• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Still a lot of work to do in Santa Barbara County.  ;)

Click image for full size (~3 Mb)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

psander5

Wow!  I mostly just lurk on SC4D, but that picture forces me to write these words of praise...

That Santa Barbara map is gorgeous in itself.  It looks perfect with that terrain mod and trees.  You've got a great region going there.  It looks about as realistic as SimCity can get.  A real feast for the eyes. Thanks for sharing it!

Rionescu

I agree, that region is just great! Besides what psander5 said, I also like how you have areas in your city that are undeveloped because there are hills or something. It makes it a lot more realistic.

marsh

Evillions8

A very WIP region, the SC4 Terraformer really [insert swear word] my region.  As a result, I wasn't able to load any other cities but one. :angrymore:  So I was lucky that I was able to revive two cities from my previous region into this.  So yeah, that's why there is some rough edges and I have to make EVERYTHING by hand. :(  Again, what I mean by WIP, I mean that some areas in this map is disappear or added.  For example, the bottom left corner tile will be deleted because I didn't like the results.  Any suggestions are welcome! 

io_bg

Here's the region I've been working on for about 5 months

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Terring7

My Martian colonies of my M.D. :)

(The region is not mine $%Grinno$% )
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

SCWTC4

2 pictures from Easton.
the region it's the same of Hijackley's "Greater Terrain Region", but obviously the city is 100% mine  ;D

region view:

transportation network:
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Risu

Very nice take on Jhpolito's Eaton! We all love that region....

Btw, I look at your transit map and I wonder where you get the FAR-angled Maxis highways?

SCWTC4

i have no FAR-angled maxis highways.
what you see it's just a good use of the standard curves, the illusion of FAR-angled roads comes from the region view itself.

by now i've used FAR pieces only for RHW and some railroads
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

marsh

Cierzo

@marsh: impressive region you have there :o I like how the cities spread along the coastline and flow along the rivers; very realistic indeed

samerton

@ marsh:o That is one amazing region. I love the way the city is built in harmony with the countryside. &apls
@ Buzzit:  Marsh or the creator of the map has edited the config.bmp which is found in the region folder in My Documents to a bigger size.

marsh

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

FrankU

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Skimbo

The actual status of my MD region (Dragon Islands)

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

jmyers2043

Hey Skimbo - that is a very cool region you're working on. Even I can see the Dragon.  :D 
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)