• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evillions8

Quote from: marsh on March 12, 2011, 05:08:26 PM
Click for full-size

Photoshopped.  :P  But still that's awesome!  &apls

Here's my recent one, again it's a very WIP, so much to edit and add.

http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv174/Indexdude/?action=view&current=OuterOnubis-2.jpg

*The link is the full sized version

Dexist

Here is my first created region with terraformer

SlimShady

Love that map, Evillions8. What map is it and what terrain mod did you use?

Risu

Quote from: SlimShady on April 02, 2011, 10:48:25 AM
Love that map, Evillions8. What map is it and what terrain mod did you use?
Looks like the original Maxis terrain, but I can see some diagonal jagged edges.

Dantes

Please click on the image and it is larger.

My region Totori from my MD. I change the current forest cover.

wwvictory

i would love to post region shots, but it seems whenever i exit cites back into region mode, it just shows a blank tile? has anyone encountered this before and knows how to fix it?

io_bg

Quote from: wwvictory on April 04, 2011, 03:07:55 AM
i would love to post region shots, but it seems whenever i exit cites back into region mode, it just shows a blank tile? has anyone encountered this before and knows how to fix it?
While your city is saving, you shouldn't open any other windows on top of SC4, otherwise you'll have a blank tile again.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

rusummer1

Here's mine still not done though.
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

Risu

Quote from: io_bg on April 04, 2011, 03:26:16 AM
While your city is saving, you shouldn't open any other windows on top of SC4, otherwise you'll have a blank tile again.
Oh, whoops. That certainly helps me too. Luckily the cities themselves don't vanish, but it still looks odd. :-[

art128

rusummer1 - that's a pretty nice region you're working on actually ! my only advise could be to enlarge the water arrival at the north if you want big boats to come to the port located little north of the downtown. Otherwise that's a fantastic region view !
If you haven't done yet, you should really open a MD over here, because I do really want to see more of this downtown and suburbs !  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kodlovag

Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

samerton

@ kodlovag: Wow! I love the way that the farms weave around the small rivers and the mountains.

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

aragornjdl

rusummer1 - Very nice region!  :thumbsup: I hope to achieve a similar kind of vast, realistic suburban sprawl in my current region. Do you plan to have farms farther out?

kodlovag -  &apls Beautiful rural scenery! How long did it take you to do all that? The irregular farms, winding roads, forested patches and plopwater rivers all take a lot of patience! Also, what are those distinctive yellow farms?

rusummer1

Thanks art128 and aragornjdl. I do plan to have farms eventually and I'll definitely post more pictures of the region and cities, I don't know about an MD though. I'll think about it.
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

kodlovag

Quote from: aragornjdl on April 05, 2011, 12:12:53 PM
kodlovag -  &apls Beautiful rural scenery! How long did it take you to do all that? The irregular farms, winding roads, forested patches and plopwater rivers all take a lot of patience! Also, what are those distinctive yellow farms?

Thanks
Well, it was a lot of time to make that small part of the region. I created the region in August last year. But the region was completely abandoned for 4 months, when I made the USL mod.
The yellow farms are a tiny self made mod. I changed one of the brown Maxis farm texture to a yellow BSC farm texture. Less ugly brown, more colorful, looks much better. The close zooms are nice too.
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

Kergelen

This is the region I'm working on.  :)

Links to SC4 websites

SlimShady

I just love that map. Which one is it?

Kergelen

Is a mixed map. The southern part (lake, river and coast) is made by me with terraformer. And the northern part is a mixed between diferents parts from a map I downloaded from Simtropolis.
If you like mountains just search in Simtropolis maps from Alps. Just put Alps, and you will get lots of them.  :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

RickD

Kergelen, this must be one of the best maps I've ever seen.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)