• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Is there a way?

Started by sdc16064, August 22, 2017, 05:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdc16064

I was wondering is there a way to get the LEX DVD, or has it been discontinued? I heard you can get it by a certain donation amount, but will that work or not?

mgb204

My understanding is that there is currently no system in place for someone to create and send these disks out.

Tyberius06

Hi!

Why doesn't one make a digital copy? It's a way easier. It's working over at STEX. I would be interested in a copy of that disc/digital copy, because it contains some items which is not available anywhere else.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Tarkus

RippleJet was distributing a digital ISO copy back when he was active, in the wake of the discs selling out, but I'm unsure of its whereabouts (I do not have a copy of the disc or the ISO).  If we were to acquire one, we would also need to work out proper infrastructure to ensure reliable access going forward.

-Alex

mikehuntoon

Is there any update to offer on this issue?

Tarkus

We've located the work that was done on an updated version of the DVD.  We're still working out the best way to offer things up, however.  There's no real timetable as to when everything will be resolved.

-Alex

mikehuntoon

Progress is good, with or without a timetable. Thanks much for your very quick reply.

Mike

MrSenator

Just checking if, a year later, there's been any update on this? Totally willing to donate...

Tarkus

Thanks for asking, MrSenator, and welcome to SC4D!  :thumbsup:

As of right now, the necessary logistics for re-releasing the DVD content in some form have still not been resolved.  We did work out a potential plan for it following the last update, but there's been a lot of RL among key staff members in this past year (some of which is still ongoing), which has unfortunately meant that the effort is stalled at present.

-Alex