• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

I have updated the NAM about eight hours after the initial release, so it should be fixed. Can you please advise Avels san to download the NAM again and see if he still get the error?
Andreas

MAS71

@Warrior and Andreas
Oh !! Thanks so much for your deal with a problem quickly !!  :)
Do you have already updated NAM about that ?

Ok. Yes, I tell him/her to that and report it to other japanese in our wiki too.  ;)
and I'm try again with latest files now and report again later.

##### Edited #####
Should I(we) overwrite file only NetworkAddonMod4.dat to existing same file ?
or
Did you(NAM team) revised file except it in this update ?

Thank you
-Mas'71

MAS71

Quote from: MAS71R$$_Stage13_Cobb Tower (Model in COBB MEGA Props Vol05.dat)
  Cs$$$_Stage13_JadeHotel (Model in  JadeHotel-0x5ad0e817_0x4d424f8e_0xa0000.SC4Model)

IM-5_PerkinsFurnitureCompany

We can see this problem with only one direction of builidings in Zoom level 5.
I think that a cause is IID of models in a Custom Interchanges which added in this version. (maybe)

I'm sorry to post in succession.  $%Grinno$%

@Andreas san
I tested it again with each file of both versions(PC and MAC) of latest NAM which I got few minuts ago
but I could not get good result.(same result)  ()sad()
Would you check it again and upload correct file ??

Thank you for your big helps. ;)

thefirstgenesis

This is my first post, and I'm trying to get used to posting an image on the blog. I think this post should go into the RHW troubleshoot guide, but I want to bring this issue to attention. I know that most of us are trying the facets of the newest NAM and the RHW updates and creating spectacular highways and interchange systems. However, the bridge capabilities are still a little bit limited. For example, Attachment 1 shows that the RHW bridge capabilities can only be used for MIS and the RHW-4 only (Highway B). But for the RHW-8 (Highway A) and possibly for the RHW-6 and RHW-10, there are missing bridge pieces. It would be nice to see that your multilaned RHW-10 highway or interstate can go over a road, avenue, or rail for that matter by creating bridges over these networks. Just a proposition to consider in the future.

Oh and by the way, a RHW-4 over an avenue looks something like this (See RHW-4 over Avenue, Attachment 2) with some restructuring using the slope-mod and a hole digging plugin. It looks very unrealistic with only one supporting pier on the left side of the avenue instead of having piers on both sides of the avenue like most realistic overpasses. I'll have to devise ways to change it.

deathtopumpkins

To post an image here on the forums, upload it to a hosting site first (I.e. Photobucket) and copy the IMG code photobucket gives you into your post.

As for your request, I think elevated wider RHW networks will be in a version in the distant future, but are not a high priority right now. And this would be better posted in the RHW's own thread, methinks.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Hi thefirstgenesis-

Welcome to SC4D!  As deathtopumpkins mentioned, Wider Elevated RHWs, as well as Wider RHWs under Elevated RHWs are planned for a future release. 

As far as the support piers there, that has to do with how the supports are applied--the only way to change this that I'm aware of would to be to change the Type21 Exemplars to make it so that the supports show up on every single tile. 

Also, if you're looking for a free image host, you can also try ImageShack, which works good for quick posting purposes. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

MAS71

Avels san investigated them with LotEditer(in his Plugins : 3GB) and reported. "$Deal"$
I think that you already have fixed, I report them just to make sure.  ;)

These are LOTs have the problem that Avels san found.

• R$8_2x4_Plattrnbau 21 Geschosser
  • R$8_4x3_Plattrnbau 21 Geschosser
  • R$8_4x2_Plattrnbau 21 Geschosser
  • R$$9_5x2_DorraBay
  • R$$9_3x4 MoscowRED_corner_CAM
  • R$$9_3x4 MoscowRED1_CAM
  • R$$13_3x3_Cobb_Tower
  • CS$$$13_3x3_Jade
  • IM$$5_6x7_jes_PerkinsFuurnitureCompany

Andreas

Hmm, I will check the upload again, but I do know for sure that both Jonathan (Warrior) and Chrisim posted a fix for the problem (someone else was reporting the issue, mentioning an SFBT Plattenbau lot) already. RL has been pretty busy for me lately, so I might have missed something.
Andreas

jgehrts

I think I've (sort of) figured out what's happening with the problem I posted about a few days back (see the quoted text below) ... but I have no idea why it's happening.

If I zone a tile of commercial, all the residential zones with the no-road zot immediately (and I mean immediately) develop.  However, many of the residential zones then turn to a no-work zot (which isn't surprising, since there's only few jobs available).  I wasn't having this issue before the latest NAM release, although I'm not sure what the connection would be.

Quote from: jgehrts on January 21, 2009, 08:19:30 PM
I'm having "no road access" zots popping up in undeveloped zones.  I didn't have this problem before installing the new NAM, that I can think of... so I'm wondering if it's related to that.  I originally thought it had to do with the SAM, but I tried zoning along a normal Road, and had the same issue.

I've attached a screenshot - it appears the pathing is normal (at least to my somewhat untrained eye  ;)).

Thanks for any suggestions, guys!

MAS71

@Andreas san
Yeh,Yeh, You have to be taken first priority your RL.  I(we) understand very well.  ;)
We looking forward to next update the NAM(or any upload any fixed) when you have your time. :)
Thank you always.  ;)

@jgehrts
Which file Traffic Controller do you choosed (using) ?
Please check it, and I think that you should choose again Traffic Controller File without "P"(Park and Ride)

• NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_AP_xxxxx.dat
  • NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_BP_xxxxx.dat
  • NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_ZP_xxxxx.dat

Hope this any helps  ;)

jgehrts

Quote from: MAS71 on January 29, 2009, 09:14:12 PM
@jgehrts
Which file Traffic Controller do you choosed (using) ?
Please check it, and I think that you should choose again Traffic Controller File without "P"(Park and Ride)

• NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_AP_xxxxx.dat
  • NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_BP_xxxxx.dat
  • NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_ZP_xxxxx.dat

Hope this any helps  ;)

I'm using NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_B_Medium.dat ... interestingly enough, my no-road zot problem doesn't seem to always happen.  I was playing again tonight and zones in other city tiles had no problems developing "from scratch," so to speak.

Tropod

Quote from: FrankU

Is there someone who can tell me what the difference is between the Ground Highway Onramp 01 and the Ground Highway Onramp 02? They look identical. I never know which to use and why I shouldn't use the other one....

Picture... explaining my question....

This is for technical reasons.

As Swamper has explained, they are for different directions.
While there may appear to be duplicates, I can assure you they're not.
Where possible, any onewayroad interchange items such as this should be laid over on top of existing stretches of (normal) onewayroad. And the game will automatically configure (pick/choose) which OWR interchange item is compatible when you cycle through them over an applicable network (the majority of interchange items function this way).
The bland/non-informative labeling is due to the fact that the direction changes based on which version (ie side of the road, left/right) of the game you have. And because they are interchange items they are manually handled, whereas the draggable networks themselves are handled by the exe (generally speaking).
At the time they were made, I couldn't think or come up with anything more descriptive that would work for both left/right versions. It is something that could perhaps be changed; text versions for left & right side.

z

Quote from: jgehrts on January 29, 2009, 11:26:01 PM
I'm using NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_B_Medium.dat ... interestingly enough, my no-road zot problem doesn't seem to always happen.  I was playing again tonight and zones in other city tiles had no problems developing "from scratch," so to speak.

I've seen this for as far back as I can remember, well before the new NAM.  But as jgehrts says, it's only an occasional thing.  I quickly learned that "no road access" sometimes means "no jobs," especially if the lot is vacant, or a new building has just been erected.  I think it's most likely an artifact of the internal Maxis traffic simulator; I don't think it has anything to do with the NAM.

JoeST

Tropod: what about Exit and Entrance, Exit for the one's representing getting off the highway, Entrance for the ones getting onto the highway? or is this voided by something like the LHD plugin?

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jgehrts

Quote from: z on January 30, 2009, 01:20:59 AM
I've seen this for as far back as I can remember, well before the new NAM.  But as jgehrts says, it's only an occasional thing.  I quickly learned that "no road access" sometimes means "no jobs," especially if the lot is vacant, or a new building has just been erected.  I think it's most likely an artifact of the internal Maxis traffic simulator; I don't think it has anything to do with the NAM.

I typically play the game only sporadically, so I couldn't recall it happening before.  That said, I'll take your word for it and proceed as normal when I see the zots pop up.  Thanks for clearing it up!

Nique

I don't know if this has been posted before, but there seems to be a path problem for pedestrians on the road to elevated (15m) T-Slope:

When you drag a onewayroad right over it to create a roundabout the peds can not use the crosswalks.
Proudly developer of

pagenotfound

no CTDS occur when I use the rail curves, but rather when i use the switch pieces. I plop it and a few seconds later the game crashes, this has happened to me twice today. I dont think its a conflict or anything because I only have the current NAM. The only other thing that might cause a problem is that SFBT rail texture mod thingy but I doubt that. What is going on here? ()what()
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

dedgren

I assume, my friend, that you are speaking of the wide radius curve switch puzzle pieces found in the January '09 NAM?  There are four of them- is it with every piece, or just a couple of them?  I agree that the SFBT mod is extremely (to the point of "not possible") unlikely to be causing the problem.  There's never been a CTD reported yet with any of the FAR/FARR/Wide Curves puzzle pieces- it would be very helpful to know as detailed specifics as you could provide.

Sorry about this- we'll sort it out.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

BigSlark

pagenotfound,

I've played with all the various switch and STR alphas and betas with the SFBT Rail Texture mod installed and have not encountered any conflicts, although anything is possible.

Could you tell us about your computer hardware?

Cheers,
Kevin

pagenotfound

well I tested it a third time and it did cause a CTD but not as quickly. But due to the delay of the CTD im starting to think that the switch pieces are in fact not the problem. I have had numerous occasions of this since I got a new copy 3 weeks ago. Im actually starting to think its the "Dual Core Problem". So im gonna adjust it for Dual Core (wheres that tutorial?) and report back asap.
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!