• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacky Worm

What map is that? Looks very realistic.

blade2k5

Quote from: mike3775 on January 10, 2012, 03:16:23 PM
I doubt I get much farther than the original 4 cities before I blow it all up and start over.  I actually did get that map here though, I like it, it has some nice rolling hills and it generally easy to lay transit on, plus I got used to the ennodi slope mod finally(I forced myself to get used to it) and I now like it as well.

I'm glad you liked it...the map that is.  Have fun with it. :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

mike3775

Quote from: blade2k5 on April 23, 2012, 04:27:27 PM
I doubt I get much farther than the original 4 cities before I blow it all up and start over.  I actually did get that map here though, I like it, it has some nice rolling hills and it generally easy to lay transit on, plus I got used to the ennodi slope mod finally(I forced myself to get used to it) and I now like it as well.

Its a nice map.  I assume you made it and I have to say, great job, its by far my favorite map to use.  I do modify it sometimes to add more rivers in the tiles I like to use in order to get high ferry usage but its a very easy map to play on.

blade2k5

Quote from: mike3775 on April 23, 2012, 07:55:25 PM
Quote from: blade2k5 on April 23, 2012, 04:27:27 PM

Its a nice map.  I assume you made it and I have to say, great job, its by far my favorite map to use.  I do modify it sometimes to add more rivers in the tiles I like to use in order to get high ferry usage but its a very easy map to play on.

Yeah, I made it a couple of years ago.  It was kinda cool to see someone show publicly that they're using one of my favorite maps. :)

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

ESTERNOCLEIDOMASTOIDEO

Could it be The Biggest Simcity Region in "Construction"? :-\

size 24 x 24 large cities
population goal: 500 000 000 inhabitants &hlp
overall development: 25% of the whole region
Current Population: 19 854 565

Well I always wanted to show my region project
But sadly I may not finish in time, since Simcity 5 may be released in 2013 , However I would try my best to finish it
Lets continue....
This is Carson Oceaside Metropolitanian Area as many of you haved seem. :o :o

and this are some other pictures from a close up view of my region

Oh well this is it, and awesome regions by the way!   :D :thumbsup:

rooker1

Very impressive, I like it. 
You should consider opening an MD here so we can following along with your work.  I'm many would be interested in a region this size.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

mrbisonm

My contribution to this thread: This is one of my older maps that I started some years ago and still play on it from time to time. It is also the "Capitol" of my MD/CJ story, "The Winding River Project" here on SC4D.
The regional population is at 4.3 Million at the moment.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

WannGLondon

Sometimes I just sit and stare at my growing region.....    ._.

Come visit, yeah?  :)
Call me Warren.

catty

Quote from: WannGLondon on May 16, 2012, 08:01:33 PM
Sometimes I just sit and stare at my growing region.....    ._.

it gets better each time I see it   &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

GMT

Quote from: rooker1 on May 03, 2012, 06:41:40 AM
You should consider opening an MD here so we can following along with your work.  I'm many would be interested in a region this size.

Robin &apls

I second that idea. Would totally love to see more of this incredible region

anyway, here's my current project... fresh out of the fryi... uhm... yeh... whatever

pretty naked yet except the wood work (which I know looks artifical around the edges, but that doesn't matter yet, gonna change anyway once mankind discovers this pearl

... really, it is. I swear.

jonno

I started working on a 2nd region a few months ago and here is what I have so far.  I never could really decide on a terrain mod, so I have just stuck with this one.  The areas covered with city are about the only flat parts.  Typically, I don't build skyscraper cities, but because of the limited space I had tried to get a few office buildings in.  Once a few popped up, they wouldn't stop, so the city in the corner has gotten a little out of hand.  Still trying to figure out where I can put an airport.

And, so as not to forget about my first region, here is one of my favourite parts:

catty

Quote from: jonno on May 18, 2012, 05:25:14 PM
I started working on a 2nd region a few months ago and here is what I have so far. 

&apls

Hi ESTERNOCLEIDOMASTOIDEO

Quote from: rooker1 on May 03, 2012, 06:41:40 AM

Robin &apls

I too would love to see more of your region    :thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

GMT

Quote from: jonno on May 18, 2012, 05:25:14 PM
[...] I never could really decide on a terrain mod, so I have just stuck with this one. [...]
[...] Still trying to figure out where I can put an airport.

what about a terrain mod with a little less of that flashy green and therefore more character around the mountain tops? appalacian, missouri breaks or italian maybe?
as for the airport, from the area visible I guess a small one at the coastal area, like the lower middle of this pic

... really, it is. I swear.

sc-4

Call me Ludo

catty

Quote from: sc-4 on May 19, 2012, 05:38:04 AM
There is mine :

It would look slightly better if the trees didn't go in lines but apart from that a very well deserved   &apls

sepen77

That's the problem with the moisture maps: They aren't seemless. All the moisture just has to be on the west side of the city tiles.  &mmm
~ Sepen77

Evillions8

A region filled with more than a year's worth of work.  So much detail and time put into each tile.  Please click the link below if you want to see it fully.

I don't know if I can resize images from here or not.

RBC