• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

estevesbk

Oh, so silly of me, now I can see the pieces!  :)

I don't know if I just missed before or if that's because I forgot to install the latest NAM Hotfix. I know that I've installed and now they're there but I don't know if they weren't there already even before the Hotfix installation.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help guys and very sorry for taking your time... Keep up the good job!

Now I can begin my first cities after 2 years without playing with lots of farms and the beautiful dirt roads SAM provides me... Thanks a lot!  :D

vortext

So. . up untill now this gone unnoticed?  %confuso

In any case, I fixed it!  ()stsfd()

Ok, it wasn't that hard since only the last line of code was missing. Still a bit proud though as it was my first encounter with a path file  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

ScottFTL

Quote from: vortext on September 05, 2012, 03:12:04 PM

The patch is actually hidden in this thread.  Here's a hint:thumbsup:

vortext

Quote from: ScottFTL on September 06, 2012, 10:33:45 AM
Quote from: vortext on September 05, 2012, 03:12:04 PM

The patch is actually hidden in this thread.  Here's a hint:thumbsup:

Yeah, I figured it must have been found out before but I couldn't find anything, thanks!  :thumbsup:

Also kinda surprising I hadn't noticed earlier myself as I use these wide curves quite a lot.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Pipo123

Hi, I having that problems with the SAM (and RHW)

Sorry my english.

Tarkus

First off, Pipo123, welcome to SC4 Devotion!

It appears you have the starter pieces, but the drag-out is deconverting to the base network.  There's only one possible thing that could be causing that--a conflicting, outdated RUL2 file that doesn't include the code to enable the SAM or RHW.  I'd hazard a guess that you installed one of the old, pre-NAM "Transit Supplement"/"Transit Supermod" files off the STEX from 2003-2004.  Those files aren't compatible with the NAM (and all the fixes they contained were added into the NAM ages ago), so you'll need to find and remove them.

-Alex

Pipo123

Quote from: Tarkus on September 09, 2012, 01:12:53 PM
First off, Pipo123, welcome to SC4 Devotion!

It appears you have the starter pieces, but the drag-out is deconverting to the base network.  There's only one possible thing that could be causing that--a conflicting, outdated RUL2 file that doesn't include the code to enable the SAM or RHW.  I'd hazard a guess that you installed one of the old, pre-NAM "Transit Supplement"/"Transit Supermod" files off the STEX from 2003-2004.  Those files aren't compatible with the NAM (and all the fixes they contained were added into the NAM ages ago), so you'll need to find and remove them.

-Alex
Thanks, very thanks

Fairfield

So, sorry to sound dumb, and I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't get this thing to work correctly.  I get a lot of white outlines, so I read up on how to do this correctly.  Yet there's something I don't get:

"1 - Using the TAB key, flip through the SAM Puzzle Piece Rotation Ring until you find the SAM Texture Variation you would like to use.  Then plop it.  (Keep in mind you will have to have an area to drag in excess of 5 tiles in length.  See FAQ #2)

2 - Select the Street and drag from the end of the SAM Starter Piece out.  (Keep in mind you want atleast 5 tiles in length)"

When it says, "Select the Street," what piece does it mean?  The core street piece?  The one that's the starter for the unique roads?  I have tried both and neither works; the starter doesn't drag and the core game street just won't merge with the new ones.

Tarkus

Here's what you do:

1) Plop the starter piece for the street you want to use.
2) Select the game's default Street network tool.
3) Take the Street network tool and drag a Street out from the non-white end of the starter piece.
4) Bulldoze the white end of the starter piece.

The starter piece itself does not drag.

This video may also help:
http://www.youtube.com/v/76C5SUXMDDw

-Alex

Diggis

Just copying this here so I can keep track of needed textures:

Quote from: CocoJones on March 02, 2013, 06:59:26 PM
Not sure if this is because I missed something (cleanitol didn't work due to different plugin folder and it's the middle of the night for me  /wrrd%&) but I'm missing a few SAM roundabout cosmetics:
SAM3, 4 & 5 revert to default street roundabout, SAM6 is missing. Paths are working fine (LHD).
Image is street and sam2-10 from left to right.

I did notice that the sam6 texture file is considerably smaller compared to the others.

I'll look at the originals and try and expand them to finish them off this month.

CocoJones

Quote from: Diggis on March 04, 2013, 03:32:05 AM
I'll look at the originals and try and expand them to finish them off this month.

Awesome!  :thumbsup: I really appreciate all the hard work people put (and keep putting) into this!

Diggis

*sneaks in...*

*runs out...*

scadc499

Jack_wilds

progress in the sam box...  :thumbsup:

MOREOPTIONS

Good day,  as Shown here.  I am also missing SAM 6.  but it's tottaly missing. it let me draw but invisable.  anyone have the missing textures for sam6???
Quote from: Diggis on March 04, 2013, 03:32:05 AM
Just copying this here so I can keep track of needed textures:

Quote from: CocoJones on March 02, 2013, 06:59:26 PM
Not sure if this is because I missed something (cleanitol didn't work due to different plugin folder and it's the middle of the night for me  /wrrd%&) but I'm missing a few SAM roundabout cosmetics:
SAM3, 4 & 5 revert to default street roundabout, SAM6 is missing. Paths are working fine (LHD).
Image is street and sam2-10 from left to right.

I did notice that the sam6 texture file is considerably smaller compared to the others.

Diggis

SAM 6 textures were badly broken in the 31 release. It was only a start set, which had many missing textures. I've added these in and I believe they should be in the 31.1 release, which is imminent.

MOREOPTIONS

Quote from: Diggis on April 18, 2013, 07:19:44 AM
SAM 6 textures were badly broken in the 31 release. It was only a start set, which had many missing textures. I've added these in and I believe they should be in the 31.1 release, which is imminent.
Thank You Diggis.  I've Downloaded and installed the 31.1.  will check on that,  now I am trying to resolve a new bug. was ok till 31.1,  my puzzle peaces are now missing for hwy interchanges and rams.

Diggis

Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on April 18, 2013, 10:11:35 AM
Quote from: Diggis on April 18, 2013, 07:19:44 AM
Thank You Diggis.  I've Downloaded and installed the 31.1.  will check on that,  now I am trying to resolve a new bug. was ok till 31.1,  my puzzle peaces are now missing for hwy interchanges and rams.

Yeah, I didn't realise it had been released when I posted that. Please post your other issues with the NAM in the bug reporting thread.

rivit

Hi Diggis,

have been playing around with the all new SAM1 parking lots and very much like the new T21 support, which makes them actually have a use. I have found a small glitch with them which is caused by two different and compounding things.

Firstly the parking spaces use car props from two Families at the same time
- A000000F Residential Parked Cars Timed Conditional and
- A000003D Commercial Parked Cars Timed Conditional,

These unfortunately are not mutually exclusive, ie. they can overlap in time leading to two props being laid one over the other.  This shows up some weird gfx. and the parking lots are always filled rather than giving the illusion of sending people between home parking and elsewhere parking as I think was the intent. (Image attached)

I believe the correct way to fix this is to split the T21s for the 2 parking tiles into Residential using A0000000F and The Rest using family A000003D. Have done this, works for me, and the version is attached below for verification. (Res are filled at night, the rest by day)

The second complication I've found (which is just for info really) is due to the fact that there is at least one large collection of non-maxis car props (I appear to have over 400 props in each family) which has non-timed props in both families 0F and 3D. This has the effect of swamping the parking lots in a permanent way and almost completely hides the back and forth illusion. I shall probably make these conditional for myself somewhere down the track. You may want to note this in doco somewhere.

cheers Ron

Diggis

Thanks Ron, I'll take a look at that. Barby did it up for me a long time ago and we just threw it in as it was a huge improvement on nothing.   I think I understand what you are saying and it sounds pretty good to me, so I will check what you've done and replace the one in NAM probably.