• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Emilin, thanks for that :), I didn't notice the bridge although it was staring me in the face.

Problem fixed.

Full replies next update.

Cheers

Pat

sweet davie that looks better i didnt notice it till it was pointed out either so dont feel bad....
btw 24 hrs to go lol - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Quote from: patfirefghtr on July 28, 2007, 07:56:22 PM
sweet davie that looks better i didnt notice it till it was pointed out either so dont feel bad....
btw 24 hrs to go lol - pat

Nor did I! Good eye, there, emilin! I must say, it is subtle things like that that highway going under the rail that make the whole SC4 experience so much more fun for me, whether I'm playing the game or looking at the work of you and everyone else.

pipishere

A great update! Your teaser of Newcastle looks fab!  ;)

urban

Great teaser of Newcastle. I often don't like skylines, but your's is very nice..I like it, with the sorrounding paks and the great waterfronts... :thumbsup:

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

tooheys

Replies

patfirefghtr Hi Pat, right brand wrong beer but pretty close. Tooheys New is the drop for me (it's a tad stronger).
Glad you liked the teaser (and the replies)  :)

bat Thanks bat

emilin Appreciate the comments emilin and thanks for pointing out that nasty looking rail bridge. :thumbsup:
Don't know how I missed that.

Jmouse Hi Joan, I'm not going anywhere so you're stuck with me for a while.

stewart_garden Well I'm trying to convert the sims to the good game. Unfortunately, I've got no idea
how to change the field textures for the stadiums I have, so will have to put up with soccer being the major game for
a while. Ohh the agony  :'(

thundercrack83 Thanks Dustin, coming up soon.

patfirefghtr Trying to keep me honest Pat  :) Well I've made it within the promised time. Hope you
enjoy.

thundercrack83 I was just lucky emilin picked that up and not Nardo69. I can just image the whack across the back of the head
I would of got (and probably still will, Bernhard I'm sure you will read this, I'm so, so sorry, it won't happen again, at least until next time  :P) )

pipishereThanks Pip, appreciate the comment.

urban Thats a great compliment urban, thanks.

Newcastle

Well, the CBD on the island is complete, but there is still a little bit of development to do on the mainland. Residential population is 300k
plus and may well reach 500k by the time I have finished. Have a ton of pic's to post and I apologise to those with slow internet access.

Centre of pic is the new home for the regional government, with the CBD to the left and residential towers to the right.

This area houses both the aquarium, museum and centre for performing arts. The most popular is the musuem.  Pride of place
amongst the other exhibits is the original $100 bill used to make the first ever bribe to a local official. Next to it is the first
arrest warrant issued by the local court, coincidently to the aforementioned official, to face corruption charges.

Well there has to be at least one stadium in town. This one is home to the Newcastle Mariners, one of the
greatest soccer teams never to win a game. There a plans to scrap the team and convert the stadium to a
Quidditch pitch.

Game over, team lost, too much to drink, feeling down, don't wait for the ferry, just step off the end of
the wharf. The water police keep a dive team here every home game for just such an occurence, the Mariners
don't win that many.

Well, what do you expect, a new home for the regional government so there has to be a statue of the first governor to move in.
Of course behind every politician is a great women so a statue of his mistress wife was also commissioned.

Both husband and wife have had matching buildings constructed for their personal staff. His is full of secret passages,
a dozen bedrooms, voluptuous female staff and the odd cigar vending machine. Her's is just one large wardrobe with lots
of shoe racks (writer ducks as various females read this).

The theatre in the park. Hosts plays from various acting troupes from around the region.
Currently the team from the uni is performing. After the success of Tinky Winkie Comes Out,
they are currently performing their latest creation, "Barney, and the Hate Within"

Here are a few shots of the residential areas on the mainland.

The local sewerage treatment plant has a pipeline flowing directly from the regional parliament
building. A lot of *%#@ poors out of that place.

So there you go, the CBD is complete and to be honest I'm surprised I got it to that stage.

My time in OSITM is almost over, but rest assured, I'm not going anywhere. I still have two large tiles in the region
to get to and at least another 20 smaller tiles to work on. Will be doing a bit of experimenting along the way
and hope you all stick around to see how things turn out.

It's been a fun month and thanks to all that have dropped by, it is much appreciated.

Also thanks to Dedgren for the bump to OSITM and of course Jeronij for creating such a special site.

I need a SC4 rest so I'm taking a break, next update  Saturday (Pat thats approx 120hrs so start the clock ;D)

Cheers and thanks to all

Dave

bat

Fantastic update, tooheys! Newcastle is looking wonderful! You have made great parks! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Huge update, Dave! HUGE! And I loved every minute of it. For those of you with a slow connection, it's worth the wait!

Your parks look magnificent and I love the look of Newcastle's skyline with all the custom content! It has definitely been a great month here in Balnavia, and I look forward to seeing where you pick up after your 120-hour rest is over!

Jmouse

At just after midnight July 01, you posted a region shot which included Newcastle (see page 5). The only development was the industrial island and a couple of highways.
Now look at it a short month later!
The word I can't get out of my head is "professional." The latest photos (along with many others) look like they belong in a slick magazine for city planners.
You've done yourself proud so I guess you can take a couple of days off, but don't forget about us!  :D

Until next time...
Joan

stewart_garden

Great conclusion to your OSITM Dave!  Enjoy your well deserved rest.  I'll be here when you get back (most likely with a cold one to hand).

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

dedgren

Dave- What an update!  Great pics, the usual witty, pointed text and an abundant demonstration that Balnavia's month in the sun is coming to an end far, far too soon.  It's hard to even imagine where you will have taken this fine MD six months from now, but I know one thing- we'll all be watching to see.

Fantastic work!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Dave you know i try my hardest to keep you level on the bevel lol...
so if i did me math right 91 to go from now LoL..
Also i couldnt agree more with what David said it soo true, but
hey who says you cant hit OSITM again lol now wouldnt that drive you

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pipishere

&apls

Not sure if i need to comment to be honest...the smiley is enough!

Although....the government area is really nice...well done on the commentary too lol!

tooheys

Ok so I told a slight mistruth, I just couldn't last that long without some sort of an update. Haven't being working too much on Balnavia but have been downloading a hell of a lot for the new CAM, might as well jump in the deep end and see what happens. But first:

Replies:

bat Thank you again bat. You are always one of the first to comment after an update and it is most appreciated.

thundercrack83 Dustin, thankyou very much. I am in the process of converting to the CAM and it will be interesting to see how things progress from here, but progress they will and I'm glad to have you along along for the ride.

Jmouse Hold on a sec while I take my hat off, it seems to be getting a bit small  :) Joan, those are wonderful words and most appreciated.
(although I'd probably describe myself as an amatuer earning a bit on the sly ;))

stewart_garden: Well I'm back a bit early, but I hope you still have a coldie available ( you seem to be fitting in quite well, only a couple more years and you will probably contracted our local malody, cirrhosis of the liver  :) . )

dedgren Hi David, or as described recently in 3 Word Story " the mighty Alaskan Intellectual Heavyweight"  ;D .
Thanks for the comments and the past month in the spotlight, most appreciated.  I'm not sure if Balnavia will be still going in 6mths. At it's current rate of progress I'm going to run out of room in half that time. But I intend to use this period to do a bit of experimenting and once Balnavia runs it course, start a new region (with more bad puns of course).

patfirefghtr Well I though I'd get in early so you didn't have to start sending me reminders :).

I don't know about you keeping me on the level, it's you that sometimes gives me that little push over the top (and on purpose I'm sure  ;))

Cheers my friend. Always a pleasure to have you drop by, Mr Parliamentary, Sir.

pipishere: Pip, the smiley is ample. Thanks for dropping by.

Also, I hadn't actually noticed this until last week, but my karma seems to have taken a bit of a bump. Thankyou to Dustin (thundercrack83) and Pat (patfirefghtr).  Although I'm not sure how much karma a beer guzzling, foul mouthed, irreverent Aussue can actually have before effecting all things spiritual  ::)

So while I'm here, I might as well show a few pic's from two small tiles that got overlooked in the rush to develop Newcastle, one dirty and one green:

Botany

Greenacre (no Pat it's not Greenacres, but it's pretty close to here.)

Something a bit more substantial on the weekend. Until then

Cheers

Dave

bat

and now I'm again the first who comments after a new update!  ;)

That's a great overview of the port! Also Greenacre is looking beautiful with its rural area! :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Aha, you DID feel guilty about leaving us with nothing to look at for a week, didn't you!
Well, Botany is very tidy looking and I like the burst of color in Greenacre. But eventually (*insert evil laugh*), you'll run out of flat land to develop and we'll have a chance to see what you do with those little hills. Looking forward to it.

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Hey, Dave! Welcome to the Best Sellers thread!

Botany looks fantastic, I'm always a big fan of the ports. I love all the industry that surrounds it, too. And the farms in Greenacre look great, too! As always, I'll be back to see what else you have planned!

threeswept

Cool, cool, cool! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us later!

Pat

LoL i dont push i shove lol hehehe ( evil tone ) lol... Dave you have me in stiches here man....  &apls
i loved Greenacre and i did notice in this shot here that there seems to be a bit of weirdness going on
in the pond... the water looks like its goes up then down in a tile...

also if you notice too that there seems to be a split in there by the pump closer to the bridge....
Dave i love this alot i need this good laugh and now im outties - patty boy the parlimentrian  $%Grinno$%

Snaper

I have just traversed the 3 pages which I missed during my absence ... It's always also splendid, one recognizes your style parmis several other cities  :thumbsup:

All your update is sensational, a great BRAVO!  &apls &apls