• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Prop Family Index

Started by BarbyW, September 26, 2007, 07:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamorr

Thank you very much...

I guess that makes sense, kinda' like following in the footsteps of the creators for certain things. I figured that all it was to show the ID in LE, as that is what the Tutorial by Jeronij basically said... All the tut explain is how to make one and not much detail on what it is.. What you say makes sense. Thanks again for the info and your help...
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

wes.janson

Barby, could I bother you for a range?

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

BarbyW

wes.janson: your range is 0x5f850e00    to 0x5f850eff inclusive
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

kuehmary

wes.janson

Quote from: BarbyW on July 07, 2009, 10:55:25 AM
wes.janson: your range is 0x5f850e00    to 0x5f850eff inclusive

Thanks Barby!

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

BarbyW

kuehmary: your range is 0x5f850f00 to 0x5f850fff inclusive

Steamrobin

Please, please, please... May I have one ?

Thanks by advance !

Visit my CJ : Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages
(A cooperative Rural Country made with the Help of Purple)

Visit my Ruralset Projects
(showcases and discussion about my Bat/lots)

BarbyW

SteamRobin: I have sent your range by PM.

Steamrobin

Oups. I am mistaking between Family prop ID and Texture ID.
Sorry and thank BarbyW
::)

Visit my CJ : Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages
(A cooperative Rural Country made with the Help of Purple)

Visit my Ruralset Projects
(showcases and discussion about my Bat/lots)

psander5

Hi, may I have a range all of my very own please?  ;D

BarbyW

psander5: your range is 0x5f851300 to 0x5f8513ff inclusive.

psander5

Thank you very, very much  :)

Rady

BarbyW, I just requested a texture IID range from you in that other thread, but since I'm gonna start to create my own LOTs I suppose I need an IID range for my LOTs also. Would you be so kind as to provide one for me ::)?  And sorry if this is the wrong thread .. ;D
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

BarbyW

Rady: you only need a prop family range if you are making or modding props to be put into families. A range is not needed for lot making on its own.

Rady

Quote from: BarbyW on September 04, 2009, 12:13:40 AM
Rady: you only need a prop family range if you are making or modding props to be put into families. A range is not needed for lot making on its own.

But isn't it that the LOTs do need an ID, too? If not, how can we ensure a LOT has a unique name? As far as I understood so far, I'm opening an existing LOT in the LE and save it under a new name (done that already). For example I created a LOT named "RY_PZ_1x1_Cobblestone", how can this be identified in a unique way by the game? How can I be sure nobody else uses the same name by pure accident? ()what() ()what() ()what()

Sorry for these beginners questions, but I havent found a comprehensive "beginners guide" so far (neither here nor over at simtropolis).
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

RippleJet

Quote from: Rady on September 04, 2009, 12:51:24 AM
But isn't it that the LOTs do need an ID, too? If not, how can we ensure a LOT has a unique name? As far as I understood so far, I'm opening an existing LOT in the LE and save it under a new name (done that already). For example I created a LOT named "RY_PZ_1x1_Cobblestone", how can this be identified in a unique way by the game? How can I be sure nobody else uses the same name by pure accident? ()what() ()what() ()what()

LotEditor automatically generates a unique Instance ID, which will be based on the time you create it. ;)
The chance to create a lot with a conflicting TGI is minimal... so far I've not heard of two lots that would have been created on the same second...

joelyboy911

Could I have a range please? It'll be for aeroplanes.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Rady

Quote from: RippleJet on September 04, 2009, 01:01:37 AM
LotEditor automatically generates a unique Instance ID, which will be based on the time you create it. ;)
The chance to create a lot with a conflicting TGI is minimal... so far I've not heard of two lots that would have been created on the same second...

Good for me ... :thumbsup:

So now I'm off heading home to get my first LOT up and running!!!! *excited*

BarbyW

joeylboy: your range is 0x5f851400 to 0x5f8514ff inclusive.

hooha47

I would like a range; I'm looking into making some prop families.  Thanks in advance.
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here