• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earth quake

jonno

Ok, I have finished expanding my region.  I'm sure I'll make lots of small changes, add some more rivers / streams, but the general shape is finished.  I'll add some more trees once I find a suitable tree controller.  The before picture is on the previous page of this thread.  For a larger image click on this link:  http://yfrog.com/0skrestwayj

Earth quake

Impressive region, i really like the mountain on the west.

RBC

A new region I startet working on earlier this week. This is a downscaled (and slightly cutted) version of NHP's Omaha map from Simtropolis. It's my plan to recreat the real Omaha City - starting with the main roads and streams. Initialy I started with NHP's original sized map, which fitted perfectly to the RHW-system, but the population grew all to big. Instead of 9x7 it's 4x4 big tiles, which I think is mutch better. Not for the realism, but 10 people in a suburben house isn't realistic anyways, and in a city with almost nothing else than suburbia, it would grow way to big (as mentioned before). I have to use the maxis highways (else the interchanges would grow far to big), but that's the only minus.

There's still a looong way to go, but this could end up pretty good:

adroman

Excellent regions guys!

My region shot:

Not nearly finished, part of my quasi-recreation MD
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

djvandrake

SeanSC4

Here is the region I'm currently working on. It's 16x16 large tiles in size. I'm very happy with how the coastlines turned out considering I drew them by hand. Currently I'm working on the three major mountain ranges using SC4Terraformer. The mesa area is still in it's infancy stages and will look much better once I add some spires and roughness to the mesas along with some talus slopes at their bases.

A much larger version is available here if anyone is curious: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6631/apexsquaredlarge.jpg

Shadow Assassin

That's impressive, especially since it's so large and has a hell of a lot of variety in terrain. Did you hand-craft that or use good ol' Photoshop?

Anyway, latest region view:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

emgmod

It's a bit expanded to the South, and it needs more farm Plugins.

tag_one

SeanSC4

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on November 11, 2009, 08:08:29 PM
That's impressive, especially since it's so large and has a hell of a lot of variety in terrain. Did you hand-craft that or use good ol' Photoshop?

The coastline was drawn by hand in Photoshop since I find the use of a tablet far more organic to the end result. I'm not too happy with the mesa area and plan to rework it. The Canyonlands map is such an inspiration that I want to really make something special in that area of the map. The mountains are a handcrafted work in progress for the most part. It's a constant switch between using SC4Terraformer and SC4 ingame tools. I like the end results best when I use the ingame tools for mountains but SC4Terraformer is a necessity for keeping everything looking proper across city tiles.

Earth quake

Adroman: great region.
SeanSC4: excellent work at photoshop for the terrain mod. :thumbsup:
Shadow Assasin: nice overview.
emgomod: looking beautiful region.

KoV Liberty

This is my last region shot that I ever showed.

And here is the newest.

And you can sort-of tell that I DL'ed a new water mod.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Quote from: SeanSC4 on November 10, 2009, 09:07:36 AM
Here is the region I'm currently working on. It's 16x16 large tiles in size. I'm very happy with how the coastlines turned out considering I drew them by hand. Currently I'm working on the three major mountain ranges using SC4Terraformer. The mesa area is still in it's infancy stages and will look much better once I add some spires and roughness to the mesas along with some talus slopes at their bases.

A much larger version is available here if anyone is curious: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6631/apexsquaredlarge.jpg

Why does part of the far bottom left look a lot like Eastern Shores and Hampton Raods?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

SeanSC4

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on November 28, 2009, 03:52:04 PM
Why does part of the far bottom left look a lot like Eastern Shores and Hampton Roads?

Well I love the geography of those areas and certainly took them to heart on that portion of the map. I love the look and feel of various aspects of that section of the eastern seaboard of the US. The eventual goal is to have some nicely developed resort areas there along what are to be sand bars and beaches. Below it is a loose tribute to the Mississippi delta area.

The region as a whole is a combination of freeform creativity combined with a few ideas pulled from areas found in the real world. I figure I'll have far more fun building cities and towns if I don't have to fret about how poorly I make rivers of my own for instance.

darraghf

All of the maps look great guys. I wish I had the patience to to anything of the likes
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

LN

well, this is my first region, i have made it two years ago. it took about 3 months to build. population - 6.500.000
From Russia With Love

LN

its my second region "Raven's gate city". not finished yet. took 1500 hours to build. population - 17.500.000
(i think its biggest region ever created)
From Russia With Love

tag_one

Only 1500 hours :o :o I was expecting a big region, but this is huge  &apls &apls &apls

Earth quake

17 500 000 inhabitant.  :o
Your region is really impressive.