• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Prop Family Index

Started by BarbyW, September 26, 2007, 07:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim.Rico

Did anyone receive a reply?  I wonder if this Folder Discussion has Bitten the SimDust? :'( ()what() :'( ()what() :-[ :o ()what() :( ()sad() &cry2 :'( :-[

catty

Hi Guys and Sim.Rico (perhaps less smilies the next time)

I realize this is extremely frustrating and I haven't forgotten you or this topic and am trying to get a solution to it.

If we have to come up with a new index then that's what we will do, I have been thru both this topic and the original one at Simtropolis so I have a fair idea of the ranges that have already been issued, but I'm hoping to get the BSC Prop Family Index back and working again as that is my preference as I don't really want to re-invent the wheel.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Quote from: catty on April 30, 2014, 08:37:45 PM
...If we have to come up with a new index then that's what we will do...

Still trying to come up with a more permanent solution for the Index, but I have created a new spreadsheet based on the ranges already issued here and Simtropolis and am confident enough to issue the following ranges

0x5f85dd00   0x5f85ddff      dirtguru
0x5f85de00   0x5f85deff      Sim.Rico
0x5f85df00   0x5f85dfff      Bipin
0x5f85e000   0x5f85e0ff      bitterquill

:thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

APSMS

Is BarbyW unavailable (i.e. still sick)? I would think that she would have a list of this somewhere if we could get ahold of her.

Anyone know how she's doing? (sorry for being off-topic)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

nos.17

If you wouldn't mind, I would like a range too. I am in no hurry so you can go ahead and get your system organized if you need to.

Thanks!

catty

At work and the list is at home, so will be back later

Quote from: APSMS on May 05, 2014, 02:31:34 PM
Is BarbyW unavailable (i.e. still sick)? I would think that she would have a list of this somewhere if we could get ahold of her.

Anyone know how she's doing? (sorry for being off-topic)

Don't know the details, but she has been on site fairly recently

:)

catty

Quote from: nos.17 on May 07, 2014, 03:22:51 PM
If you wouldn't mind, I would like a range too. I am in no hurry so you can go ahead and get your system organized if you need to.

Thanks!

Hi nos.17

Your range is

0x5f85e100 - 0x5f85e1ff

And just to let everyone know what's going on, currently having discussions on getting something that's more high-tech and doesn't need someone to manually issue a range from a Excel Spreadsheet, but in the meantime myself and Jmouse will be issuing the ranges between us, we just have to sort out a shared location for the Index.

:)

nos.17

Ok, I want to make sure I get how this numbering system works. My range is 0x5f85e100 - 0x5f85e1ff.

So I would use ...e100 to ...e109. After that, I am pretty sure ...e10a comes next. Then I would use ...e10a to ...e10f and then on to ...e110. Is what I am doing correct?

catty

Quote from: nos.17 on May 08, 2014, 06:02:23 PM
Ok, I want to make sure I get how this numbering system works. My range is 0x5f85e100 - 0x5f85e1ff.

So I would use ...e100 to ...e109. After that, I am pretty sure ...e10a comes next. Then I would use ...e10a to ...e10f and then on to ...e110. Is what I am doing correct?

That looks correct to me   :)

But if you are uncertain, I can generate a list of the numbers for you sometime over the weekend.

nos.17

Quote from: catty on May 09, 2014, 03:25:58 AM
Quote from: nos.17 on May 08, 2014, 06:02:23 PM

That looks correct to me   :)

But if you are uncertain, I can generate a list of the numbers for you sometime over the weekend.

Cool Thanks! Thats all I need for now.

dirtguru

FrankU

Quote from: catty on May 08, 2014, 03:39:32 AM

And just to let everyone know what's going on, currently having discussions on getting something that's more high-tech and doesn't need someone to manually issue a range from a Excel Spreadsheet, but in the meantime myself and Jmouse will be issuing the ranges between us, we just have to sort out a shared location for the Index.

Isn't it possible to put the list in some or other hidden-to-the-normal-users Administrator's thread on this site? So that only the appropriate people can see and edit it? Then it is available to the community if needed. That way it is not depending on only one or two persons.

catty

Hi FrankU

The shared location was simply so we didn't accidentally issue the same ranges to different people, but there was also no way I was going to have the range list disappear again so a read-only version has been set up on a wordpress webpage and all admin and global moderators have access to that webpage ... plus the webpage has also got a number of un-issued ranges on it, so anyone who can access the webpage can issue a range from it as long as they let either myself or Jmouse know what they have done.

... still have to set up the shared location, but that got put on hold when my hosting company deleted my website when they were trying to delete some directories they had accidentally added to it ... its back but it does have some problems which need to be sorted out.

vortext

Catty, you've done great work tracing back all the issued ranges and setting up a new list for the future. Now, who do I PM so you can get some well deserved karma?!  ;D ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

catty

Not me   $%Grinno$%

But someone has so thank you both   :thumbsup:

dmonsta19

I would like to request a range

catty

Quote from: dmonsta19 on May 31, 2014, 05:35:30 PM
I would like to request a range

Evening dmonsta19

your range is

0x5f85e200 - 0x5f85e2ff

romualdillo

Greetings,

I would like to request a family range, if possible. Thank you in advance.

catty

Quote from: romualdillo on June 01, 2014, 08:18:51 AM
Greetings,

I would like to request a family range, if possible. Thank you in advance.

Morning romualdillo

Your range is 0x5f85e300 - 0x5f85e3ff

catty

Quote from: APSMS on May 05, 2014, 02:31:34 PM
...I would think that she would have a list of this somewhere if we could get ahold of her

BarbyW has given me a copy she had of the BSC Prop Family Index, I don't expect there to be any problems re combining the two indexes together which I'll be doing this weekend and will be updating the webpage at the same time