• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Daeley presents... a new (and hopefully useful) pathing tool

Started by daeley, February 22, 2007, 03:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred_Ginger

I'm with M and Sebes on this one but can't wait to see the results from our 'traffic' guys....

Thanks  :thumbsup:
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

cameron1991

Wow this looks very usefull!   &apls To bad I wouldnt know where to start!  &ops
Do you know of any modding tutorials to get me started?

jeronij

cameron, you can start with Redlotus Tutorial. Ignore what you dont need and go to the paths pages  ;)

A link is found in this message:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=714.msg19146#msg19146
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

gn_leugim

dedgren

Daeley, hey- great tool, and it works perfectly.

Except, as best I can tell, under Windows 64-bit Vista.  I used it all the time with 32-bit Vista, but when I replaced my worn out laptop, I didn't have the option to stay with it.

I've tried everything I can think of.  The latest Java runtime appears to be installed and working.  I get just a flash of the Command Line Screen when I click on either single or multi-path, but then there's nothing.  I'm presuming it's just one more in the long list of incompatible stuff (my Palm T|X, for instance- what the heck?), but hoped you might have some insight.

Thanks.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

daeley

strange, there shouldn't be any platform-specific code in there.

Can you open a command line windows, go to the folder where it's installed and run one of the batch files? If it doesn't work, you should get some sort of (textual) error report.
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

dedgren

Thanks, my friend, for the tip.  It led me to the issue- I had to manually set up the PATH to include the Java runtime executable.  I added "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin" to the end of that environment variable string and PathCreator now works just fine.

Thanks again for developing this great tool.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

daeley

strange, normally that should be done automatically when you install java. Well, I'm glad it's working now :)
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

daeley

1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Tarkus

Yes, yes, yes!  Copy, mirror and reverse buttons--those will save so much time.  daeley, you are the man!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Andreas

I don't do paths, but such buttons would be incredible useful for creating T21 exemplar files configurations...  :satisfied:
Andreas

sithlrd98

As someone who has just begun the joys of trying , (and I say that loosely) , any addition to this tool that would help some of us (who have no idea what they are doing  ::) ) would be appreciated! And if what Andreas says is true , I'm in heaven!!!

Jayson

Andreas

Quote from: sithlrd98 on December 11, 2008, 03:05:16 PM
And if what Andreas says is true , I'm in heaven!!!

Unfortunately, it's only wishful thinking at the moment. But I'll try to plant that idea into the head of as many programmers as I know.  ;D
Andreas

sithlrd98

Quote from: Andreas on December 11, 2008, 03:12:05 PM
Unfortunately, it's only wishful thinking at the moment. But I'll try to plant that idea into the head of as many programmers as I know.  ;D

Bummer...Plant*Anyone who can program , Please , oh pretty please help us out!  ;D  Ok I did my part. Seriously , it would be nice! :)

Jayson

dedgren

Looks like an early Christmas to me.  Daeley, my friend- you are the Man of the Hour!  Those improvements would just be fantastic, and I'm only just starting to get a handle on using the tool.  It's another great day for SC4.

A karma point on behalf of all of us.   &apls

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

daeley

1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Jonathan

Yes please Daeley, that's amazing.
One more suggestion? Could you make it so that when x and y values are clicked (not typed, so you can override) and the value is -/+7.5 and below/above it automatically changes it to -/+8?

Other wise thanks very much for adding to this already great Tool.

dedgren

Another K-point just for the arrows.  This is like Christmas morning.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

daeley

Quote from: Warrior on December 12, 2008, 08:50:53 AM
Yes please Daeley, that's amazing.
One more suggestion? Could you make it so that when x and y values are clicked (not typed, so you can override) and the value is -/+7.5 and below/above it automatically changes it to -/+8?

Other wise thanks very much for adding to this already great Tool.

From my own (limited, I must admit) experience, it seems the game will treat endpoints of paths that are close to the edge as if they were on the edge. But I can change it if you like, it's only one or two line of code extra.

edit: ok, it was a bit more than 2 lines code, but it wasn't much work and the effect is quite nice. When you click or drag near the edge, the point will "clip" to ±8.
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

daeley

I'updated the the file to version 1.5

available here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=546

I've packed it into two runnable .jar files, so no more messing around with .bat files :) Just double-click either of the .jar files and it should open.
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!