• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_Waters

manga rivotra

I am delighted to see new wonders from you, this time Ancient Wonders;)
Not a surprise this is brilliant !  &apls &apls &apls
I will always remember the shock I felt seeing your first update, Lake Bogoria. Everything was there already: precision, creativity, intelligence and tru art simply.
And it is since that day that I look forward to your entrance to the Hall of Fame, where among the outstanding your talent is still out of the ordinary. My look on this game has changed thanks to you and I probably love it even more.
Thank you for everything !  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Wonderful  &apls   ;D  Have to say the Colossus is my favorite as well. Too bad that dang oracle said not to rebuild the thing.

korver

- UPDATE 104: The Himalayas -

Today, we're taking an epic trip through the roof of the world - the majestic Himalayan mountains. It's one of the world's most imposing and beautiful regions - few places across the globe can compare. We'll start off in the outer Himalayas first, with a visit to the Tibetan capital of Lhasa - its iconic Potala Palace is home to the Dalai Lama and has been a spectacular sight to behold for centuries. From there, we'll travel south through Bhutan and into India and Nepal - getting to take in some of the region's most impressive peaks like mighty Mount Everest. After continuing to travel westwards, we'll finally reach Pakistan towards the end of the update where we'll come face to face with the world's deadliest mountain, K2. Enjoy!

Kangchenjunga - India / Nepal Border
8,586m tall, the world's 3rd tallest mountain.

Makalu - China / Nepal Border
8,485m tall - the world's 5th tallest mountain.

One of the Himalaya's most dramatic man made sights - the cliffside Tiger's Nest Monastery in Pako, Bhutan.

We spend the night in the nearby Bhutanese capital city of Thimphu before continuing our journey.

Cho Oyu - China / Nepal Border
8,188m tall - the world's 6th tallest mountain.

Mount Everest / Sagarmatha / Chomolungma - China / Nepal Border
8,848m tall - the world's tallest mountain.
Also visible is Lhotse - 8,516m tall, the world's 4th tallest mountain.

A closeup of the legendary summit of Mount Everest.

Manaslu - Nepal
8,163m tall - the world's 8th tallest mountain.

Annapurna I - Nepal
8,091m tall - the world's 10th tallest mountain.

One of the most important cities in the region, the Nepalese capital of Kathmandu is filled with timeless temples like the Nyatapola. Even after major earthquakes in 1833, 1934, and 2015 - it still stands tall, a testament to its sturdy construction.

Dhaulagiri I - Nepal
8,167m tall - the world's 7th tallest mountain.

Nanga Parbat - Pakistan
8,126m tall - the world's 9th tallest mountain.

The landscapes of rural Pakistan can be especially beautiful.

A view of the central Karakorums - not too far from our final destination.

When traveling through the Himalayas, a blizzard is the last thing you want to get stuck in. Fortunately, it passes over our base camp quickly - and we'll be approaching the summit soon of one of the world's deadliest mountains..

K2 / Chhogori / Godwin Austen - Pakistan / China Border
8,611m tall - the world's 2nd tallest mountain.
Also visible at the bottom right of the picture is Broad Peak - 8,051m tall, the world's 12th tallest mountain.

Attributes for the photographs used in this update:

Makalu and Chamlang, CCBYSA2.0, Craig Taylor | Cho Oyu, CCBYSA3.0, Mark Horrell | Mount Everest as seen from Drukair2 PLW edit, CCBYSA2.0, original by shrimpo1967 & derivative by Papa Lima Whiskey 2 | Manaslu view from Timang, CCBYSA3.0, Solundir | Way to Annapurna Base Camp, CCBYSA4.0, Trilok Shrivastava | Dhaulagiri - view from aircraft, CCBYSA3.0, Sergey Ashmarin | Nanga Parbat The Killer Mountain, CCBYSA3.0, Tahsin Anwar Ali | Baltoro glacier from air, CCBYSA2.0, KhRizwani | K-2 and Virgin peak, CCBYSA4.0, Guilhem Vellut | Each photograph has the same license as the original, was resized, sharpened/blurred, and given a filter, border and vignette.

-korver

---

Replies:

dyoungyn: Thanks for the nice words! Glad you enjoyed the update :)

fantozzi: Thank you very much for the praise and kind words - appreciate the comment :)

art128: Thanks for the kind words! :thumbsup:

mattb325: Thank you very much - glad you liked the Rhodes scene! :)

Alan_Waters: Thank you very much for the comment! :thumbsup:

manga rivotra: Thanks for the kind words - much appreciated! I'm really glad to hear how much you've enjoyed my updates over the years - glad to hear that I've served as an inspiration as well :thumbsup: Thanks for all of your support!

noahclem: Thank you very much for the nice words :)

Seaman

[The glaciers... clouds... so real... but how...?]

wooooowwww!

oh korver, your trips around the world do pack some emotions! :)

PaPa-J

Truly fantastic, very awe inspiring.  Love your work.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Themistokles

Just as stunning and epic as ever! :o
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

korver

- UPDATE 105: China -

Today, we're taking a trip to one of the world's most beautiful countries - China. The landscapes, landmarks, and natural features here and truly extraordinary - and I'll be showcasing some of the country's best in this update.

We'll begin with a look at one of the world's most famous landmarks - the legendary Great Wall of China. Constructed nearly 3,000 years ago to keep out invaders from the north, much of it still stands today and is one of the country's most iconic destinations.

China's rural areas are among the world's most beautiful - and the landscapes of Guilin seem like they're out of this world. With massive, dramatic limestone hills surrounding picturesque Chinese farmland - any trip here is incredible.

Another one of China's most beautiful rural features are the stunning rice terraces of Yuanyang County. They snake and maze around the mountainsides for as far as the eye can see - and can come in just about any color imaginable, making for an extraordinary sight.

Xi'an's Terracotta Army is another one of the country's cant-miss destinations. Over two millennia ago, China's Emperor Qin had an entire army - over 7,000 life size soldiers, horses, and more - built and buried with him to protect him in the afterlife.

Another one of China's most spectacular natural landmarks can be found in Zhangjiajie, a city in the northwest of China's Hunan province. This protected zone encompasses the famed Wulingyuan Scenic Area which contains thousands of jagged quartzite sandstone columns, many of which rise over 200m, as well as caves filled with stalactites and stalagmites. Wulingyuan also encompasses forests, rivers, waterfalls and 2 large natural land bridges, as well as endangered plant and animal species.

The Forbidden City is one of the country's most iconic landmarks and is a popular tourist destination in the heart of the country's capital, Beijing. This former Chinese imperial palace was built in the 15th century for the Ming emperors and covers over 180 acres - and today is one of the world's largest museums.

A special administrative region of China, Hong Kong has one of the country's (and the world's) most impressive skylines. At nighttime though is when the entire city truly comes to life.

We'll conclude the trip with a visit to one of the country's largest and most important cities - Shanghai. This center of finance and business has grown rapidly since its days as a small colonial port city and now has one of the world's most stunning CBDs - with the centerpiece being the 2,073 foot tall Shanghai Tower, the country's tallest building.

-korver

art128

Absolutely stunning update!!!

The rice terraces has to be one of the most beautiful SC4 picture I have ever seen.  &apls &apls

Please tell me there will be a full update on Beijing and Hong-Kong..  ;D

800 Replies, congrats!  &apls &dance
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Wow. All seven pictures are extraordinary, but the first four just blow my mind  :o The great wall, the terracotta army..... but how did you get those rice terraces so perfect?!!! Amazing  :satisfied:

PaPa-J

The work you do is spectacular Korver.  Tell me how the great wall was done.  Is it a lot or mmp or what?  It really is incredible.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Themistokles

Wow! :o :o :o

Those rice fields, I can't even imagine how you made them... ???
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

korver

- UPDATE 106: Middle East -

Today, we're taking a trip to the Middle East and visiting some of the region's most incredible sights - from stunning skylines, quaint villages, dramatic landscapes, and much more - there's plenty here to keep you in awe.

We'll begin the trip with a visit to one of the world's most iconic landmarks - the Pyramids of Giza. These legendary pyramids have stood tall for over 4,000 years and are the last remaining wonder of the Ancient World.

We travel into Israel for our next destination - the amazing cliffside monastery of Mar Saba. Built in the 5th century, this walled complex is the Judean Desert's largest monastery and is one of the region's most distinctive sights.

Another one of the region's most iconic sights are the ruins of Petra, Jordan. This rose colored city was built as early as the 5th century and flourished for centuries until it was mysteriously abandoned.

While much of the Middle East is barren desert and mountains - there's still plenty of fertile, cultivable landscape if you know where to look. Oman's Ghubrah Bowl is flanked by terraced farmland and small rural villages - making for a beautiful sight.

With the entire region being rich in oil reserves - refineries are a common sight in many parts of the Middle East.

The final destination in our trip is one of the world's most impressive cities - Dubai. The windsail-shaped Burj Al Arab stands 648 feet high over the coastline and is one of the city's most unique landmarks.

Few skylines on the face of the planet can compare to Dubai's - and the world's tallest building, the 2,717 foot tall Burj Dubai is truly a sight to behold.

-korver

Replies:

art128: Appreciate the nice words, thanks for commenting! I might do some more city updates later on so stay tuned ;)

mattb325: Thank you very much, glad you liked the update! The terraces along with a number of the other pics required some custom MMPs to get just right.

PaPa-J: Thanks for the kind words! The Great Wall is a series of custom models I made and placed them on overhanging 1x1 lots to use in the game.

Themistokles: Thanks for the comment - appreciate the nice words :)

mattb325

Those pics of Petra and Mar Saba....it's not even simcity anymore!  :o

korver

- UPDATE 107: World Tour -

For the final update of the the year, we're going on a trip around the globe - and experiencing some of the planet's most incredible cities, landmarks, villages, natural wonders, and much more. With 100 pictures in total, it's my largest update by far - so please sit back and enjoy the show! :)

Melbourne Birds-Eye
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Sydney by Night
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Uluru Aerial
Northern Territory, Australia

Auckland From Above
Auckland, New Zealand

Violent Volcanoes in New Zealand
Mount Ngauruhoe, North Island, New Zealand

A View from New Zealand's Glacier Country
Franz Josef Glacier, South Island, New Zealand

Traditional Housing in Rural Fiji
Navala Village, Fiji

Adamstown Aerial
Adamstown, Pitcairn Islands

Bungalows in Paradise
Bora Bora, French Polynesia

Bora Bora Birds-Eye
Bora Bora, French Polynesia

Autumn in Japan
Daigo-ji Temple, Kyoto, Japan

Midnight in Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan

Nighttime in Singapore
Downtown Singapore City

A View over Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A Cloudy Day at Chek Lap Kok
Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong SAR, China

A Rainy Day in Hong Kong
Hong Kong SAR, China

Wintertime at the Great Wall
Great Wall of China

Heavy Industry
Norilsk, Siberia, Russia

A View over Frozen Lake Baikal
Lake Baikal, Siberia, Russia

The Roof of the World
Mount Everest, Nepal/China Border

An Overview of the Taj Mahal
Agra, India

Nighttime at the Red Fort
Delhi, India

Dubai at Twilight
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Fortress in the Judean Desert
Masada, Israel

The Great Pyramids at Midnight
Giza, Egypt

The Ancient Temples of Abu Simbel
Aswan, Egypt

A Postcard from Tanzania

Sunset in the Townships
Rural South Africa

Lagos Rising
Eko Atlantic Project, Lagos, Nigeria

Nighttime at the Djinguereber Mosque
Timbuktu, Mali

Sunset in Chouara Tannery
Fez, Morocco

Market Day in Ghardaïa
Ghardaïa, Algeria

Bardaï Birds-Eye
Bardaï, Tibesti Region, Chad

Antarctica, the Land of Extremes
Paradise Bay, Antarctica

Copacabana by Night
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A Satellite View of Rio
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Dense Development in São Paulo's CBD
São Paulo, Brazil

Aerial View of the Pantanal
Pantanal Wetlands, Brazil

A View over the Falls
Iguazu Falls, Argentina/Brazil Border

A View of the Old Town
Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

A Patagonian Church
Puerto Varas, Chile

Whiteout over Cerro Torre
Southern Patagonian Ice Field, Chile

A Storm in the Southern Andes
Torres del Paine, Patagonian Chile

A View Over Patagonia
Southern Patagonian Ice Field, Argentina/Chile Border

A Nighttime View of Gran Torre Santiago
Santiago, Chile

The World's Most Dangerous Road
North Yungas Road, Bolivia

Farming the Hillsides
Rural Peru

Downpour at Machu Picchu
Andes Mountains, Peru

Cotopaxi Eruption
Andes Mountains, Ecuador

Jewel of the Andes
Lake Quilotoa, Ecuador

Sunrise in Ba񯳛/b]
Tungurahua Province, Central Ecuador

A City in the Jungle
Manaus, Brazil

A Look over Roraima
Mount Roraima, Venezuela/Brazil/Guyana Border

A Small Village in the Jungle
Rural Costa Rica

A Unique Wonder
Pitch Lake, Trinidad and Tobago

Mexico City Overview
Downtown Mexico City, Mexico

Sunset in LA
Central Los Angeles, California, USA

The Search Goes On
Kitt Peak, Arizona, USA

Glen Canyon Aerial
Northern Arizona, USA

Wintertime at the Grand Canyon
Northern Arizona, USA

A Winter Wonderland at Yellowstone
Grand Prismatic Spring, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA

Pierre Birds-Eye
Pierre, South Dakota, USA

Somewhere Along Route 66
Western USA

Endless Fields
Midwestern USA

Downtown San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas, USA

The Windy City
Chicago, Illinois, USA

A Look Over Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA

Downtown Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

A Cloudy Day in Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Montreal by Night
Montréal, Quebec, Canada

The Big Apple
Midtown Manhattan, New York, USA

Winter in NYC
Midtown Manhattan, New York, USA

A Rainy Day in Liverpool
Liverpool, England, UK

A Seaside Castle
Dunnottar Castle, Scotland, UK

A Scene from Rural England
Central England, UK

Heavy Rain at Stonehenge
Wiltshire, England, UK

A Scene From the Suburbs
London, England, UK

A Look Over Canary Wharf
London, England, UK

A View of Big Ben
London, England, UK

Springtime in Paris
Eiffel Tower, Paris, France

Low Tide at Mont Saint Michel
Normandy, France

The Grand Place
Brussels, Belgium

Modern Architecture
The Hague, The Netherlands

A Grand Cathedral
Cologne, Germany

Berlin By Night
Alexanderplatz, Berlin, Germany

A Night View of Prague
Prague, Czech Republic

Reflections on the Danube
Budapest, Hungary

Commieblocks in Belgrade
Belgrade, Serbia

Dusk in Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik, Croatia

The Colosseum by Night
Rome, Italy

A Cliffside City
Ronda, Spain

A Cliffside Castle in Portugal
Castle of Marvão, Portugal

A View Over the Gran Via
Madrid, Spain

150 Years in the Making
Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain

Farming in the French Alps
Chamonix, France

Contra Dam from Above
Verzasca, Switzerland

Skiing Down the Slopes
Swiss Alps

Blizzard over the Landwasser Viaduct
Swiss Alps

A Birds-Eye of Hallstatt
Hallstatt, Austria

Matterhorn Aerial
Swiss Alps

Thanks so much once again everyone for your support throughout 2018! Happy New Year SC4Devotion :)

-korver

mattb325: It's SC4 with a bunch of custom made BATs :) Thanks for the comment! :thumbsup:

dyoungyn

COMPLETELY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You really out-did yourself.  Love the creative re-creations of famous sites around our mother earth.  I must note that the Manhattan Skyline is changing every day and new "Skinny" scrapers are popping up every where in NYC. 

Alan_Waters

I am very surprised! A lot of creative work! Bravo! &apls &apls &apls
Baikal is amazing!  :thumbsup:

Badsim

Outrageously astounding , that's the only words  coming in mind at first .

Then , thinking ; if we didn't have some SC4 well known items , sometimes just here and there , we could think you have created a SC4-ification program to handle any real picture in a split second , a kind of filter . Whatever your technics , your explanations and the time you have to devote to this , your work and the amount of work become less and less understandable ... and that's precisely the point I enjoy the most ; while living in a world running after absolute transparency , mystery is the last interest , poesy and piquancy of  life . ( for me , at least but ... I'm getting old and have tendancy to talk nonsense . $%Grinno$% )

+1 , of course ... and welcome to your MD to its new nest . Better late than never . :P

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

pressus

New Year - new vision of the game ;)
This is great - a real artistic collection! &apls
SC4 has an interesting future all the time.
I congratulate the imagination, good taste and precision of workmanship.
Impossible becomes possible, creative and inspiring! It is a great feast for the eye.
I'd like to wish the author and all fans of the game a successful New Year! :thumbsup:
Sorry guys, I'll be here next week, so good luck!

Tyberius06

Well it's pretty heavy stuff... Beautiful world tour! Thanks for the Hungarian Parliment view! I love those mentioned reflections on the river. Budapest has amizing night view around the Danube.
Thank you very much this amazing picture show!

- Tyberius

PS: +1 from me as well
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.