• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

Hi Dave,

I caught your update early this time.  Avoca is a nice looking place.

Your comment about planning consent made me laugh $%Grinno$%

As for the whales - well that made me laugh too!  But I've never seen them show up in game - is there some kind of Whale Mod you have installed??!!??

The apartments on the terraces up the side of the hill look fantastic.  I really must try this retaining wall thing - but it looks hard to do. 

Catch up next time,

Paul

pipishere

Looking lovely! You must have the patience of a saint to do your harbors! I always get frustrated with trying to get them to look anywhere near right lol.

warconstruct

it is very beautiful, I adore your coast  :thumbsup:
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

bat

Great new pictures of Avoca!
The harbor is looking really nice!
Also nice work on the other areas of Avoca! :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Hey Dave, I see you're back up to your old tricks! ;)
The overview is spectacular. Not only have you done a good job of creating the harbor, you've placed it in a way that looks very natural. I wonder how much planning went into the finished product. Knowing your spontaneous playing style, I can almost hear you saying, "Hey, there's a couple of whales and a blank spot here, so I'll just build a seaport!"
I love all the "bushland," and overall, Avoca looks very inviting. :thumbsup:
I especially like the fourth photo from last with a bit of the shoreline visible, and the second from last with the rocky ground showing through.
I feel like I could spend all day studying the details and still miss some, but I guess that's the way it should be. We shouldn't really notice the details unless they're missing.

Until next time...
Joan

Pat

Ya know a little pokin and proddin Im here lol and Man Dave Im lovin it too WOW!!! Wonderful update and I hope its not to long before the next one....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Avoca looks wonderful, my friend! I love the breakwater and as always, your railroads and residential areas are top-notch! Keep up the splendid work, and I'll be back!

Dustin

tooheys

Replies

paroch: Hi Paul, the whales are natural to the game, maybe your water is too dirty  :D Thanks for the
comments, and you should give the walls a try.

pipishere:
QuoteYou must have the patience of a saint to do your harbors
Like a lot of things,
the more you do it the easier it gets.  $%Grinno$% Thanks pip.

warconstruct: Thanks for dropping by, appreciate the comments.

bat: Thanks bat

Jmouse: Joan, you know me too well  ;) although the whales were not my doing. You are right about my
planning though, there is very little. I just start with a general idea of what kind of area I want (industrial, commercial,
a mix, hilly, flat etc) and just go with the flow and see what happens. Hey, sometimes the result even surprises me  :)

Pat: pokin and proddin, what are you talking about Pat, I thought you visited Balnavia because you loved it here  ::)
Thanks for dropping by my friend.

thundercrack83:
QuoteKeep up the splendid work, and I'll be back!
Is that a challenge Dustin  ;D I will
do my bestest  :)

Ballina

While there is a mix of all zones, Ballina is an industrial based city. Once one of the dirtiest cities in the region, it is
slowly cleaning up it's act, although it still has it's problems.

Dirty industry still abounds and despite regulations, toxic waste, oil, grease continues to find its way into the drainage system.
It all flows into this small lake, once a popular swimming and fishing spot. Dive in there now and depending
on the day, your skin will turn to leather or peal off.

Of course every negative has a positive. The city has established a large water recycling plant besides the lake.
Despite all assurances, no local would ever touch any water, no matter how well treated, that comes from
the lake. The solution, pump it to a neighbour and charge them, what they don't know won't harm them.

Speaking of things greasy....hmmm thats right they have a new healthy menu  ::)

See you next time

Cheers

Dave

Nardo69

Quote from: tooheys on January 24, 2008, 02:32:44 AM...
Dirty industry still abounds and despite regulations, toxic waste, oil, grease continues to find its way into the drainage system.
It all flows into this small lake, once a popular swimming and fishing spot. Dive in there now and depending
on the day, your skin will turn to leather or peal off.
Of course every negative has a positive. The city has established a large water recycling plant besides the lake.
Despite all assurances, no local would ever touch any water, no matter how well treated, that comes from
the lake. The solution, pump it to a neighbour and charge them, what they don't know won't harm them.
Speaking of things greasy....hmmm thats right they have a new healthy menu  ::)

There are things like these that make one always come back here!  :D  :thumbsup:
I was about to ask that right before I read your text!  ;)

Good work wıth these dirty ditches! They made me think about doing another "nice" dirty industrıial area lıke yours but RLS prevented me from starting ...

Take care my friend! And Good luck at the competition - unless Cockatoo participates, that is ...

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

bat

Wonderful update of that industrial area! Great work on it and the rail yard! :thumbsup:

pipishere

What a great industrial area!! I've never seen anything soo...industrial lol. Nice touch with the lake and pumping station. An inspiration!  :thumbsup:

paroch

Hi Dave,

Yes, very nice update.

Your little snippets of humour always make me laugh.  And great pics too.  That dirty lake is a gem ;)

Love the sunken highway - in the process of trying that myself but those walls you have are much better than what I have (I must track them down......).

The railyards are cool too.

Laters,

Paul

thundercrack83

Is that a challenge Dustin  Grin I will
do my bestest  Smiley

And you have, my friend! You continue to pump out magnificent updates every time! Ballina looks amazing with the industries and pipelines--I love it!

And you're also quite close to becoming the first MD to be moved to the Classics since we went to the new format. Boy, am I going to enjoy moving Balnavia to the Classics!

Until the next update!

Dustin

Cockatoo-210893

Quote from: Nardo69 on January 24, 2008, 04:00:51 AM
Take care my friend! And Good luck at the competition - unless Cockatoo participates, that is ...

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Hehehe.....
All of tooheys pictures are excellent! $%Grinno$%

nova vesfalo

That's what I call an Industrial Zone ! So great, with a complex highway and railway system ! (love the "dirty" lake )

tooheys

Replies

Nardo69: I needed a bit more than luck  :D although I don't mind losing (well slaughtered actually) by a fellow Aussie  $%Grinno$%
Bernhard, always a pleasure to see you dropping by. Thanks for the comments.

bat: Thanks bat

pipishere: Hi pip, yes, industrial was the look I was working for  :D Appreciate the comments.

paroch: Paul, thanks for the comments. I have PMed the details of the walls.

thundercrack83: Dustin, thanks. You have been a longtime supporter of this MD, and how you find
the time to drop by regularily is beyond me, but it is very much appreciated  :thumbsup:

Cockatoo-210893: Just not excellent enough  :D Thanks for dropping by.

nova vesfalo: Appreciate the comments, thanks for visiting.

Ballina

This park was built in the hope of bringing a bit of culture to the blue collar workers of Ballina.
The result, a lot of guys sitting in the park scratching their heads.

A Jumping Castle factory, no, just a new form of managerial stress relief. Now you
can bounce off the walls with no harm done.

An imaginery line is said to be drawn thru the region of Balnavia, The Ass Line. It is said to pass down the middle of the rugby
pitch, thru the parks and under ......

......the Town Hall. It is here it is rumoured that many years ago, the Holy Pail was hidden by the Knights of the Exemplar.
Believed to have have been used to feed that donkey that carried it's valuable cargo to Bethlehem many years ago, it is said
that any horse that drinks from the Pail will become an instant champion. Trainers have spent fortunes trying to locate it, bookies
have spent equal fortunes to try and destroy it.

Oh well, that's enough blasphemy for the day.

Until next time

Cheers

Dave

bat

Great new pictures of the industrial area of Ballina! Also the other pictures are looking wonderful! :thumbsup:

Russell

Great work and very nice pictures!  :thumbsup:

paroch

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the linkie - downloaded already.  I assume the bouncy castle factory was your own custom lot????  Not seen it before and it kinda goes with your sense of humour!!!

I like the mix of industrials.  And I wonder how many sims across the sim world are buried in Underhill Coffins ;)

Is there going to be a church of the holy pail??

Pat

LoL Dave I know I do love coming on down under to see what you have done and you have done some sweet stuff here in the last 2updates!!! I love the piping works at the treatment plants...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie