• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Prop Family Index

Started by BarbyW, September 26, 2007, 07:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Quote from: Framly on August 24, 2012, 06:28:39 AM
Quote from: NCGAIO on August 23, 2012, 03:53:21 PM
As there are no answers since December'd better send a PM Direct BarbyW
I'd love to, but i'm not allowed to access her profil :(

Have you tried to click on the little square just next to her nick-name?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Framly

thanks for the Info, Arthur ;)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

jmyers2043

Quote from: Framly on August 24, 2012, 12:43:19 PM
thanks for the Info, Arthur ;)

RippleJet and BarbyW kept a spread sheet between them. They are the only ones who know what numbers or ranges are assigned to whom. They are the ones who can assign new ranges safely and without duplication. Neither of them are active at the moment. You, and others, may have to pummel their email boxes with requests before they decide to share the spread sheet with another responsible/active SC4 Devotion admin or member. 

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Sunset_baby

It seems that in a similar situation last year (see page 12), Xannepan decided to calculate ranges for himself Shoktrpy and Murimk with RippleJet confirming these a couple of months later.

Could that be done in this situation to (as a temporarily solution of course)?

Aaron Graham

I need a range please. :D

Thank you in advance.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Reblet

Quote from: Sunset_baby on August 24, 2012, 06:08:31 PM
It seems that in a similar situation last year (see page 12), Xannepan decided to calculate ranges for himself Shoktrpy and Murimk with RippleJet confirming these a couple of months later.

Could that be done in this situation to (as a temporarily solution of course)?

As I find myself in need of a family for private use as well, I've decided to do just that, assigning a family of 0xff to every request since the last update we arrive at:

0x5f85bf00 - 0x5f85bfff Motokloss
0x5f85c000 - 0x5f85c0ff tonygunlover
0x5484c100 - 0x5484c1ff antn
0x5484c200 - 0x5484c2ff StephenMotsinger
0x5484c300 - 0x5484c3ff Marksen
0x5484c400 - 0x5484c4ff Gondracorn
0x5484c500 - 0x5484c5ff DaveN
0x5484c600 - 0x5484c6ff Framly
0x5484c700 - 0x5484c7ff Kuddelmuddel
0x5484c800 - 0x5484c8ff iphy22
0x5484c900 - 0x5484c9ff NCGAIO
0x5484ca00 - 0x5484caff Aaron Graham
0x5484cb00 - 0x5484cbff Reblet

I'm assuming there's some reason to the madness and these are free, but use at your own risk. :)

- Reblet

Sunset_baby

Quote from: Reblet on September 16, 2012, 05:50:34 AM
I've decided to do just that, assigning a family of 0xff to every request since the last update
Well, you forgot my request   &mmm

catty

Quote from: Sunset_baby on September 16, 2012, 01:17:01 PM
I've decided to do just that, assigning a family of 0xff to every request since the last update

Thanks Reblet for doing this   :thumbsup:

Hi Sunset_baby

Based on the list Reblet has done, you would be

0x5484cc00 - 0x5484ccff Sunset_baby

We are still trying to come up with a solution re the missing BSC Prop Family Index, hopefully none of these ranges have been issued previously.

-catty (global moderator)

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Sunset_baby

Thanks a mille Catty for the range. And also Reblet for following up on my suggestion  :thumbsup: Even though this may be temporary it helps a ton

Reblet

Quote from: Sunset_baby on September 16, 2012, 01:17:01 PM

Oops. Must've gone through the list a bit too fast. :S My most humble apologies and thanks to catty for stepping in. :)

jmyers2043

... As I find myself in need of a family for private use as well, I've decided to do just that ...

Good News!! I now have the official list that is used to assign prop families. The ranges assigned by Reblet are OK. They can be considered safe to use. 

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Aaron Graham

Thank you!!! So Reblet is the new prop range assigner? :)
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Tarkus

Quote from: Aaron Graham on September 23, 2012, 04:54:46 PM

jmyers2043 will be, and the list will be shared with senior SC4D Staff as a failsafe.

-Alex

iphy22

Thank you all very much for the range!

Reblet

Quote from: jmyers2043 on September 22, 2012, 05:35:07 PM
... As I find myself in need of a family for private use as well, I've decided to do just that ...

Good News!! I now have the official list that is used to assign prop families. The ranges assigned by Reblet are OK. They can be considered safe to use. 

- Jim

Good to hear that! And I'm glad my extrapolation turned out to be ok. :)

FrankU

Quote from: Tarkus on September 23, 2012, 05:09:47 PM
Quote from: Aaron Graham on September 23, 2012, 04:54:46 PM

jmyers2043 will be, and the list will be shared with senior SC4D Staff as a failsafe.

-Alex

Would it be a problem if the list was visibly available (like: as in a locked topic) to everyone? In that case only certain staff members would be able to edit the list, but everyone could see it. As long as this site (and Simtropolis at the same time, I guess) exist, the list will be avaliable.
This isn't done yet, so I guess there are negative sides on this option? Please tell me? maybe we can encounter them?

catty

Quote from: FrankU on September 26, 2012, 03:44:35 AM
...Would it be a problem if the list was visibly available (like: as in a locked topic) to everyone? In that case only certain staff members would be able to edit the list, but everyone could see it. As long as this site (and Simtropolis at the same time, I guess) exist, the list will be avaliable.
This isn't done yet, so I guess there are negative sides on this option? Please tell me? maybe we can encounter them?

I think our biggest concern with that idea is that people would come along take a look at the list and go off and start using a range or ranges without telling anyone they have done so, and we would then issue a range to someone not realizing that someone else has started using that same range.

-catty
Global Moderator
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

FrankU

Yes, that is certainly a danger. I can see that.
On the other hand: the problem exists already now. By people ignoring the list altogether.
So it's a matter of self-control anyway.

catty

Quote from: FrankU on September 26, 2012, 06:10:56 AM
...So it's a matter of self-control anyway.

Thanks for your thoughts on this, its always good to get different ideas on something

-catty

Simcoug

It's good to hear that an official list is back up and running.  That said, may I request a range, please?  Thank you in advance.