• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seraf's NYBT BATs

Started by seraf, July 21, 2014, 11:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

This becomes a real beauty!  &apls

I love the roof colors, not too shiny.  :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Great work!!  &apls

Quote from: seraf on September 23, 2015, 02:38:44 AM
romualdillo - Thank you :) And no, this is how the roof looked back in the 1930. Later they added small building on the third arm and made a lot of small changes to the rest of the roof that I don't really like. The fourth arm was empty for a very long time except for the cooling tower (big uninteresting box that didn't really fit there) added sometime between 1940-50. And since it's recreation I don't really want to add anything that wasn't there :)

That's why I asked about the cooling tower... Well, if you don't want to add anything that wasn't there in 1930, perhaps you may want to do something with the texture, like on the other roofs. It still looks too big and clean to me. And you won't be adding anything strange to the building.  ;)

seraf

art128 - Thank you, and no :) It was left for the future development and most of the vents are on the upper roof :) I was thinking about the "block" wall, the thing is: it was always "empty" because it faces the department store building that was already there when the construction of the hotel started. But maybe I could put there the name of the hotel as a commercial in the old style? I will think about it :)
And sorry, I was using the code I was given by Casper a few years ago :D I will use the new one from now on :)

reddonquixote - Thank you! And well, at this size I'm afraid I can't really do much with those small trees :D And thank you! I spent some time working on it :)
I have the same problem with some threads :D

carlfatal - Thank you! :)

romualdillo - Thank you :) I added a bit of dirt on the main roof, hope it looks better now ;)

I think the model is finished... time for winter version and Nightlights :)

romualdillo

Great work with the little details there!! They always need too much time for their size, but they really make a difference... without them everything looks too empty and plain. I like the new texture on the last roof. More noise looks better to my eyes... Some kind of "Horror Vacui" of mine...  :D

It looks fantastic!!  &apls

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simcoug

noahclem

Phenomenal work  :thumbsup:  And a winter version you say?  :bnn:

reddonquixote

The detailing makes my head spin! Looks amazing of course. Glad to hear its close to the finish line, well done for persevering  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Bipin

Awesome work. That building/BAT is gorgeous.

Nevermore

Seraf - Looks good  :thumbsup: ... jak zawsze.
A tak w ogóle to świetna robota, tradycyjnie zresztą ;D

p.s. Trochę polszczyzny na SC4D od czasu do czasu chyba nikomu nie zaszkodzi ;)

seraf

romualdillo - Thank you very much! :)

compdude787 - Thank you :)

Girafe - Thank you :)

Simcoug - Thak you! :)

noahclem - Thank you :) And yes ;)

reddonquixote - Thank you very much! :) I like this building but I'm glad I'm co close to finishing it :)

Bipin - Thank you :)

Nevermore - Thank you :) ... a ja myślałem że Polski światek SC4 padł już dawno temu ;) Miło zobaczyć że się myliłem.

Ok, so, I'm working on the nightlights now:

noahclem

Beautiful lighting  &apls  This building is a very impressive project!

romualdillo

It looks like someone is having a party in the greenhouse!!  :D Great work with the nightlights!!!

reddonquixote

Yes, the lights on the greenhouse look amazing  :thumbsup:

They all do, great work  ;D
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

c.p.

Nice job with the nightlighting. :thumbsup:

seraf

noahclem - Thank you :) To be honest - I'm glad it's almost done, I want to work on something else ;)

romualdillo - Thank you :) As far as I know - the greenhouse had special colorful illumination, so it was like that most of the time I suppose :)

reddonquixote - Thank you very much! :)

c.p. - Thank you :)

I think I'm done with the nightlights, I have to update day view with window displays I've made but apart from that I can start working on Winter version :)

seraf

Sorry for double post, but it's been almost a week so I think I can post another one :)

I finished the winter version, I have regular version already exported so it won't be long before I put the Hotel Pennsylvania for download :)

vortext

Nightlight look great, and a winter version!!  :thumbsup: &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mattb325

Beautiful job with the nightlighting and the winter version is a really nice touch  :)