• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toichus Maximus

As far as the tunnel goes, it looks good, but what you might try is the JRJ culvert with the ploppable water. Problem is, the prop is elevated above the entrance of the culvert, so you need to just ever so slightly raise the land there and use a 2x size water to make the transition. If you use a lot of rocks around the entrance, it looks pretty good.

Jmouse

I'm very interested in seeing where this experiment leads. It isn't every day we have a brand new history-making element to play around with. so I suspect there will be a great many innovative uses discovered within the community.

Until next time...
Joan

Pat

Dave this is just wonderful, you really gotta do something more lol, Naw Blaxland is looking pretty  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nedalezz

Ohhh, cant wait to see more after that last teaser! Your rural area is realistic, detailed, and extremely pretty.

The way you've put down the railroad alongside the houses, the way you've constructed the mine, the way you placed the sawmill (I think that is what that is!), all is perfect!

tooheys

Replies

threestooges: Thanks threestooges for both the comments and advice. Hope the result looks OK.

Ennedi:  Appreciate the comments Ennedi. Yes the furniture is highly customised, actually its like the stuff from Ikea but worse. Instead of a dozen pieces to put together to make a bookcase, there is now several hundred  :)

bat: Thanks Bat, hope you enjoy the update.

Toichus Maximus: Appreciate the advice. The end result is below. I really wanted to go with the TPW but I just couldn't get it to look right in the end. Anyway, I continue to practice and might work it out one day ;)

Jmouse: I agree Joan, TPW is a wonderful tool, and there will be some great things to come. So when can we see your first TPW pond?

Pat: Thanks Pat, and just for you a little bit more  ;D

nedalezz: nedalezz, don't get too carried away, my head swells easily  ;D Appreciate the great comments and hope to see you drop by again.

Blaxland

So just a few more pic's from Blaxland. This area is a tad different to my usual cities and I am enjoying (well more than usual)
putting this together. Hope it is to your liking.

Nothing special about this pic, but still one of my faves, it has a pub in it. My shout

Here's that bridge again but is has a train, woo hoo. You have no idea how long I had to wait for that to appear,
then afterwards, every 10secs, always a train when you don't need them.

So I settled for a change of canal, the water matches a lot better, threestooges idea. Thanks to both
threestooges and Toichus Maximus for their suggestions. I did prefer the idea of jeronij's culvert with TPW but
it didn't work out. I just couldn't get the TPW to plop in the right places, but I continue to experiment.

Until next update

Cheers

Dave

bat

The first two pictures are looking wonderful! The others, too! Great work on the waterfalls and river!! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Super update my friend.  You have done a really nice job on the little river.  And yes it's too bad you couldn't use jeronij's culvert.  Some times I wander why the water texture can't be easily taken out and changed to one we like.  Now there's an idea.  I also love the way you have done the rail lines, very realistic, great job.

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

Hi Dave! The rail lines are especially attractive, and I like the houses shown in the second photo. Maybe it's because they're down in a sort of valley, but there's definitely something special about that picture.
And the water looks great now.

Until next time...
Joan

tooheys

Hmmm, there appears to be a problem with the pic's in the latest update. I'm on to it and should have it fixed shortly. (I hope)

Dave

thundercrack83

Quote from: tooheys on November 23, 2007, 01:39:17 PM
Hmmm, there appears to be a problem with the pic's in the latest update. I'm on to it and should have it fixed shortly. (I hope)

Dave

Well, you'd better! Just kidding, my friend!

I've missed some action around here lately and I do apologize for that, but I'm glad to say that I'm caught up and ready to get back on track...as soon as you've got everything straightened out, that is!

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you've got for us, my friend!

Take care!

tooheys

I have responded to the Moderator's request to fix the problem  ;D and I'm happy to say the pic's are back (well they are at the moment).

Dave

Pat

LoL Dave they are back and man wow omg you are doing so awesome with the TPW!!! You are devolping a great skill there my friend and Im loving it - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Now they work!

And boy, was it worth the wait! Your railroads are stunning, my friend! And that picture of the train crossing the bridge is beautiful. Glad to see you got the problem straightened out, and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work!

squidi

i love the curved rails
well done  :thumbsup:

paroch

Hi Dave,

Oh yes, very nice.

The curved rail lines in the first pic really stand out for me. I like the way you've built the avenue with the roundabout and side roads off from it.  No houses actually fronting the avenue is VERY realistic for a suburban type development.  I try to create this look quite often and often mess it up one way or another (but I will try again).  I think the seasonal trees really make the avenue area stand out nicely.

The waterside/bridge transition is really good.  I can never achieve such a smooth transition - well done.

And of course the rail bridge is simply magnificent.

Balnavia is always an interesting place to visit.

pipishere

A great update! Looks like a ery nice place to live....and i really like the trains!  :)

tooheys

Replies

bat: Thanks mate

rooker1: Appreciate the comments Robin. As one of our past Aussie leaders once said, "life wasn't meant to be easy". Nothing like a challenge now and again but that one has me beat at the moment. (but I won't surrender  $%Grinno$%)

Jmouse: Hi Joan and thanks for the comments, this is probably the most i've used the terrain yet, especially with the rail. It's pleasing to see such great comments because I've probably put more time into this city/tile than any other so far.

tooheys: Dave, better pull your finger out and get this fixed or the moderator might get upset :D.

thundercrack83: Damn, not quick enough, he is upset ()sad().

tooheys: All fixed, hope he calms down and pays another visit   ;)

Pat: Pat, coming from you I consider that a great compliment and it's most appreciated :)

thundercrack83: Phew, he's happy   :) Thanks Dustin, a minor hiccup I think. Always great to see you dropping by. The "problem" was a ploy really, just to keep everyone guessing. Appreciate the comments and don't worry you will be seeing more, white boxes with red x's that is  $%Grinno$% (only kidding, I hope)

squidi: Hi squidi, the bulldozer worked overtime before I was happy with the result, thanks for the comments.

paroch: Thanks Paul for the great comments but my 5 favourite words did not not relate to my MD.
"but I will try again" Now that is the attitude that I like to see  :thumbsup: Just keep experimenting

pipishere: Hi pip, thanks for the comments and I'm sure there may be another train or two.

St Leonards

Well it's been a little while since we visited St Leonards. Residential population is in excess of 300k although most
of the recent development has been low and medium density.

The local council has always been a bit of a joke in this town. Meetings tend to be noisy, alcohol fueled and resolve very little.
At one such meeting it was suggested by a new councillor that the mayor would be better suited to running a zoo. Somehow
this got lost in translation, and the next day the press were somewhat stunned to report a mayoral grant of $10m to build a
new animal park and aquarium.

Another union town (the sport that is, not Abe supporters)

And to finish, a scenic scene. The water treatment plant ensures that the waters remain nice and clean.
The plants motto, "We take crap from everyone".

Cheers all

Dave

bat

Wonderful new update there! Great looking animal park and fantastic pictures of St. Leonards :thumbsup:

rooker1

Nice update and good work on Sea World.  I still wish you would look at a sidewalk modd  ::) or did you do that already and these are old pics?  Anyways everything else looks great.

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

I've missed seeing St. Leonards, but it looks like you've been busy spiffying the place up! :P
The zoo looks great, and so do the parks and canals. Did I mention that Balnavia just gets better and better? ;)

Until next time...
Joan