" elevated railway, but that one would look awesome for monorail or HSR. Would you consider to make an L2 version as well? :) I really like the design, and the number of stations for these networks is rather low...
Andreas

Unconstantean

It would be amazing if you could do them for L2. :D

mattb325

Thanks, I'd always intended for this model to be an L2 as well, even if at this height it really does remind me of a star-wars prop (which was the inspiration) ;)

Girafe

I love this last one  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kbieniu7

Awesome models, matt! I don't visit your topic too often, but whenever I enter there, I see a bunch of great work!  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

matias93

Wow, all of those stairs!! IIRC, this is the second 15m transit building to include realistic stairs (the first being the Chicago' L stations included in the NAM), so that's a realism achievethat of its own (and a good motivation for lazy Sims to prefer the elevators  :D )

By the way, I remember that Eggman devised a more modern looking draggable ERRW set, but maybe that was only a feasibility experiment...

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Akallan

Beautiful work! Modern stations are always good for the content of the game! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

mattb325

Thanks guys

An 'ye olde worlde' L1 Terminus to add to this pile of stations ;)