• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rest In Peace Barby.

Started by TheTeaCat, March 18, 2015, 04:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

My deepest and most sincere condolences go to her family.
Her fine work will live on in the digital world forever.

You will be missed Barby.
________________________________________________________________________________

delta9

Oh my... I can't believe I'm reading this. I won't pretend I knew the woman personally--the closest I got to that was receiving the DVD from her and a reprimand for being rude to another poster several years ago--but the community without a doubt would not be where it is today without her.

May she rest in peace, and may her friends and family find it.

Pat

I know I said it on Facebook but I want to say I've been sadden the loss of Barby... May she rest in peace and be with the lord now!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

vinlabsc3k

Sorry to be so rude, but I had a bad experience with her on ST.
I make my first lot with custom texture and upload it to the STEX (2005), after some hours she leave me a comment requiring an IID range, so I contact her on the Forum to obtain it, but no one reply me. I repeat the request after some days with no luck. So I abandoned the SC4 customization for some years.
But despite this I was very sad that a pillar of this community dissapeared.

My condolences to the family and friends.

Vincenzo

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Couchpotato

So sorry to hear this sad news.    Barby was so knowledgeable about everything SimCity.    I will definitely miss her.   

Girafe

I could never be enough thankful for what she teached me...
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Dantes

No words, just a feeling:

compassion.

Swordmaster

Very sad to read this! Condolences to friends and family.

Cheers
Willy

EDGE4194

I just discovered this sad news today. I have always admired her creations starting back in the day on ST, and she was the reason I joined SC4D.  I have read all the wonderful comments and agree that she really was the Queen of SC4! RIP Barby. May your legacy last for many years.

kimcar

Very sad to read that. She was always nice with me and encourage me to upgrade my work.

Condolences to friends and family. Never forget what you did for me . Thanks and rest in

peace.

deadwoods

I just stumbled back into SC4D and saw this sad news.

Barby was one of the greats in the SC4 custom content community. She knew it all with a passion for lot building and getting the specs right. I still recall creating, what I thought, was a brilliant FLW house and her showing me it on a lot with people twice the size of the house. Ooops.

She was  great teacher to us all, and a great moderator when Colin was angry (at anyone, or everyone) and something in the BSC needed to be guided in the right direction.

I hope she enjoyed her last days in her peaceful corner of the French countryside.
David, aka deadwoods

Glenni

I know this is a little late, but I just now found out about this.
I've been gone for a while, just now picking up the news, going ons, and unfortunately - I ran across events like this.

I don't know what to say...

We had our disagreements from time to time, I was young, hotheaded, and impatient - eventually that attitude got me intro trouble, and as such we never spoke again. But before things went sour, we had some great conversations, she had a great sense of humour, she had a helpful spirit, and was always kind the times we spoke on Windows live/MSN.
Like many others have stated, she was an asset to the community, not only through lotting and modding, but all the help she provided for other people to get started,teaching through conversations, or publishing highly useful tutorials. Her dedication was second to none.

Rest in peace, Barby.

fantozzi

I remember standing at my fathers bed, yelling at him, hang on, spring is close, soon we'll go fishing again. But that year springtime didn't come and when my brother and I took his boat, the sea was quiet and so were we and the whole day we didn't catch any fish. And later that year we sold the boat.