• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nexis Works

Started by mrbisonm, May 12, 2009, 11:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Whenever I play around with nightlights something else gets messed up or they don't work peoperly or only a few work and not in the way I would like to, so nightlights I gave up. You wanna do them for me?....lol

The last time I tried to create nitelights, I "killed" a model that I spent 12 hours on and I was stupid enough not to keep a copy of it in the condition before making the lights.......hope you understand.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Simbot5

Those are some really cool buildings!  &apls
I would definitely put the residentials in my cities.

Since this post started off about renewable, futuristic power, I have sort question. I am wondering if anyone has created a wind turbine that is ploppable on water.

There are some small ones in existence, but not on the ocean where they would produce enough energy to be commercialbly viable. This is because where there is good wind, the water is deep, and therefore, a large structure like a wind turbine cannot be constructed. There are some in development (or still concepts), such as these.

This one would look really cool in SC4!

I don't have much experience in BATing, and I don't think these would require nightlighting... ;D

mrbisonm

Simbot, unfortunetly I don't take Bat requests. I don't even have the time to finish all my 40 or so BATs, not talking about others that I have in my mind. As an example, the College above I have started a little over 3 years ago.

Offshore windmills have been batted I think, I remember that I saw them somewhere. I have made some myself several months ago, but they're not quite finished yet (need tweaking) , but eventually will be uploaded somewhere. If you want them before , just pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send you that ones shown below.

mrb

mrbisonm

Hey, it's time again to do some BATting. I haven't done anything during the summer, besides , I was gone most of the times anyways.
In a couple of weeks I will have more time to go back and finish my BATs. So , last night I opened my gmax and worked a little on a model, to see how it would look like in a prerender, I opened the BAT menu and clicked on *BAT*.....Whoooa....*Script error* appeared, just like on the picture...., then I tried again and again and then some other models and it is the same with every other model. What happened?

Anyone has a solution to this? Help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Fred

jmyers2043

Seems like you might be having troubles with this file ...

I have a USB drive that I use to back up the household computers. The first thing I'd try is to pull a known good ms file into the scripts folder.

Note - this script is a part of the Maxis BAT Tool - so you could always try to reinstall the Bat Tool and see if it overwrites existing files.

I don't recall ever getting that error message - that's the best help I can give. 

Jim Myers
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Thanks Jim, I will try to overwrite with the Maxis BAT this weekend. I'll get back to you, if it does or not work. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Fred

mrbisonm

Sorry for being late, but to be honest, I completely forgot to thank you. I reinstalled the Bat and it overwrote the existing files I guess, because now the problem is gone and I can get back to work on my BATs.

Thank Jim, great help. ;)

Fred

KoV Liberty

Hey Fred, Just wondering if you could tell us what other BATs you are doing. You said you had like 40 or did I read that wrong?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

mrbisonm

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on October 05, 2009, 06:39:57 PM
Hey Fred, Just wondering if you could tell us what other BATs you are doing. You said you had like 40 or did I read that wrong?

Sorry for being late to answer again, but I have some real busy and problematic real life problems at this moment and didn't have much time to visit my favourite site on the Net and play on gmax.
Hopefully it will be over in a about two weeks and I will gladly show, or make a visual list of most of my BATs started. Yes, you read right, there are more than 40 BATs that I am working on and some have been released on the new Third Volume CD from Simtropolis. These I promissed to Dirk will not be uploaded anywhere else until late fall or early winter, but don't worry, they will get here too intime.

I have asked BarbyW earlier this year to help me out with tweaking my creations, because I am no good with the Reader. She agreed to help me out and probably is waiting for me to send her some finished BATs since a few months. Every winter I have a lot of free time and this winter I will concentrate on releasing most of my Bats.

Here is a starter, my first Hi-Riser.....sorry for the bad picture, but that's the only one I have at the moment without prerendering it.

Fred

Pat

Fred wow that is amazing!!! I love that high rise!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

joelyboy911

It looks really nice.

Wow, 40  BATs, that ought to be something impressive indeed.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

mrbisonm

Well, winter is coming and I will have a little more time in a few weeks (around Christmas) to fully get back into BATting. I know, I know......this time I promissed myself to finish a few of my 40+ BATs before spring comes around again.

I only started one new BAT this fall and that just to round up the number of my BATs under "construction" to 45. This new BAT I will build within this thread, piece by piece like so many do around here, mostly to get ideas for improvement and detailing and maybe for some help in BATting, which I haven't mastered yet at all. I am still an apprentive in the first stages, guessing and cheating most of the time with this tool that I don't understand.  %confuso

If you already have looked at the pics below, well....Yes, Nexis is going Medieval this time. It will be my first and probably one of the biggest and most complicated ones I have done yet. It is a castle, Frederick's Castle, I called it, and it is 100% fantasy and a product of my imagination. I thought there weren't enough castles available and it would be something completely different for me to do, since I almost touch everything in BATting.

The first walls and partial roof of the mainbuilding have been started, details will be added as soon as I will find time and everytime I am on the BAT with this project I will add an image of it to the thread. I will also be working on some of the other BATs at the same time, which I will show once in awhile.
Hopefully I will start by the end of the month. I will first have to take care of my GRV II competition thread.

So here it is, my first attempt for medieval architecture.

Ideas are always welcomed, not that I will use them everytime, but who knows. Please no requests, since I only BAT to my liking. Thanks.

Fred

gottago

beautiful textures but the walls of old castles are very thick. Your windows look underscaled in relation to the rest, and make the stepped gables look very overscaled--one of them (or both in tandem) has to change  ;)

btw, 45 unreleased BATs? Now that's what I call procrastination!

kwakelaar

Very nice work on the Castle Fredric. Just like gottago, the first thing I noticed is the thickness of the walls, they really could do with some "meat".

Tomas Neto

Impressive work on these walls! I liked a lot!!!  :thumbsup:

lynncanox

EDIT: Sorry about this posting, my wife openeda session (logging in) without closing it on my computer, that is why my post is under Lynn's name. sorry about that.

I got back home this morning.
Thanks folks for the comments, You were right, gottago and kwakelar, those walls are a little too thin to come from this era. About the windows though, they seem to be correct for now, you will see with further updates.
Just to remind you, this is totally of fantasy and not copied from any existing castle. I could'nt say right now what exactly I am doing with it (small surprise) but this will be new to SC4, kinda different. I hope it will work out though. You'll see with time.
For the first few pictures it will look like a regular castle, but I have something different in mind.
I thickened the walls for now and I will be working on it tonight again, maybe bringing a later update.

Fred

judge of GRV 2 Challenge

mrbisonm

Well, as I said , I am working on it.....lol
Here I did some details, like windows and a first tower on the corner of the mainbuilding. The walls of that building will also be the protecting outwalls at the same time.
Since most details won't be seen ingame I will only make those which are important and will not go into the detailing of every part of the BAT. I guess I'll continue a bit tonight since this is fun and going well. ;)

EDIT: I'm back again. I added some more things to the BAT, a lowtower and walls, and now I'm going to bed, starting to look like something. Enough gmax for tonight....ZZZzzzzzzzz

Fred

nrmn67

I like where you are going with this castle. You are right, we need more of them :). Only the walls look like an afterthought. To massive and without a parapet not really fit for a castle. Looking forward to more.

kwakelaar

Looking good, maybe a walkway on the inside of the walls, and bringing the height down to the corner tower or the make the tower higher. Now it seems like a weak spot in the defence of the castle. I think the thickness of the walls is no problem, the sloping of the walls on the outside would be illogical for this period building. Would make it easier to storm the castle, straight or with an overhang would be better.

gottago

Looking much better with the thicker walls, though you've got a texture problem on the edges. To avoid it I'd slightly shrink the length of the transverse walls so they fall inside the outer ones and add coping stones to the steps of the gables to carry the limestone texture. Then you'll get much more unified stonework across the facades.

The slope on the crenellated walls is a nice, realistic touch, but I'd turn the slope facing outward, and like Kwakelaar suggested, add  raised wooden walkways inside from where defenders could throw boulders and drop hot oil on the besiegers below. ::) The whole thing is starting to beg for a moat, too.

There's also a slight tiling problem on your roof texture, it's producing subtle vertical stripes.