• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Started by Masochist, November 18, 2006, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

I do ;)

I still have problems flying however (read as: I use autopliot whenever possible). Also, during an approach it sometimes happens (especially in Airbus planes and the POSKY 777) when I try to tune the NAV-1 frequency for the ILS approach, I can only tune it to a range of 1kHz (or in whatever it is measured). I'll explain it with an example: the NAV-1 is set to default at 130,00 kHz, in this case I can only tune it from 130,00 kHz to 130,95 kHz. If I try to tune any further, it reverts back to 130,00 kHz. Does anyone else have this problem?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

bob56

I've had the same, problem, but I can solve usually by messing with where your pointer is in relation to the knob. certain areas of the knob are more touchy than others.
(or, you could just use the ATC button and, go to 'nearest airports list', and select the airport, and have it auto-tune the radio.
--Grif
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

WC_EEND

Quote from: bob56 on January 10, 2010, 08:14:44 AM
(or, you could just use the ATC button and, go to 'nearest airports list', and select the airport, and have it auto-tune the radio.
--Grif

yeah, but when you fly a flight plan (IFR) you don't have that option do you?

My LOT thread                                    

bob56

I don't really fly IFR that much, so I will have to check. I'll get back and edit this post later today.

Edit:just finished an IFR flight, it is possible to simply click on the airport on the ATC menu. It isn't under nearest airports, but when the approach voice tells you to switch frequencies, the option becomes available:
here's a pic:

You can call me Grif

WC_EEND

Okay, thanks already for helping me with this.  Also I noticed you use the 2D cockpit, I always fly with VC, could the NAV-1 problem mentioned above be caused by only flying in VC?

My LOT thread                                    

bob56

maybe. I've always used the 2d cockpit because I can actually see all the gauges, so it might be a VC thing.

--Grif
You can call me Grif

sc-4

Hi all ,
81 shots of Danny garnier F-16D (aviable on simviation) , over Death Valley with Tile Proxy (1m/pixel) , ENB Series configured by myself , I take that shots with real weather and at dawn :
http://cid-5d6c161b60813adc.skydrive.live.com/play.aspx/FSX/F-16D%20Death%20Valley?ref=1
Comments please .

Call me Ludo

[Delta ²k5]

Nice shots  :thumbsup:

Here are some shots made by me:

City Builder

Nice shots, thanks for sharing.

I don't know what's happened to my FSX +Accelleration but since putting it on Windows 7, the performance is fantastic, however even on Ultra High settings some of the VC cockpits look absolutely abysmal, with round knobs being like 8 sided octagons instead of nice and smooth and textures being like taking a jpg image and reducing it to 20% quality.  Anybody have a clue what's going on?

On the goodside though I can now achieve 40~ fps on ultra high settings and when the cockpit isn't look horrible it looks great.  It seems it's just some of the planes that look so horrible and they came with the game, makes me wonder if there was some kind of extra texture pack that I should be downloading to get the high quality textures maybe, I don't recall having to do that for FSX and Accelleration when it used to be installed on my vista computer though.

Thanks, I hope I didn't hijack this thread any, figured it's a general FSX thread so...
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

[Delta ²k5]

sounds kinda strange to me... What type of 7 are you using? 32 or 64 bit? I know that some strange things can happen with a 64 bit system (black gauges for example).

Anyway... I took a ride on a mustang yesterday:

RickD

Wow! Are those pictures photoshopped? I never had such amazing colors in my FSX.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

[Delta ²k5]

No, they are not. It's just a combination of some graphic mods: ENB Series (introduced for GTA San Andreas, but also works in FS9 and FSX [bloom and adaptive lighting - freeware]) and Real Environment X v2.0 (payware, aka REX :P) Also the Cessna Citation Mustang is Payware made by Flight One and worth it's money ;) everything is straight of fsx, nothing has been photoshoped :thumbsup:

anyway... Grüße aus NRW :P

RickD

Hey, thanks. I need to get this.
I am not much into expansions for FSX until now. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate. ::)
I got Tileproxy after reading about it here in this Thread. I am getting mixed results, though.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Highrise99

I love FSX!  I have no piloting related questions, but how do you create a new aircraft?

null45

With the SDK included on CD 1 of the Deluxe Edition, which has a Gmax Game pack buried in the Modeling SDK sub folder.  :D

WC_EEND

thanks for telling that, I didn't even know that  :D

My LOT thread                                    

Highrise99

Quote from: null45 on July 13, 2010, 09:48:46 PM
With the SDK included on CD 1 of the Deluxe Edition, which has a Gmax Game pack buried in the Modeling SDK sub folder.  :D
I have deluxe edition, but what is the SDK?  I know how to do gmax modeling, but is there a tutorial on how to create a good, finished model, as far as setting up the cockpit functionality, animations, etc?  By animations, I refer to the landing gear, flaps, etc.

null45

The SDK (Software Developers Kit) contains the tools and documentation to create new Aircraft, Terrain, Missions, Special Effects etc.

There is a Gmax Douglas Dc3 sample model on MSDN, why this was not included in the SDK with the 3dsMax version I have no idea.  ::)

As for modeling tutorials the only one I know of is located here at Simviation

Highrise99

Thanks for the clarification, but where can I find the SDK?  I tried inserting the disk, and yes, it was disk one :thumbsup:, into the CD Drive, but all I got was the installation wizard.  Then, I tried clicking on the D Drive in My Computer, and the wizard came up again. &mmm

City Builder

Quote from: Highrise99 on July 16, 2010, 06:54:58 PM
Thanks for the clarification, but where can I find the SDK?  I tried inserting the disk, and yes, it was disk one :thumbsup:, into the CD Drive, but all I got was the installation wizard.  Then, I tried clicking on the D Drive in My Computer, and the wizard came up again. &mmm

That sounds like you've got your system setup to open up the autorun files upon browsing your cd/dvd drives.  Try accessing it through the windows explorer instead or change that setting so that it doesn't automatically start the auto run program/file when you access the drive (unless of course you like it to do that, personally I'd rather the computer ask me each time that I insert a disk what I want to do with it).

When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!