• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Playing Simcity in Command and Conquer

Started by Terring7, September 13, 2012, 04:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

Many Command and Conquer games have already or support an external map editor to make your battlefields. You can even make cities for urban wars, with soldiers garrisoning apartment buildings and tanks fighting in the streets. If you already made urban maps for C&C games, feel free to show us.

I have Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge with C&C: Reloaded mod, so my cities will have a touch of Tiberian Sun as well. This is Limnoupolis (Lake City in Greeks). The map itself already exist in game, but I'm going to make plenty of modifications. I removed everything the map had and add some details. More pictures are coming soon.

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

vortext

So. . .how does this work exaclty?  I'm not familiar with Command and Conquer. Does it has an actual simulator or is this all eye-candy, so to speak. And what are those fluorescent green flag thingies?  ???

Looks like fun though.  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Haljackey

Needs more gatling guns and prism towers  :D

McBurger Kong was always my favorite building to garrison :P

Terring7

vortext: Command and Conquer (1995 - 2013) is a series of strategy games, all about fighting with exotic weaponry. You are a general who leads his troops to the victory, by building bases and accomplishing missions. Help the Allies to protect the democracy, or lead the Soviet to spread the Communism in the Solar System. Help the mysterious Brotherhood of Nod to "evolve" the human race or lead the G.D.I. forces to stop them. C&C is a truly diamond, with plenty of videos, missions, units and stories.

In some of those games you can make your own battlefields for missions or just for multiplayer fun. This includes city settings, with troops and tanks fighting in streets and demolishing buildings. I'm working on an urban battlefield, with plenty of buildings to garrison and destroy ;D

As about the green stuff. In Red Alert saga, you need to collect ore and gems to build your economy. In Tiberium saga, you need to collect green and blue Tiberium crystals for the same reason. I have a mod however that fuse the above sagas ;D

Haljackey: And Tesla coils. Never underestimate them, especially with Tesla troops close to them ;D ;D
The Choice is Ours
---

whatevermind

Reminds me of good ol' days playing Streets of SimCity, with a souped up car with a couple of missile launchers, on the custom tracks we would make specifically for blowing things up during high speed shootouts.  I guess you can UDI a tank or something in SC4 to the same effect, but it's just not as much fun.  Besides, you couldn't beat Streets of SimCity's soundtrack.

gn_leugim

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

gn_leugim

Terring7

Almost done. Now all I need is to add some vehicles and make them running around the city. They can be useful as practising targets :D

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Back again, in a new project this time. Those days I'm building a new urban battlefield called Midtown Madness. This time the city will not be a collection of buildings, but a truly realistic city... at least as realistic as I want ;D . All the buildings of the city can be destroyed. Most of them can be garrisoned by soldiers and open fire in anything close to them, while others can be captures by engineers for useful bonuses.

This is my base. I'm using the Allied Forces because of their SpySat Uplink, which reveals the map.

The map can support 4 players. The players will begin in the corners of the map, with plenty of empty space to build their bases. They can also add troops to the bunkers for extra protection and sent engineers to capture the oil refineries for extra cash. There is also plenty of blue tiberium to harvest, protected by walls. Enemy tanks however can easily destroy the walls and attack to your harvesters.

To make this map, I'm using my skills in Simcity. The map is for now empty. More roads and building will be added soon. Were we can see 3 power plants to give energy to the city. However you can also order your engineers to capture them. Protect the nuclear reactor, if you don't want a nuclear meltdown.

This is a small industrial facility. It contain a factory, 2 large warehouses, a smaller one and an industrial plant.

Here is a school, with a small yard and some school buses. No kids will harmed during the battles.

The city is alive... short of. Older buildings demolished here and some excavators are cleaning out the mess, to make room for new buildings. There is also a graveyard close to it.

Do you like my airport? I tried to make it realistic and still compact enough. One of the buildings can be captured to bring reinforcements and build A-10 bombers.

A police station, with parked police cars.

A space centre. Yes, a space centre! You can't capture the launch pad, but you can capture the satellite antenna to reveal the map. You can also capture the secret laboratory to unlock a new unit.

This is a hospital. Capture it and your infantry units will autoheal. Just like the above facilities, the hospital will also has a gate... now destroyed by special agent Tanya :D

And finally a baseball stadium, with it's own parking lot.

I want to make this map a truly realistic city. Is there anything else you want me to add? Maybe a fire station and a green park will be nice. Anything else?
The Choice is Ours
---

gn_leugim

nice work. I have to show this to a friend who is a C&C RA2 fan :p

Terring7

More pictures from Midtown Madness, my urban battlefield for Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge: C&C Reloaded. Most of the emptiness is filled by roads and buildings, but there is still work to be done.

Here is a small G.D.I. outpost. You can capture it with engineers to add some G.D.I. technology you your arsenal, like Titans and Jump jet infantry. If you can, send spies to get in the buildings and steal technologies to upgrade your units. You can even send mind controllers and capture some of the parked vehicles, including a Goliath walker.

Here is a small drive-in cinema, with cars watching a cartoon movie.

Here we can see 2 gas stations and a machine shop. Capture the machine shop and all your vehicles will auto repaired.

Here is a small historical park, with a statue in the middle. Maybe the mayor of the city?

Are you hungry? If yes, here is a good place to eat.

Have a rest in our fine hotel. Have a swim in our pool as well.

This is the central computer of the city, calculating all the aspects and providing ideas and solutions. Some people however believe that this computer is actually the central core of C.A.B.A.L..

Almost all buildings are surrounded by small parks, so how about a larger park with a lake at it? Amphibious units will like it.

Poor people are living in those mobile homes.

And this is where concerts are take place.

Here is a small T.V. station. You can capture the main building, but for now it's useless. Maybe I'll try to edit it a bit to make it useful.

Close to the stadium we can see a small football field and the Opera House of Sydney.

And finally a touch of U.S.A.. Libraries, monuments and the skyscrapers of the W.T.C.

More stuff are coming soon.
The Choice is Ours
---

Swordmaster

Looks better than a certain upcoming city builder. . .

Do they have rail in there?

Cheers
Willy

threestooges

It looks like the area is starting to fill in. Have you tried a battle there yet?
-Matt

Piteri

FinalSun and the RA2 counterpart doesn't come with the original game.
Looks good.

-TS Mapper

Terring7

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 30, 2012, 10:01:38 AMLooks better than a certain upcoming city builder. . .

Do they have rail in there?

Thanks :) . Red Alert 2 doesn't have railroads, but Tiberian Sun does. A solution is to make a T.S. map with railroads and make it available in R.A.2, something like this...

Quote from: threestooges on December 30, 2012, 11:44:04 AMIt looks like the area is starting to fill in. Have you tried a battle there yet?

Yes, a lot of them. I always test the map after any addition, just to make sure that everything will be O.K.
And by the way, the city is unfinished and I already have a lot of fun ;D

Quote from: Piteri on December 30, 2012, 12:28:04 PMFinalSun and the RA2 counterpart doesn't come with the original game.
Looks good.

Thanks :) . It's true, T.S. and R.A.2 doesn't come with the map editors as well. You need to search them and download them.
The Choice is Ours
---

noahclem

Great progress! Looks like a lot of fun  ;D