• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Wind Mills

Started by huzman, April 20, 2018, 09:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huzman

Since I'm totally a nerd with LOTs and Bats, I am hoping to find Wind Mills that have a foot print of 1x1 tiles.
I don't use big power factories until very late in the game, so...

If these 1x1 wind mills don't exist, maybe one of you could tell me how to go about it.

Thanks!
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Simmer2

By wind mills I'm assuming you are referring to wind power generators?

If so then this lot should do it. They are 1x1. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3546

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

huzman

Thanks Master! That's exactly what I wanted and on top of that, i's beautiful!
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

huzman

Looks like rushed to write my last above post before testing it.
So here is my lame question: after adding the file to my plugins, start the game and... I couldn't fine the 1x1 wind power generator!
Where could it be?
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Simmer2

It will be under the power menu.

Just so you know, the model is static, not animated.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

huzman

Ah... right. Merci.
But it is huge in size!
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Silur

You can resize this with SC4 Model Tweaker tool.

huzman

Silur : SC4 Model Tweaker? Really? I got the get into it...
Thanks friend.

EDIT few hours later: the Tweaker worked like charm! Nifty little soft...

Funny detail: The red blinking red light got left out, within the green circle...  ;D
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Simmer2

Hello huzman

The blinking light is not part of the model therefore it cannot be "tweaked"

However if you open the lot with either XPim or LE, you can easily remove it.

Because the blinking light is an animated object, you will see it in the form of a green diamond. Just click it, delete it and then save the lot.

Simmer2

mrbisonm

You can also lower the blinking light in LE, may do so for 2 or 3 tries, but it works, I do it all the time when I reduce too big models to my personal scale.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

huzman

Gentlemen, I'm much obliged...
I'm agonna try both tricks, yeah...
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

vester

Didn't the STBT release a windmill. Not sure how big the footprint is.

Try the LEX, with Andreas as Author / Creator.